Voxengo release Peak Buster

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJErmac wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:14 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:14 am
DJErmac wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 am It sounds absolutely pristine, but I'd love to be able to push the effect further. It's just my opinion, but the "wow" effect is not there for me.
Yeah, I know, it's maybe because it's not pushed further that it sounds that clean.
Its getting input trim and a more obv fx mode in the next update:)
Purchased after your comment.
Thanks ! :tu:
https://www.voxengo.com/product/peakbuster/

not joking but it was just updated with both of those :D
Originally Posted by Voxengo Aleksey ➡️
Version 1.1 released:
* Added the "Trim" control which adds more flexibility considering level-dependent nature of the algorithm.
* Added the "Mode" parameter with a "special FX" mode.
* Fixed "FX" parameter automation.
* Added "Bands", "Trim" and "Mode" parameter automation.

Ploki wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:50 am
DJErmac wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:14 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:14 am
DJErmac wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 am It sounds absolutely pristine, but I'd love to be able to push the effect further. It's just my opinion, but the "wow" effect is not there for me.
Yeah, I know, it's maybe because it's not pushed further that it sounds that clean.
Its getting input trim and a more obv fx mode in the next update:)
Purchased after your comment.
Thanks ! :tu:

not joking but it was just updated with both of those :D
Originally Posted by Voxengo Aleksey ➡️
Version 1.1 released:
* Added the "Trim" control which adds more flexibility considering level-dependent nature of the algorithm.
* Added the "Mode" parameter with a "special FX" mode.
* Fixed "FX" parameter automation.
* Added "Bands", "Trim" and "Mode" parameter automation.

Just tried : now it really is awesome ! Thanks again for your comment, I probably would have passed on it (and intro price ends very quickly) if you had not replied. :tu:

For some reason, you have to find the sweet spot using the input trim. From a very quick try, it seems values around 18 produce the biggest transient changes on the material I've tried, and bigger values don't increase them at all, they're on the contrary lightely tamed then. I supposed the base material is simply considered as clipped above a certain treshold and so not detected properly.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

This just in:
Permanent Discounts schedule improvement

June 13, 2021: Dear Voxengo users,

We have improved our permanent discounts schedule, by doubling it. The customers who previously, cumulatively, spent more than $700 now receive 30% permanent discount instead of 15%. We have decided this would be more fair to customers who were loyal prior to introduction of Premium Membership which put such customers at some disadvantage, admittedly. Better later than never. Introduction of Premium Membership was, of course, a result of competition intensification on the plug-in market.

Kind regards,

Voxengo
Man, do I love Aleksey.

I find it a bit odd that no one has posted a YouTube video showing this plugin in action.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:45 pm I find it a bit odd that no one has posted a YouTube video showing this plugin in action.
Why not download the demo and make one yourself? ;-)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:45 pm I find it a bit odd that no one has posted a YouTube video showing this plugin in action.
Well, that's a possibility.

But I'm guessing there are many other users who tried the demo, or purchased it, but no one has posted a YT video showing it.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:11 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Well, that's a possibility.

But I'm guessing there are many other users who tried the demo, or purchased it, but no one has posted a YT video showing it.
With all due respect, but most of the videos you see about other plugins are sponsored. When you see Michael Brauer (pretty much sponsoring every other big developer out there) or Dave Pensado trying this and that and telling you those are the 5 ones he can't live without... man, I feel they're selling me a car. For a small developer like voxengo, toneboosters... any video you find is going to be you or I, and I don't know about you but I don't have the time for that. I wish I did.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Yeah Alexey said he didn't "hire" anyone to do it and just leaves it to people to do it.

The new FX1 mode is insanely fun. You can slap it on anything and it's a "kind of compressor, expander and saturator" folded into one - and all three processes are at their sweet spot. It makes presence on vocals so sweet like no EQ can ever do. (Use low FX Lo value, and not more than 3-5dB of processing.)
Just makes stuff pop out and makes them alive. It's bar none of the most unique and fun plugins I've used in a good while.

I wonder if this is anything like DMG's new transient detection.

attention ♥ wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 am I wonder if this is anything like DMG's new transient detection.
Which plug?

Ploki wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 am
attention ♥ wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 am I wonder if this is anything like DMG's new transient detection.
Which plug?
Limitless and Multiplicity can separate transients (pre-attack time) and dynamics.

attention ♥ wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 am
Ploki wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 am
Which plug?
Limitless and Multiplicity can separate transients (pre-attack time) and dynamics.
Ah. Likely good but i doubt its akin to peakbuster

Videos? Well, sorry to be arrogant, but you must be joking. YouTube is a money-driven site. I've had to invest a lot of sponsored money, collectively, to create existing tutorials. SPAN is the only plugin that gets wide YouTube coverage, because it brings "free listeners" to channels. Hype thing. Frankly saying, some "big" YouTubers do not even want to reply to my sponsored content requests. It's a hard business, really. Non-sponsored Peakbuster videos? Not likely to appear.

Oh, well, I was wrong. Must be a hype thing kicked in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJT6c-kWuo

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 am Oh, well, I was wrong. Must be a hype thing kicked in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJT6c-kWuo
This guy did a really good job showcasing your product. Wow, that is incredible how it brings the punch and dynamics back - super impressive :o

Return to “Effects”