DSPplug Omega Width: One of the best now available for $4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you guys mean , that he might not be the best dsp coder in north america-the world ?
:lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Mark Twain once said : "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:38 am Mark Twain once said : "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Homer Simpson once said: "If he's so smart how come he's dead?"

Gruh wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 am"Interleaved" stereo relates to how the information is stored in the file system, namely as a single monolithic audio file with every other digital word representing one channel or the other; it emphatically does not refer to a width-attenuated stereo signal.
Dont be silly. this is basic stuff. When you interleave your mid-side encoded audio, then you have guaranteed bit-level cohesion of your haas-effect demultiplex. So when you reconstitute that with an appropriate algorithm like inverse-buffered extrapolation, the resultant axial constraints have any binaural crosstalk quantized, on an A-weighting level or better. That minimises the Franssen effect, with intrinsic superiority over duplex sonification.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Aren't mono to stereo plugins just grabbing different parts of the mono recording and spreading them across the two channels? You could do this just with a pan knob and channel eq.

arkmabat wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:47 pm Aren't mono to stereo plugins just grabbing different parts of the mono recording and spreading them across the two channels? You could do this just with a pan knob and channel eq.
There's a couple of widening techniques.
Then most obvious is side-channel mix (if sidechannel exists)
Then you can slice up the spectrum and pan it L/R, i think that's what Melda MStereoSpread does (and a few others)
Then there's phasing (spreading the phase)
Then the simple haas effect (not good imo)
Then it's what tone projects kelvin does, that only spreads saturation and keeps original signal intact.
Then what Voxengo Spatifier does, which is a weird short computed IR.

Obvious choruses, delays and all other time-based FX - but those are modulation based.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:21 pm
Gruh wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 am"Interleaved" stereo relates to how the information is stored in the file system, namely as a single monolithic audio file with every other digital word representing one channel or the other; it emphatically does not refer to a width-attenuated stereo signal.
Dont be silly. this is basic stuff. When you interleave your mid-side encoded audio, then you have guaranteed bit-level cohesion of your haas-effect demultiplex. So when you reconstitute that with an appropriate algorithm like inverse-buffered extrapolation, the resultant axial constraints have any binaural crosstalk quantized, on an A-weighting level or better. That minimises the Franssen effect, with intrinsic superiority over duplex sonification.
Now it starts to end up in Dadaism :D :D :D

BTW - stereo width is totally overestimated crap and no one serious professional music producer would waste his time with fiddling around with stereo width. The only thing you need, to make music on a professional level, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFzfZl6NQQ&t=15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89EeLeSWo5E&t=149s

@kingozrecords: learn from the real best of the best of the world - maybe the whole galaxy - to understand what the professional crowd needs!!!

What I want is to succeed and I want to make a DAW like FL studio 11 for the modern age - I want it to be real and I want it to be easy to use and fast. I try to shine to get attention so I can get hired and to lead a team towards that goal. It's like Mick from Rocky says: what you need is speed and I totally agree. New stuff keeps getting slower. I don't care about negativity - I care that people know that I always move on and I keep getting results.

Flowstone isn't always respected but it's fast enough inside a DAW or an editor. The standalone has some inescapable latency though - About 100ms, a product that will soon be released will make that self evident. I'm making faster plugins with it now, that now have less quirks. The only thing I see holding back any plug-in made with any plug-in maker though like Juce, Flowstone, Maize what have you is that defender and file checking utilities seem to slow that load time down due to dependencies often that stem from net frameworks or the like; raising red flags due to the fact that the framework can override any system policy innately. It's My opinion that the vanilla SDK, or a creator that did not use frameworks could be superior.

Here's the new graphic for the latest update that looks a lot better.
DSPplug Omega Width 1-2.gif
zoom in

More details here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/ds ... oz-records

I'm a bit spread thin. Interestingly I'd gotten report that there were load problems in Cubase so I rewrote both the Mid-Side (a unique stereo M/S algo btw) and now the Omega Width plug-in. I guess it was un-necessary because I'd realized I was able to load the windows plug-ins merely by placing them in:

Code: Select all

c:\program files\common files\vst2
I'm not sure if that also accounts for vst3 however. I bought the sausage fattener, good for guitar samples or midi sampler content; very realistic btw. And someone had pointed out the lack of harmonic distortion looking like mid side; and that's really just because that the conventional stereo width is preventing phase cancellation from occurring - ultimately preventing harmonic distortion a different way but resulting in the same phenomenon.

Many will label phase techniques as binaural; but what I think is, oh? So we all use beats by dre mono speakers do we? Oh? Do we all have ghetto blasters these days that make the left and right intelligible due to their close proximity?

Oh? I think.. Isn't it in fact that more people have satellite speakers than ever especially due to the fact that they often do not require wires now. Where do people on any forum including gearslutz get this info, because there's never been more satellite speakers in use amongst the end consumers than there has now - Especially those that are attached wirelessly to a laptop or device. Mirroring the 70's, 80's and 90's with the love of stereo systems and speakers, yet at such a time that were closer together due to the length of wires. We are now limited only by room size and the availability of nearby outlet(s).

If anytime were the time for phase and cool effects it's now; also given the fact that so many use headphones furthermore that argument is only strengthened. This is why I have trouble believing most any of what I read, written amongst popular's regarding what's what for audio. The Beatles thought phase was cool and so do I.

It comes down to what people buy on amazon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have you tried to apply for a job at NI? Just imagining it gives me a blast…

kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 am What I want is to succeed and I want to make a DAW like FL studio 11 for the modern age - I want it to be real and I want it to be easy to use and fast. I try to shine to get attention so I can get hired and to lead a team towards that goal.
isn't FL like at version 20 or something
kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 am Flowstone
lol

kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 am any plug-in maker though like Juce, Flowstone, Maize
:lol:

kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 am Mirroring the 70's, 80's and 90's with the love of stereo systems and speakers, yet at such a time that were closer together due to the length of wires. We are now limited only by room size and the availability of nearby outlet(s).
If only we'd had the technology for 5m cables in the 70's, 80's or 90's.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:20 am
kingozrecords wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 am Mirroring the 70's, 80's and 90's with the love of stereo systems and speakers, yet at such a time that were closer together due to the length of wires. We are now limited only by room size and the availability of nearby outlet(s).
If only we'd had the technology for 5m cables in the 70's, 80's or 90's.
If only the landlord would allow taking off the baseboard to install a hidden feed wire for My right rear 12 inch lol.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:21 pm
I KNOW RIGHT?!

Frickin' NAILED it. Exactly what I was about to say.

These kinds of issues inevitably come up when not enough care is taken in adapting the original hardware into digital, as it takes expensive tools to even measure if pressure is being maintained through all twenty three Flaussum valves or if you're going to have to shut the whole section down for inspection of your countersink flanges and dorry flanges to determine if your inverted torque transfer shafts have started to buckle, thus causing constantly rising gravimetric interference that, if left unchecked, will undoubtedly result in lost Prantkins, and I know I don't have to tell you guys what that means! LOL

Now if I could just get my damn kid to mow the lawn, AMIRITE?!

Return to “Effects”