Replacements for Ozone 9 Adv. Mastering Plugins/Suite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking to replace Ozone 9 Advanced here.

Im looking for suggestions

Thanks

I am currently migrating to Voxengo stuff. Not that integrated, but a joy to use.

For Tonal Balancer replacement/alternatives....

- Mastering the Mix 'Reference'
- Direct Approach 'SpecTrend'
- SlickEQ M with EQ matching your reference tracks.

Most of the other modules have worthy replacements but expect to spend some coin, ie: Pro-MB / Spectre / Pro-L2. I don't know of a direct replacement for the multi-band imager, though - if anyone does, I'd like to know.

But my guess is that this thread will go many pages without your response....

ralfrobert wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:17 pm I am currently migrating to Voxengo stuff. Not that integrated, but a joy to use.
Same, very happy with the transition. Also have a look at Toneboosters stuff and Acon Digital Mastering Suite.

crickey13 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:56 am
ralfrobert wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:17 pm I am currently migrating to Voxengo stuff. Not that integrated, but a joy to use.
Same, very happy with the transition. Also have a look at Toneboosters stuff and Acon Digital Mastering Suite.
+1

In fact, what you lose when abandoning iZotope is the degree of uniformity and integration the tools deliver (mastering process, integration with mixing, GUIs, great documentation / video courses etc.). This might be an argument to someone not so technical. However: If you do not like the saturation delivered by Ozone, for example, you will look somewhere else; and this means your environment becomes more heterogenous / mixed at this moment. Consider adding Elephant for maximizing, another EQ you like a bit more ... and you are completely away.

Ozone might be a "safe harbour" for some users, as it is a somewhat closed experience to a certain point. One other solution came to mind:

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp-master/

I have this and use it for certain situations. It is not very shiny and / or fancy, but does the job to a certain degree.

ralfrobert wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm In fact, what you lose when abandoning iZotope is the degree of uniformity and integration the tools deliver (mastering process, integration with mixing, GUIs, great documentation / video courses etc.). This might be an argument to someone not so technical. However: If you do not like the saturation delivered by Ozone, for example, you will look somewhere else; and this means your environment becomes more heterogenous / mixed at this moment. Consider adding Elephant for maximizing, another EQ you like a bit more ... and you are completely away.
Very well said. You can pick and choose and optimize your workflow however you want. Once you're done picking the array of tools you're going to use, leaving Ozone behind not so frustrating anymore.

Also OP, be sure to check out Klanghelm stuff, but I feel that kind of goes without saying. Grab them if you haven't already.

shanabit wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm Looking to replace Ozone 9 Advanced here.

Im looking for suggestions

Thanks
Can you name specific utilities of ozone which you’re using extensively and want to replace? Other than that the usual suspects like fabfilter, toneboosters, dmg, voxengo and Plugin alliance. Just examples but the few I have mentioned cover a lot of ground…

Cheers
Marcel :)

hlecram wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm
Can you name specific utilities of ozone which you’re using extensively and want to replace? Other than that the usual suspects like fabfilter, toneboosters, dmg, voxengo and Plugin alliance. Just examples but the few I have mentioned cover a lot of ground…

Cheers
Thanks fellas, Im a meat and potatoes dude on Mastering, nothing crazy needed, compression, limiting, EQ, maybe some saturation. Thats about it here. I got Ozone originally to have a one stop shop if you will BUT I really don't care about that at this point.

Does T Rax suck or is it a good alternative as well?

Thanks for the recommendations, Ill check those all out
Last edited by shanabit on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:50 pm
But my guess is that this thread will go many pages without your response....
Wrong it seems :P

Replacemant mean something simular with a master assistant(?).

CloudBounce is simple to use, not too expensive and sounds pretty good.

Another idea for VSTs : Acon Digital Mastering Bundle. You can get it used for around 50 bucks.

I can't argue for leaving or staying with iZotope, but an interesting option is Sonible, especially the brand new smart:EQ3. On top of dynamic EQ (like iZotope´s Neutron and Ozone), version 3 features EQ multitrack carving, as the only product available today (I'm sure it will be the big thing of iZotope MPS5). So, you can state that the vocals should take precedence, then maybe the BD (and sidechain the bass), then pads, rhytm guitars etc in the background. smart:EQ3 is still on intro sale at PB. At 90 bucks, it's a steal.

Sonible also has the smart:Comp(ressor). Haven't tried it, but it's a multiband compressor.

There are several tools that do what iZotope does for other specific parts, like vocals. Still, I'm super happy with MPS4, which I got pretty cheap, so I'll stick with it for now. It's quite a powerful package, honestly!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

shanabit wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm
hlecram wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Cheers
Thanks fellas, Im a meat and potatoes dude on Mastering, nothing crazy needed, compression, limiting, EQ, maybe some saturation. Thats about it here. I got Ozone originally to have a one stop shop if you will BUT I really don't care about that at this point.

Does T Rax suck or is it a good alternative as well?

Thanks for the recommendations, Ill check those all out
I dont think T Racks sucks, to be honest that was my first spontanious idea :-). The maing thing, as mentioned before, might be if you want to stay with something like Ozone in general, then T Racks is kind of the "natural" alternative or went to something different (in whatever direction), then there has been lot of nice alternatives already in the other posts in this thread.

For me it is important to have a workflow built up that works for me in general. As I started with TRacks 3 (and still use some of the mastering presets that for my taste never been reached), then with TRacks 5 it was mainly the master match that caught my attention cause I have stuff where I simply dont find any matching presets, so with master match there was kind of a solution to solve that problem.

But I have to say I still dont really know what I am doing, so learning mastering from ground up, understanding the basic and using some of the other tools recommended in this thread might be the better alternative. Or use an online mastering subscription thats the other end of the line. Really depends on what you want to do with it.

Return to “Effects”