Challenge - who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm the piper at the gates of DAW.

- Cubase Pro 11
- Ableton Live 11 Suite
- Reason 11 Suite
- Bitwig Studio 3.3.10
- Reaper 6.x

(Harrison Mixbus 6, is not that actively used, but also not unused)
(Maschine is used actively, but isn't a DAW, but i can produce whole tracks with it, with Maschine Mk3 + Jam it is an ecosystem for me)

i mainly use REAPER and have Live Lite and Reason Intro but i barely use them.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

i use a friend's while they are at work.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 am Do you own more than one pair of shoes?
nope.
As a Hippie I'm surprised you own any shoes.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:05 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 am Do you own more than one pair of shoes?
nope.
As a Hippie I'm surprised you own any shoes.
He has only one pair of shoes, but a very extensive collection of flipflops.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ahh I see. Does he wear socks with his flip flops? That would help determine whether he's a Hippie or a Hipster.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

trophies are not "footwear" :shrug:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:36 pm trophies are not "footwear" :shrug:
It puts the lotion on its skin....

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Those are going to give me nightmares.

Ableton Live 11 Suite
Bitwig Studio 3.3 / 4beta
Cubase Pro 11
Reason 11.3
Studio One 5.2 Pro
Renoise 3.3
MPC Software 2.9

I actively avoid useing all of them!

:clown:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:49 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:36 pm trophies are not "footwear" :shrug:
It puts the lotion on its skin....

:lol:

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:46 am So synths are like shades of colors and DAW's are like shoes. Teksonik 2021

So, someone who is acquiring lot of DAW's is Karen from Sex&City. :hihi:
:lol:

elxsound wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:51 pm Those are going to give me nightmares.
Same :)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

A more appropriate title for this thread might be "So Who Is the Biggest Idiot?" because there really isn't such a lack of features in any host that the effort required to switch between them doesn't outweigh any tiny advantage one may have over another in any given scenario. I own three licences - Orion, Cubase and Studio One - but Studio One is the only one I currently have installed.
Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:19 amAnd what about others that enjoy working in different environments?
I am sure you have heard the expression "jack of all trades, master of none"? That is your answer.
Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:18 pmI think this is not true. As I mentioned before in this topic, I actively use 4 DAWs. I have finished more than 1000 tracks in the last 8 years.
The question is to what standard? I could make 1000 tracks over 8 years but I am pretty sure they'd mostly be krap. Care to supply us with a link to some of your work?
Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:43 pmYour analogy is not well suited for this discussion, because cheating is bad, using more than one DAW is normal.
Drinking alcohol is also normal but that doesn't make it good for you or the sensible thing to do. As my dear old Mum would have said, "just because everyone else is jumping off a cliff doesn't mean you have to".
Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 amOr do you own shoes for hiking, for running, for dress, for casual comfort and so on since they're all designed to better perform a certain task?
No, I pretty much use the same pair of shoes for each of those tasks. I have a pair of black slip-on Skechers that look good enough to wear with a suit but are excellent for walking/hiking and comfortable enough that I wear them to work every day. Before that I'd had several pairs of black suede Merrell Jungle Mocs that were similarly adaptive. That came about because I did my due diligence, rather than just looking at what everyone else does and copying them.

The thing with shoes, though, is that I don't have to export my feet in a format that is compatible with the next pair I want to wear. I can just slip one pair off and slip the next pair on. Moving a project from one DAW to another is not like that at all.
For my guitar based stuff I use Cakewalk (I was a paying customer up to Sonar X3 so it counts here). For my synth based stuff I use FL Studio. To me they are both better suited for their respective tasks.
And if someone showed you a different host that was as good as each of those at their respective tasks, you wouldn't be interested? And what of a project that might be equal parts guitar and synth? Surely there is plenty of cross-over? What would worry me in your situation is if a song that started out as one ended up being better served by the other. A single environment gives you greater flexibility in those situations.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”