Need help with SAVIHost

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi,
Due to my hearing problem, I need to use an EQ when listening to music, playing movies, etc.
For playing my own music I use MusiBee with a VST plugin called TDR Nova -
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/ (https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/)
For other audio - Youtube, Spotify and movies I had the EqualizerAPO with the same TDR Nova plugin.
Everything worked fine until recently, when one day I noticed the EqualizerAPO stopped working. MusicBee is OK. I think it happened after an update of Windows 10.

I started to look for an alternative host for the TDR Nova plugin, and ran into SAVIHost.
I downloaded it and run it. It runs the plugin, but the plugin does not work.
I wonder if there is somebody here familiar with SAVIHost who could help me to configure it. The help that comes with it covers only "Devices" but maybe I need to look at other settings too.
I can fiddle with the controls of the plugin, but the audio coming out of my headphones is not processed.

Thanks in advance
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not familiar with your particular plugin but I have also had that problem with some plugins in both Savihost and VST Host. I wish I knew what the problem was. I use Cantabile Lite now but Savihost was really convenient because it runs instruments as standalones.

Maybe this can help you.

Under Devices at the top go into Wave and choose your soundcard.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I haven't used SaviHost for awhile. It was getting long in the tooth and was glitching on me. However, it is more meant for running synths as standalone. You are running an equalizer and this requires some audio input, which I don't recall if SaviHost takes or not. Anyway, make sure your audio is routed through it, if that's possible.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

sbj wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:31 pm Under Devices at the top go into Wave and choose your soundcard.
Yes, I do that. That part is covered in the Help.
But the problem is, no matter what I select for 'Input Port", it jumps back to 'No Wave'.
So maybe this is the problem. I have no input into the equaliser, but the app doesn't want to take any.

These are screenshots -

Properly working plugin under MusicBee - shows the OUT wave -
MusicBee.JPG
Devices menu -
Devices.JPG
MIDI selection -
MIDI.JPG
Wave selection -
this is what I select.JPG
But the Input Port selection always jumps back to No Wave, no matter what I select -
this is what happens.JPG

So it appears that there is a glitch in the program, or it was not designed for VST Effect type of plugins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could Tone2's NanoHost help?

I tried Cantabile LIght, but the same problem - I can't get input to the Plugin.

After reading the Cantabile documentation, I think I am in a wrong area alltogether. All these 'hosts' are intended for plugins used in creation of music, not for listening to music from a PC library. Its all about songs, keyboards, microphone, etc.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help.

This might be what you're looking for.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

For what you are trying to do, I think you need VSTHost, not SaviHost.

AFAIK SaviHost is a stripped down version of VSTHost thought exclusively to host Virtual Instruments. VSTHost allows you to route audio though it, which I think SaviHost doesn't, and allows you to use audio processors.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”