Nimbus reverb,is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For years i used to play stock or free reverbs and always had intention to buy some quality one,but hesitate which one worth it.
Nimbus is 15 euro now at pluginbouique,ilok activation.
It seems very musical and advanced reverb to me,especially the possibilities to shape the tale so reverb to be used without need of compressing.
Seems very useful,but couldn't find many useful videos in youtube,any tips will be welcome.
Actually i already bought it and start to explore it,just need some tips.
Cheers :)
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 230-NIMBUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbkVVgX_WY
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

IMO worth it like other Expotential Audio reverbs, but be aware: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=566603

updates aren't important right now, but to squeeze it,from what i tested so far the mix sound better with it, compared to all free stuff i used before.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am updates aren't important right now, but to squeeze it,from what i tested so far the mix sound better with it, compared to all free stuff i used before.
For 15 EUR it's IMO no brainer :)

Absolute no brainer at sale price. Not a flashy sounding reverb but something that can easily put a sound in a space while sitting in the mix with minimal effort. A useful tool for everyone.

yeah gui is ugly as fk,but immediately add something to the mix when applied.
Need to learn it better,to make my own settings,there is tons of build presets to use,but i like to experiment.

I actually prefer Phoenix (the little brother) over Nimbus, because it has less controls and it thus somewhat simpler to use. Both are excellent at clean, nonintrusive but convincing realistic reverbs imho. For 15 bucks (or even more) you won't get anything better.
GUI is definitely on the ugly side and very amateurishly designed, but surprising good functionality and easy to use. I only wish there were more UI sizes between "small" and "supersize", but at least you do have those two options.
And CPU usage is quite low, compared to other high quality reverbs (e.g. Acon Digital Verberate, which is another great clean reverb).

It sounds way better than the reduced price would indicate. Worth the small amount of money even if it is no longer being actively developed.

Nimbus and R4 were like two hundred dollars a couple of years ago. They are as good as reverbs currently worth that. However, I fear that Izotope wont develop them, or only under subscription.

Note that Nimbus/PhoenixVerb are a bit special. I wouldn't recommend those for lush synth reverb. Rather for realistic percussion/drum room reverberation. They're very good for that though.

Real horses for courses reverb.

Nimbus and R4 complement each other excellently.

Not much to add that hasn't already been stated, but yeah, Nimbus is great for realistic spaces and $15 is about as no-brainer as one could ask for.
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 pm yeah gui is ugly as fk,
Really? I think it's rather nice looking, in a simple and basic sort of way :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

i used it on synth tracks with on/off testing and to my taste track sit better in the mix compared to build synth reverbs.
I like how my favorite horses (Sylenth1,V-Station,Synthmasters,Largo,Icarfus so on)sounds with their reverbs,
but have to learn more advanced techniques to mix with external reverb.
Didn't spend much time in that direction practically and my mixes honestly sucks,even if presets are interesting as structure and sound,when the mix sucks people think you suck as designer too :)

cryophonik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:14 pm Not much to add that hasn't already been stated, but yeah, Nimbus is great for realistic spaces and $15 is about as no-brainer as one could ask for.
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 pm yeah gui is ugly as fk,
Really? I think it's rather nice looking, in a simple and basic sort of way :shrug:
Matter of taste i guess :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:20 pm i used it on synth tracks with on/off testing and to my taste track sit better in the mix compared to build synth reverbs.
It's definitely pretty hopeless for long, lush, modulated pad reverbs. At least I wouldn't reach for it for those.

It's particularly good for modern mix sounds, might be the best if you're after more dimension yet not being roomy at the same time.

I find it to be more on the transparent side and in-fact doesn't like when being overused/exaggerated. Helps the mix keep an overall flatter sound rather than aiming for warmth (which is why also suited for broadcast).

If you want nice color and a lot of warmth relab recently released lx480 essential, I'm a huge fan of the full version and for the price you can't go wrong with it.

Return to “Effects”