New ampsim from Muramasa: Electrum

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
3463 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 am

Worth checking out and quickly because there is a 90% discount until July... 5th? Something like that. It has some nice little features like input level analysis, built-in tuner, EQ matching, per-section presets...

https://unitedplugins.com/Electrum/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpnpfraXDw
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

KVRist
45 posts since 19 Apr, 2020 from EU, Czech Republic, Ostrava

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:23 am

I've got 20 coins after registration (with promotional e-mail allowed) so the Electrum was completely free in my case.

KVRAF
21108 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:40 am

No Slavic accent, otherwise I'd say Vojtech spoke himself on that product video... :shock: :-o
it's easily more than high enough over the top for that - beats even Steven Slate :lol:

but it certainly doesn't look bad at all for a Melda plugin. :tu:

KVRAF
4450 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 pm

filo01 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:23 am
I've got 20 coins after registration (with promotional e-mail allowed) so the Electrum was completely free in my case.
My credits (11) are not being accepted for some reason. When I apply them in cart it says they are applied but the price doesn't change. Anything I am missing or do I need to email them?

KVRAF
4134 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm

jens wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:40 am
No Slavic accent, otherwise I'd say Vojtech spoke himself on that product video... :shock: :-o
it's easily more than high enough over the top for that - beats even Steven Slate :lol:

but it certainly doesn't look bad at all for a Melda plugin. :tu:
UNited = melda? Isnt it only the framework

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Ploki wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm
UNited = melda? Isnt it only the framework
The website says it's just the licensing system.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

KVRAF
4450 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Clearly the video spot is tongue-in-cheek; did you see the notificaiton towards the start of the video. To your point: marketing BS and they know it!

I tried it out. I am using it with soft-instruments. Tried it with a the Tele and Strat from Acousticsamples and some synths. It's quiet excellent. Tends to generate some resonances but nothing Soothe2 can't clear out. Otherwise I think it sounds very good. When using with Strategy especially. I think it would be nice with a real guitar as well. I play guitar a bit but I don't have it set up with my DAW. For the intro price its a no-brainer. Also the GUI *is* fast and the workflow nice and the choice of flat or skeumorphic UI is a nice feature.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Ploki wrote:
Isnt it only the framework
I don't buy that for a second - how would that work? Every experienced coder who wants to join them must agree to abandom whatever IDE he/she is used to and henceforth use Vojtech's personal, highly idiosynctratic one instead? Why would that be a requirement to join United Plugins in the first place? And how many experienced audio DSP programmers would be willing to accept this and why would they? And most of them are Czech too (and from the same region)? Seriously? :lol:
Last edited by jens on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 pm

pough wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:26 pm
The website says it's just the licensing system.
Except it clearly isn't...

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:45 pm

jens wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 pm
Except it clearly isn't...
:shrug: I've never used a Melda plugin. I wouldn't be able to tell.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 pm

But how many plugins do you use or have tried which have their own cursor in general and such a hand / index finger in particular?

(not to mention these quite particular pop-up windows)

KVRAF
4134 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:21 pm

jens wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm
Ploki wrote:
Isnt it only the framework
I don't buy that for a second - how would that work? Every experienced coder who wants to join them must agree to abandom whatever IDE he/she is used to and henceforth use Vojtech's personal, highly idiosynctratic one instead? Why would that be a requirement to join United Plugins in the first place? And how many experienced audio DSP programmers would be willing to accept this and why would they? And most of them are Czech too (and from the same region)? Seriously? :lol:
well PA does that (everything under PA has their plugin framework and licensing system iirc)
jens wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 pm
But how many plugins do you use or have tried which have their own cursor in general and such a hand / index finger in particular?

(not to mention these quite particular pop-up windows)
Yeah that's why i said framework.

but united plugins are generally different than Melda. The morpher has more algos than you can pull from quick modes in MMorph.
Some are super-worse too, i.e. frontDAW i.e. aliases like hell. Also TurboAmp isnt even out yet, why eat into your own sales by releasing same product under different brand a bit prior?

KVRAF
6524 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Darkest Kent, UK

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Some devs have said a major part of support work is all the stuff around the DSP code so, just maybe, some are happy to use his framework in the same way devs use (eg) Juce instead of coding everything from scratch..?

Whatever, haven't tried it with a real guitar yet but it sounds very nice on virtual ones, doesn't feel like a random selection of effects but actually tuned to guitar use. Cohesive is the word I want.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Ploki wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:21 pm
well PA does that (everything under PA has their plugin framework and licensing system iirc)
No, there are partly big differences... e.g. UA plugins look and feel completely different to the BX plugins (i.e. most of the others) - only the licensing is shared amongst all their plugins.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:54 pm

wanted to correct a spelling error; hit quote instead of edit, as it happens these days... (pretty sure Ben himself believes he keeps improving the site)
Last edited by jens on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”