Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

My bad,sorry for inconvenience.
My spam folder take some of emails,not sure how to config it.
Officially apologize for the statement that developer do not respond.
One of most dedicated to his work developer i have ever spoke with.
Cheers :)

:?:
I's 2021 and people still don't check their spamfolder before complaining publicly ?

or just delete everything...shame :)
Cheers :)

All good - everything is sorted and everyone is happy :-)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killmaster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:41 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am We respond to every mail we get within 24 hours and within 48 hours during the weekend.
The email address for support is here: support[a t]tone2[dot ]com

Please note that we do not have a support forum on kvr.
You can find our support forum here:
https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=41.0
This is true in my experience :)! Got a very speedy reply and it looks like there's a good chance for MPE in a future update.
That's nice to hear. Would probably make me buy it. I was surprised that mpe was added to Icarus and not this one. Though I hope they look into fixing the mono behavior. The open source code of Surge should help there as it deals with mpe voicing perfectly (apparently it wasn't super straight forward).

Vortifex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:03 pm Tbh sometimes I forget my spam folder even exists.
I still glance through mine daily. I've found a couple of free VST/software upgrade offers that I might have had to pay for had I missed them.

Now, how they got put into my spam folder, I'll never know. Maybe anything with "free" in the title?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:36 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:03 pm Tbh sometimes I forget my spam folder even exists.
I still glance through mine daily. I've found a couple of free VST/software upgrade offers that I might have had to pay for had I missed them.

Now, how they got put into my spam folder, I'll never know. Maybe anything with "free" in the title?
Sometimes I used to miss checking the Spam folder , but thanks to Markus and Troels  being careful in recommending to check the Spam folder, it has become a 'time saver' safe routine now for me.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:38 pm Anyone finding this can be extremely clicky in mono mode? The usual trick of adjusting the attack doesn't seem to work.
Did you try a transient plugin?

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just tried checking that out and can see/hear what you mean.

The click is only audible with certain sounds and if you set the the number of voices to 1.
Please note that a completely click-free behavior is not always possible under all conditions with a synth with only one voice. You need to do tricks like using 2 voices and quickly fading out the first one (most other Tone2 synths do this).
I will check out if it is possible to enhance the behavior of the HCM-engine and 1-voice in the next update. The update will be available for free. I still don't know when it will be released, since other products currently have priority.

Workaround: Increase the number of voices.

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:29 pm The click is only audible with certain sounds and if you set the the number of voices to 1.
Please note that a completely click-free behavior is not always possible under all conditions with a synth with only one voice. You need to do tricks like using 2 voices and quickly fading out the first one (most other Tone2 synths do this).
I will check out if it is possible to enhance the behavior of the HCM-engine and 1-voice in the next update. The update will be available for free. I still don't know when it will be released, since other products currently have priority.

Are you saying all "mono" synths have inherent and unavoidable clicking? I'm not so sure I can agree...

- Mario

Thanks for looking into it :tu:

mabian wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:29 pm The click is only audible with certain sounds and if you set the the number of voices to 1.

Are you saying all "mono" synths have inherent and unavoidable clicking? I'm not so sure I can agree...

- Mario
Classic 'mono synth' have a static waveform like a saw or a square. They are not able to morph waveforms like Warlock

Return to “Instruments”