Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

But they are quick to tell you no license transfers.

a bit sluggish in big sur but it works. edit: actually it just hard crashed logic. bummer.

however, all other ohmforce plug in guis are totally borked in live/logic and every host i've tried. totally useless now on latest version of big sur.

they look like this.
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.02.36 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

06/10/21 : nothing......
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

sent them an email 6/10 via their support address. if i get a reply i'll post it here.

hoping they take a look at things eventually

06/10/21 : no response here either maybe they were overwhelmed by the 3 support requests :hihi:

Just a few more illustrations of cats and they’ll refocus their efforts on Ohmboyz Infinity. I’m sure of it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

got a reply to my email asking about the guis of old plug ins and ohmfinity. got what seems like standard response:
They don't all look like this: try Ohmboyz Infinity demo.
We're in the process of making a new generation of plugin that is future compliant on many level, from UI to features to indeed, Big Sur. This is the first and Ohmicide is in the pipeline. Stay tuned!
reminded him i have ohmfinity since early adopter offer. deleted/reinstalled ohmfinity. still doesn't pass the au eval tool in logic and even when trying to force it to be used as 'incompatible plug in' it doesn't work.

i sent a reply that is in a positive tone w/crash report etc.

not to beat a dead horse but...

so, the older plug ins actually work. process sound, i can change presets, they sound great. but can't adjust any parameters beyond that because the GUIs are scrambled. strange. sent an email asking about just fixing the guis on the old plug ins as everything else seems to work.. doubt i'll get a reply.

but it was nice to hear ohmicide and ohmboyz delay. they both really sound excellent. shame they're in such a state though.

ohmboyz Infinity still instantly crashes Live/Logic on big sur when instantiating it.

I’ve asked a refund. First steps, no problem. Refund : no news.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

as far as I know, Ohmforce are NOT the Ohmforce you used to know:
their main core/coders are gone from that label: Laurent de Soras, etc...
so anything could happen.

it's all such a bummer. there's so many awesome plug ins they could sort out w/graphics updates and whatever tweaks to make them work on bigsur that would add so much life to the line up.

ohmboyz infinity is just too sad. a really nice sounding processor with great modulation but it's just broken in bigsur and instantly completely crashes every host i've tried.

a shame they can't find the time to fix this stuff but found time to update the website. i'd like to think that in the background they're working on things but there's really no reason to think that anymore.

Current version appears to be built 07/05/21, not too shabby of them
Amazon: why not use an alternative

dayjob wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:23 pm ohmboyz infinity is just too sad. a really nice sounding processor with great modulation but it's just broken in bigsur and instantly completely crashes every host i've tried.

a shame they can't find the time to fix this stuff but found time to update the website. i'd like to think that in the background they're working on things but there's really no reason to think that anymore.
The GUI's display correctly here on Win 8.1 and Live 11, but they're almost unreadable because of their size (tiny). Hope they're working on them, but somehow I doubt it. I'm so glad I didn't bother getting in on Infinity. Sounds like a right PITA :x

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:46 pm Current version appears to be built 07/05/21, not too shabby of them
what's the version number? i just downloaded and reinstalled and nothing has changed. instant crash of Live, Logic. Won't pass AU eval in logic. all the other ohmforce plug ins pass au eval but the guis are mangled.

the version in my account at ohmforce is V 1.0 made december 14th 2020

wakax wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:53 am as far as I know, Ohmforce are NOT the Ohmforce you used to know:
their main core/coders are gone from that label: Laurent de Soras, etc...
so anything could happen.
Yeah, at this point "Ohmforce" basically just seems to be Grégory Makles (Red Force), who - I think - correct me if I am wrong - was more or less just the GUI desginer back in the day...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”