VST3 to VST2 adaptor update to v1.3.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, this adaptor/wrapper is mainly meant for hosts that don't support vst3 plugins such as Reason or Maschine.

v1.3.1:
- bugfix wrong identifier when more than one plugin is in factory
- bugfix if plugin is both fx and instrument

v1.3:
- programchange support
- vst programs show up if available
- bugfix on loading songs in some hosts
- midiout support
- plugins that are both fx and instrument are now supported

v1.2.1:
- bugfix uniqueID, both instrument and effect shells did share the same identifier which was causing problems with some hosts.

Note: Only download this version if you have problems to run both instruments and effect shells at the same time in your host. If you don't have these problems, stay at version v1.2, using v1.2.1 may break your projects if saved with an earlier version(not necessarily but it's possible).

v1.2:
- bugfix midiout

v1.1:

- IContextMenu implemented
- IMidiLearn implemented
- hostside midi learn(if the vst3 supports IContextMenu)
- bugfix, some vst3's did not load properly because of a stupid bug
- compiled with latest vstsdk3.71
- midi out support

https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell_v1.2.zip
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell_v1.2.1.zip
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell_v1.3.zip
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell_v1.3.1.zip
Last edited by polac on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:29 am, edited 10 times in total.

Thats for making this! It has proved very useful for me. Some DAW companies should just hire you to write their VST3 implementation.

Is there any chance of making a Mac version?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

polac wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:45 am What's new in version 1.1:

- IContextMenu implemented
- IMidiLearn implemented
- hostside midi learn(if the vst3 supports IContextMenu)
- bugfix, some vst3's did not load properly because of a stupid bug
- compiled with latest vstsdk3.71
- midi out support
there was a v3.7.2 SDK released end of March, if keen/useful...
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/vst-3-7- ... sed/708289
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

there was a v3.7.2 SDK released end of March, if keen/useful...
Ok then it's not the latest version :), btw i fixed a serious bug today, therefore if you downloaded it before it might good to redownload again.

polac wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:51 pm ... btw i fixed a serious bug today, therefore if you downloaded it before it might good to redownload again.
Thank you for this! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Hey, thanks for this awesome straightforward piece of software.

I have an issue in Maschine where the wrapper doesn't rescan any newly added vst3s.
I found a workaround where i delete the vst3shell.dll -> restart maschine -> add vst3shell.dll again -> restart maschine again to force the wrapper to rescan.

Is there any other way to force rescan?

Thanks for your time

this is super useful, thanks!!!

Thanks for making this :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

This is a really great and useful bit of software, thank you for making this. I was using it to convert the midi sequencer Stochas from vst3 to vst2, this was successful but I could not get any midi out of the converted file, do you know if midi out works in plugins that use it when opened with the wrapper? Any help appreciated!

I fixed a stupid midiout bug, it should work with Stochas now, at least it worked here. Must be drunk when coding this. ;)

Thanks so much for updating this, I know midi out is probably only a fringe case as most plugins won't require it, so I really appreciate the time spent on adding this feature to what is already one of the most useful utilities around! Gonna have lots of fun adding Stochas to my template (Usine Hollyhock just doesn't play nice with vst3 for some reason!). I can fully recommend anyone who hasn't yet tried Stochas sequencer to try it out too, another great free tool!

Wonder what Roland is doing with their vst3 plugins.
1 Instance of Zenology Pro or their other vst 3 only plugins work but add a second instance and i get a message saying "Failed to initialize" and Pooof Maschine dissapear and is impossible to shut down so a reboot is needed.

Could this be some kind of memory allocation error?

OMG, many many thanks! I do have Live 9 Standard & Reason 10, they both can't load vst 3.
Since they failed, until now I only use SO4 Pro for using those vst 3.

D-Fusion wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:38 am Wonder what Roland is doing with their vst3 plugins.
1 Instance of Zenology Pro or their other vst 3 only plugins work but add a second instance and i get a message saying "Failed to initialize" and Pooof Maschine dissapear and is impossible to shut down so a reboot is needed.

Could this be some kind of memory allocation error?
Yes I know there were issues with Roland plugins. I have to say i don't know what is happening here. Also cannot install and test Roland Cloud stuff anymore, installing/deinstalling Zenology somehow messed up my system. :neutral:

hey there! trying to get this working within reason 11 and the vsti loads (vst3 dll crashes, on both versions it seems), but when loading the vsti i cant open any gui, i've never tried to use a wrapper/adapter so would you be able to tell what im doing wrong here?
Thanks for making this!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”