Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Thanks Brian.

Can we get Roland Cloud to be able to midi learn our synths/ midi controllers for our our (previous/next) selections while browsing patches, like arturias analog lab, or omnisphere. There was a conversation on facebook, a few months ago.

The list of presets is staggering and owning the roland hardware doesnt even allow for this while in zen core. This would be a tremendous help.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I would love VST 2 versions of Roland Cloud plugins to be able to use them in Reason

dfraze wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:39 pm I would love VST 2 versions of Roland Cloud plugins to be able to use them in Reason
unless these were removed recently, VST 2 versions are installed, as well as VST 3 versions. i've used them in Reason many times.

I'm trying to use Zenology in Reason, but it does not appear in the plugin list

dfraze wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:51 pm I'm trying to use Zenology in Reason, but it does not appear in the plugin list
That's because Zenology is VST3 ONLY, and Reason only supports VST2.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:09 pm
dfraze wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:51 pm I'm trying to use Zenology in Reason, but it does not appear in the plugin list
That's because Zenology is VST3 ONLY, and Reason only supports VST2.
But you can play VST3 inside Reason by using a host plugin like Patchwork, Unify and a few others. I think someone on one of the threads mentioned another cheaper one, but I didn't catch the name of it.
reason and zenology.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

whoops, forgot to mention that Zenology and the the 606 are VST3 only. I guess al new VSTs will be VST3 only due to the Steinberg crackdown.

I'd like the zoom to work the same way as it does in the D-50 plugin for any of the others. For instance, the XV-5080 just has selectable sizes to choose from such as 100%, 125% etc., but in the D-50 plugin you click Zoom from the menu and then adjust it how you'd like anywhere in-between: 166%? No problem.

Did the D-50 always have that feature or was it added recently and I just never noticed until now?
XV5080.jpg
D50.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Examigan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 am I'd like the zoom to work the same way as it does in the D-50 plugin for any of the others. For instance, the XV-5080 just has selectable sizes to choose from such as 100%, 125% etc., but in the D-50 plugin you click Zoom from the menu and then adjust it how you'd like anywhere in-between: 166%? No problem.

Did the D-50 always have that feature or was it added recently and I just never noticed until now?

XV5080.jpg

D50.jpg
if i recall correctly, a couple of the other plugs are set up to zoom that way (can't remember right now which one(s)). I agree, I wish they were all done like that.

If the lifetime 1 or 2 key offer shows up again, I'm in for a year sub. Hint hint Roland! :)

What would happen in the following scenario?:
Suppose that you have a lifetime key for a synth, and you then create a new patch bank and fill it with modified versions of patches from the Roland Cloud banks. You then decide to cancel your subscription.
Would you still be able to access the patches in the bank you created?

cleverr1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:21 pm What would happen in the following scenario?:
Suppose that you have a lifetime key for a synth, and you then create a new patch bank and fill it with modified versions of patches from the Roland Cloud banks. You then decide to cancel your subscription.
Would you still be able to access the patches in the bank you created?
My guess is they’d all still work as you don’t have to buy preset banks (AFAIK there’s not even a way to buy preset banks) once you own a lifetime instrument, you get whatever gets added to RC for that instrument.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:39 pm My guess is they’d all still work as you don’t have to buy preset banks (AFAIK there’s not even a way to buy preset banks) once you own a lifetime instrument, you get whatever gets added to RC for that instrument.
That was also what I expected until I recently noticed in the RCM that you have the opportunity to buy lifetime keys for banks mostly at $19.99.

So I think my question is about where the protection is. Fine if it's at bank level, but if every patch within that bank is tagged as copyright and you've created something which started with a commercial patch would it be lost when the subscription is cancelled?

cleverr1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:56 pm I recently noticed in the RCM that you have the opportunity to buy lifetime keys for banks mostly at $19.99.
Hadn’t seen that, they’re really not worth it. I love the synths, but find the presets pretty much unusable.

Are you safe?

Return to “Instruments”