Voxengo Colour Schemes Repository..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. These are outstanding.
2. Thank you for collecting, curating, and updating them.
3. Be honest (all of you), if Voxengo had FAB Filter's GUI designers and artists -- would the number of licenses they sell grow 2x, 3x, or 10x more than they sell currently?

I think if five years they would be 8x the numbers they do presently. But telling Aleskey that is like telling a mother her baby is ugly.

Meanwhile, various vendors make average to horrible sounding plug-ins but they have a pretty GUI so everyone buys them.

BigHeadTodd wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:27 pm
3. Be honest (all of you), if Voxengo had FAB Filter's GUI designers and artists -- would the number of licenses they sell grow 2x, 3x, or 10x more than they sell currently?
Maybe the number would grow a lot. But I would not consider Fabfilter's GUIs to be really great examples of design. I would, for example, rate the Toneboosters ones much higher. In fact, with a decent, more consistent color scheme, I would prefer the Voxengo design to Fabilter's. But that is, of course, highly subjective.

Would they sell better if they looked different? Maybe. But I love how non-distracting Voxengo plugins are visually.

Also Aleksey will freely admit that you don't need to worry about him as he has more money than he ever needs :hihi:

"Meanwhile, various vendors make average to horrible sounding plug-ins but they have a pretty GUI so everyone buys them."

I feel like this describes a good chunk of Plugin Alliance.

There's a "crack in the matrix". SPAN is ultra-popular, for a plug-in, and has the same GUI. Besides, as I've posted on KVR somewhere before, I don't really need more money for the foreseeable future. I'm not poor.

I'm thinking, maybe American way of doing business always plays Parker Brother's Monopoly in their mind, so it's kinda OK to grab everything around them. There's a lot of cultures that do not fit Monopoly.

I love the Voxengo GUIs and have never had a problem with them. I don't get the GUI hate at all.

AKJ wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:30 am
Maybe the number would grow a lot. But I would not consider Fabfilter's GUIs to be really great examples of design. I would, for example, rate the Toneboosters ones much higher. In fact, with a decent, more consistent color scheme, I would prefer the Voxengo design to Fabilter's. But that is, of course, highly subjective.
funny i like both Fab and Voxengo, but TB doesn't really gel with me.
I'd prefer if Fab had simple colour change for the GUI - tho generally i don't mind.
Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 am
I'm thinking, maybe American way of doing business always plays Parker Brother's Monopoly in their mind, so it's kinda OK to grab everything around them. There's a lot of cultures that do not fit Monopoly.
I have your quote from GS about money accumulating with no purpose saved somewhere, it's so refreshing

That's the reason why I love Voxengo GUIs. I understand that the lack of wooden end cheeks, futuristic graphics and flashy lights may bother some people, but personally speaking, I do not want my plugins to look like a Christmas tree.

As a premium member, i love the 'classic' GUI but i dislike the one with pedal picture, i d really like to have a version without the picture.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

jonalyn wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:40 am As a premium member, i love the 'classic' GUI but i dislike the one with pedal picture, i d really like to have a version without the picture.
Sure, that will be changed in a further update. Had several requests already, will be changed to a usual CRTIV level meter.

Both wooden panels and photos of pedals were an attempt to "enliven" interfaces a bit, but I guess professional interface is a professional interface, not a christmas tree as was pointed out, at least to Voxengo users. Wrong attempt on my side.

very good new :)
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Ploki wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:27 am I have your quote from GS about money accumulating with no purpose saved somewhere, it's so refreshing
Well, I live and work in Russia, not "somewhere".

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:58 am
Ploki wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:27 am I have your quote from GS about money accumulating with no purpose saved somewhere, it's so refreshing
Well, I live and work in Russia, not "somewhere".
oh no, "somewhere" referred to the place where i have that quote saved. Somewhere on my computer. :)

AKJ wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:30 am
BigHeadTodd wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:27 pm
I second that. Toneboosters are for me reference GUI design. They're not perfect, but as close to perfect as I've seen, especially the subtle color schemes. Voxengo's GUIs are very good (better than FF which is just eye-candy) - highly customizable, scalable, functional and well thought through. If I had anything to dislike it's these two things: awkward color schemes and style stuck somewhere between skeuomorphism and vector graphics that don't integrate so well. IMHO, it needs to go slightly more in vector/flat direction, with simpler knobs and less gradients, shadows, embossing, glowing etc (ones that can't be disabled fully). Also, it would improve with one really "professional" color scheme, i.e. dark gray backgrounds + vibrant primary accent colors used sparingly for important elements.

But, I like them anyway and Voxengo is my favorite plugin developer along Toneboosters.

I love the GUIs they remind me of the meters on my ghetto blaster from my breakdancing days. My only minor gripe is the preset management (and that is not all of them). Would love just to be able to cycle presets easily…..unless I am missing a way to do that?

I don't like the default (Grey) Voxengo's GUI, but the Black one is truly a beauty to behold. I don't see any need for Voxengo to change its GUI and interface. It's one of the best around.

Return to “Effects”