DSPplug Omega Width: One of the best now available for $4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, the really interesting part is, until My stereo width was released you could not possibly use stereo width to remaster, while respecting the creator's vision prior.

For instance; if I was to remix a Beatle's track with hard pan left or right for a given sound with the regular stereo width, it would make the dual mono into interleaved - or "summed" stereo, mixing content of the left and right to a large extent. Sadly though, My math does use the original math and merely adds some math to prevent the volume levels from superseding the original.

I know that, eventually I will have to create My own math to do the same thing, to fully replace that feature imposed on truly split stereo.
kingozrecords wrote:And yes, interleaved does mean intermixed, it refers to the fact that on a storage medium "tape" or "record" for example there would be two channels or one. That definition became the terminology to define whether or not an audio signal was "summed" to one part, even if to a degree. It was especially relevant in the earliest storage mediums such as wax where the phenomenon would have been unavoidable and stereo was unrealistic.
Big News though. I added installers that will allow multiple install locales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEwQNdgo1Vc

They're coded with a rather fast assembly code technology called MASM though, so avoid pressing the installer buttons too fast if you have AV on, because antivirus rushes to scan everything you're doing. Should you be, you might crash the installer. I let the program author know of that bug.

kingozrecords wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pmadly though, My math does use the original math and merely adds some math

I know that, eventually I will have to create My own math to do the same thing
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Where's the trial version?

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:25 pm
kingozrecords wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pmadly though, My math does use the original math and merely adds some math

FREE CTHULHU

kingozrecords wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm Sadly though, My math does use the original math and merely adds some math to prevent the volume levels from superseding the original.

I know that, eventually I will have to create My own math to do the same thing, to fully replace that feature imposed on truly split stereo.
That's nice. Maths are nice to have.

Education is good, but playing guitar is just more importanter.

Mind Riot wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:03 pm
kingozrecords wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm Sadly though, My math does use the original math and merely adds some math to prevent the volume levels from superseding the original.

I wouldn‘t take effort to develop own math. Rather I‘d go to ebay and look for a good one. But time‘s changed. Good math is hard to get in these days. So you have to go to darknet anyway. Or you have a good math dealer, but then you also never know exactly what you get…

SamDi wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 am
Mind Riot wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:03 pm

I wouldn‘t take effort to develop own math. Rather I‘d go to ebay and look for a good one. But time‘s changed. Good math is hard to get in these days. So you have to go to darknet anyway. Or you have a good math dealer, but then you also never know exactly what you get…
look for the blue stuff that witgenstein makes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 am
SamDi wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 am I wouldn‘t take effort to develop own math. Rather I‘d go to ebay and look for a good one. But time‘s changed. Good math is hard to get in these days. So you have to go to darknet anyway. Or you have a good math dealer, but then you also never know exactly what you get…
look for the blue stuff that witgenstein makes.
It's tricky since you can never be sure about the stuff. You can still find some of the real stuff that he made before he died if you know the right people, but these days a bunch of his friends are pushing product they claim is his, and it looks okay, but it's hard to know who to trust...

MrBeagleton wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:41 pm Where's the trial version?
I can make a trial version. I will get that ready and release it promptly. I apologize for the lapse in responding to you. I had missed your posting amidst some references to math and memes.

Here's a piece of the description on the KVR shop page:
This plug-in is really overbearing and will attempt to not only affect width in an overbearing way but it will also use auto makeup to enforce that the volume stays vanilla, like before you employed stereo width.
Can you further explain this statement? How is this truly new and different? So you can hard pan without the volume reduction in mono? I don't get it - that's impossible. For $4 maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt and test it for the sake of curiosity. If it's just a stereo comb filter though.....

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 am look for the blue stuff that witgenstein makes.
Wittgenstein was a beery swine :wink:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:02 am Here's a piece of the description on the KVR shop page:
This plug-in is really overbearing and will attempt to not only affect width in an overbearing way but it will also use auto makeup to enforce that the volume stays vanilla, like before you employed stereo width.
Can you further explain this statement? How is this truly new and different? So you can hard pan without the volume reduction in mono? I don't get it - that's impossible. For $4 maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt and test it for the sake of curiosity. If it's just a stereo comb filter though.....
I fully understand. I am very different as a mathematician because I do not apply the normal procedures.

Often, there are methods like a comb filter applied for instance to decide a tilt from left to right, being that it is a trick to lessen the effect of mids and bass.

That is what a comb filter does, but the way it was first designed was with summed L+R, or in other words mono. So, with that knowledge in mind you and I both realize, why in the heck was someone using a comb filter to do that.

The answer is plain, it's merely a way to avoid harmonic distortion from causing too much phase cancellation when making a technique like H. Lauridsen's mono to stereo (thankyou to a good friend Spogg for making this clear.).

So, to be clear this is not a mono to stereo to effect so it would not require a comb filter, and instead what it is doing is making sure that phase cancellation can exist when you have selected split stereo (+1) and that true mono will exist when specifying mono.

Why do I say true mono? It is because that regardless of what the math is supposed to do, there are effects which can be applied like pan which veto the effect of the math commonly applied for stereo width. So, even if you did that you might see levels for L & R like this:

Code: Select all

:::
:::  :::
L     R
And yet, they should be the same. The problem is that the math is not object orientated. That means that the math does not consider the given volume also at any given of the original signal as well as the total after the math is applied.

Why I call this unruly however, is the understanding that such an idea is basically fake gain; and it's only a subtractive way that this effect is comfortable for things with legato like vocals which have a certain complexity. Anything beyond a seemingly natural flow of volume becomes dissonance after-all.

It's an imperfect solution, a humble; even incomplete offering but in a bind I feel it will be very helpful for an audio engineer.

Take this into account for instance ( a scenario)

You're using haas and mono to define what is at the forefront and what is at the background. And well, it is only what is in the background that will be to one side or the other. So with this in mind, how is the conventional stereo width helping? Mono in this case would be what is the closest and most intimate (and even if using split stereo a correlation of +0.4, if still at a distance from the theoretical "Master" microphone).

It's really only through the eyes of an audio engineer employing the exact science who begins to realize that the technologies that we use day to day have limitations. My math for instance would greatly benefit from a less clunky; more perfected auto-makeup which would be seemingly natural after the fact.

Though I'm close; I'm not 100% satisfied and there's room for improvement. I'm merely trying to improve the science so we as Audio Engineers and Mix Engineers can move forward, and our centering and balancing workflow is more straightforward.

I've felt passionate about being part of the solution constructively for a long time. One of My other goals is to use LUFs to gauge volume above the ceiling of 0 dBFS by way of keep-alive and decay. With those factors it's reasonable to assume that using a measurement of loudness, that one could create a dynamic measurement with which the mathematics of dBSPL can be applied. "But" only assuming that the measurement of time where the volume is over 0 can also be measured. After being limited; it would be less possible to accurately gauge without very intuitive mathematics used to predict and analyze the algorithm.

========
Mind Riot wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:58 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:25 pm

FREE CTHULHU
The people have spoken. The overlords may yet recant.

Can I have up and see if it becomes.

Let the children be popular.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

The problem is that the math is not object orientated.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=object+orient ... ave&ia=web

Return to “Effects”