Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

canadian_moose wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:17 pm If the lifetime 1 or 2 key offer shows up again, I'm in for a year sub. Hint hint Roland! :)
That was a good deal. I chose the $99 for 1 year of Pro, plus the D-50 lifetime key. Normally I think the D-50 plugin is $149.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:11 pm Hadn’t seen that, they’re really not worth it. I love the synths, but find the presets pretty much unusable.
I agree, especially when it's something simple like a Juno. I've got 4 lifetime keys so I'm considering an "exit strategy" :)

In case nobody's gone through this I've also submitted a support ticket. If it turns out that you can't use patches created from modified commercial presets then I'll just screenshot and re-create them from scratch as there are few enough I'd want to keep.

cleverr1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:21 pm What would happen in the following scenario?:
Suppose that you have a lifetime key for a synth, and you then create a new patch bank and fill it with modified versions of patches from the Roland Cloud banks. You then decide to cancel your subscription.
Would you still be able to access the patches in the bank you created?
yes, any downloaded banks will also still work, you just wont be able to re-download them from RCM

I couldn’t care less about getting more presets. I don’t need 1,000 soft synth pads. Roland needs to spend its resources on making RCM work.

I think presets are important for some users who want that retro sound.

Some of the Roland soft synths are quite complex to create presets for, especially the ones with 4 partials, with every partial being essentially a separate synth.

But yeah, they focus heavily on creating presets and sounds, as are many of the other developers, especially the larger ones, with a lot of users to market to.

at this point, the only two things I'm personally interested in from Roland Cloud are an authentic JD990 synth and an authentic V-Synth. These two are the Roland hardware I once owned and I'd love to have it in my computer. Everything else, like the JV1080, has already been done and there's loads of Roland analog polysynth plugins from just about every plugin developer.

Shiek927 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:34 am at this point, the only two things I'm personally interested in from Roland Cloud are an authentic JD990 synth and an authentic V-Synth. These two are the Roland hardware I once owned and I'd love to have it in my computer. Everything else, like the JV1080, has already been done and there's loads of Roland analog polysynth plugins from just about every plugin developer.
Hey, Shiek927! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I usually sweep all of our socials and compile these instrument requests for a report that we submit every week. I'll add the JD-990 and the V-Synth to our request list. Thanks! :)

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:34 am at this point, the only two things I'm personally interested in from Roland Cloud are an authentic JD990 synth and an authentic V-Synth. These two are the Roland hardware I once owned and I'd love to have it in my computer. Everything else, like the JV1080, has already been done and there's loads of Roland analog polysynth plugins from just about every plugin developer.
Hey, Shiek927! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I usually sweep all of our socials and compile these instrument requests for a report that we submit every week. I'll add the JD-990 and the V-Synth to our request list. Thanks! :)
Ohhh trust that it's been added to the list a bunch of times by now hahaha, but thanks!

Hey Brian!
VP-770!
R-70 with the positional pad!

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Ohhh trust that it's been added to the list a bunch of times by now hahaha, but thanks!
Ha, it has, Shiek927! But that's how we track demand over time. I check in with all of the forums, boards, and social channels every week to see what people are saying, and what they'd like to see. Tracking that input has helped us implement some changes that members have been requesting for a bit, which helps make a better platform for everyone, so thanks for letting us know!
BBFG# wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:59 pm Hey Brian!
VP-770!
R-70 with the positional pad!
You got it, BBFG#! Your request went in on the report on 7/6. Thanks!

hi guys i didnt check roland cloud lately, is there still not much happening? :( jd 990....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No, but there is a free trial during July for the XV-5080. I already have that one, but it's great for people who are thinking of buying a lifetime key (or Ultimate membership) as they can demo it for a few weeks.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am No, but there is a free trial during July for the XV-5080. I already have that one, but it's great for people who are thinking of buying a lifetime key (or Ultimate membership) as they can demo it for a few weeks.
thx, i purchased 1 year beginning this year, i think i should choose 8 keys or 6 lifetime keys now. if this year doesnt happen much i might cancel then :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am No, but there is a free trial during July for the XV-5080. I already have that one, but it's great for people who are thinking of buying a lifetime key (or Ultimate membership) as they can demo it for a few weeks.
thx, i purchased 1 year beginning this year, i think i should choose 8 keys or 6 lifetime keys now. if this year doesnt happen much i might cancel then :/
Hi, Caine123! The Test Drive promotion allows members to demo an instrument for free every month. We'll be rotating new instruments in and out with bonus content. It sounds like you may be referring to a Loyalty Program issue. Here's some info on our previous promotions. I'll reach out to assist with your account. Thanks! 😊

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/loyalty-program-update

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:10 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am
Hi, Caine123! The Test Drive promotion allows members to demo an instrument for free every month. We'll be rotating new instruments in and out with bonus content. It sounds like you may be referring to a Loyalty Program issue. Here's some info on our previous promotions. I'll reach out to assist with your account. Thanks! 😊

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/loyalty-program-update
Hi Brian, Any chance of promotions soon? I'm only interested in the 909. What's the best route for that?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Instruments”