Relab LX480L essential - my latest reverb addiction

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thing sounds soo...:love: Great price, nice controls, great GUI, instant win.

I compared this against VVV (large room preset I think), same parameters in both. The LX was a tad brighter in my unscientific test.

Overall I can probably get the VVV to sound like the LX but that's besides the point.
It'll probably be my new go-to, for the simplicity of the controls. It's so easy to dial in a great sound quickly.

The one drawback is the ambience mode seems to sound like some sort of a delay (i.e. it repeats the reverb itself, almost like a delay). I wish I could change this. I've gotten around it with a gate. But other than this, I'm pretty happy with this little gem. Grab it while you can!

Disclaimer: I'm not endorsed/affiliated/compensated by Relab or any such company by any means, directly or indirectly. My opinions are my own as a musician/customer.
Last edited by keyman_sam on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

another paid customer

D.K Envelope wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:53 pm another paid customer
Nope, just a happy customer. :)

keyman_sam wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 am
I think you read too much into his comment. I think he's saying he has bought it as well.

Anyways it's a fantastic plug. Very easy to use and sounds great! Only real complaint is it doesn't scale properly on a 4k monitor but still usable.

rageix wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 am
I think you read too much into his comment. I think he's saying he has bought it as well.

Anyways it's a fantastic plug. Very easy to use and sounds great! Only real complaint is it doesn't scale properly on a 4k monitor but still usable.
Ah, the word "paid" threw me off. Since by default aren't we paid customers? :D Unless... :evil:

Well, Relab gave copies of Essentials free to Relab customers for a short time, so some of us *are* unpaid Essentials customers… :tu:

It’s a great plugin though, and is a steal at the current offer price, and Relab are good folk…

Didn't sound like it...

what's the CPU hit like?

I also got Essentials for free, but haven't spent very much time with it yet. Since it's the stripped down version of Relab LX 480 Complete, I guess there's no need to talk about the quality ;)
I hardly use VVV anymore but it sounds much more colorful and with more modulation.

sqigls wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:14 am what's the CPU hit like?
Not bad. 3% on a current gen AMD Ryzen 5800X.

Compared to some others:
  • Blackhole: 1-2%
  • Pro-R: 2%
  • Valhalla Vintage Verb: < 1%

Has anyone here done a comparison with the real thing? I mean essential vs. hardware LX480L.

Essentials is the exact same engine as their LX480 Complete - it's basically more or less 1:1 with the real thing - they are reverb emulation freaknerds! I'm sure there are Relab 480 vs hardware comparison videos if you look around...

They also have the TC6000 emulation coming soon, and they have a Quantec Room Simulator coming somewhere down the pipe too...

I thought about getting it for that price, but then, I have NI RC 48, and Exponential Audio R2, so, I guess I'm pretty much set for that sound.

Is Relab still VST2.4?

You mean he meant "paying" when he wrote "paid"?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”