Steinberg SpectraLayers 8 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SpectraLayers 10 Elements SpectraLayers Pro SpectraLayers Pro 8

as the title already says, but i shall repeat; SpectraLayers 8 has been released, with a 20% discount on 'all versions', new, update/upgrade (also crossgrade?? can't see it yet).

on the forum, when in the UK, you do not see the discount yet, it is also strangely positioned, in the store it isn't 'implemented' yet; go to the bottom of this page, and via those links it works.

EDIT: you may not see the discount yet, but add to basket will show the discount.

https://new.steinberg.net/spectralayers/

and yes, i bought it immediately... the update (from Pro 7)...

so perhaps not for all countries, the discount is visible, yet.

but

'a 20% introductory discount on all versions until July 14, 2021'

is mentioned in the email.

Crossgrade from Adobe Audition and RX is 159,20 €.
Well, even full price is cheaper than my update "offer" from RX to RX Advanced :D
For me, Spectralayers is becoming more and more interesting as RX alternative.

pixel85 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:41 pm Crossgrade from Adobe Audition and RX is 159,20 €.
Well, even full price is cheaper than my update "offer" from RX to RX Advanced :D
For me, Spectralayers is becoming more and more interesting as RX alternative.
nice crossgrade pricing...

they seem to advance to RX Advanced, without compromising the origins, the approach of SpectraLayers 7. but indeed, they position it more and more as (also) a post-production tool like RX Advanced.

for me it is more a sounddesign tool, or mostly, but these extra's i can use, for mangling, or even for real post-production, sometimes not strange to use even how strange my samples/recordings are. cleaner versions give different results...

so it is tool for sounddesign, music production, post-production & repair, as stated on the steinberg site. but they are right.

it will make me use it also more in Cubase Pro 11, for example.

and there will come an update for 8, for better wavelab integration, which for me is also a ++

So what is new since v7?

cnt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:05 pm So what is new since v7?
a nice page, with some highlights, AI stuff. but interesting things are also in the details, at the bottom. a lot of enhancements all over the place...

https://new.steinberg.net/spectralayers/new-features/

Yes, SL looks like it's still designed more for sound design, but I'm pretty sure at some point they will add enough features to make RX replacement totally smooth. As RX serves me to cleaning and fixing Foley and other recordings, for now, I'm fine even with RX Standard. But I'll keep an eye on SL, especially that I'm a Cubase user, so it's kinda hard to avoid it ;)

Oh, and it has VST3 support while RX hasn't. No need to install VST2 anymore, just for RX, yay! :D

very fair upgrade price

pixel85 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:29 pm Yes, SL looks like it's still designed more for sound design, but I'm pretty sure at some point they will add enough features to make RX replacement totally smooth. As RX serves me to cleaning and fixing Foley and other recordings, for now, I'm fine even with RX Standard. But I'll keep an eye on SL, especially that I'm a Cubase user, so it's kinda hard to avoid it ;)

Oh, and it has VST3 support while RX hasn't. No need to install VST2 anymore, just for RX, yay! :D
Spectralayers works as an ARA2 extension in Cubase.... i guess the best in 11, i don't know, i have Pro 11... so... it is tightly integrated..
o you mean, VST3 support of plugins within SpectraLayers :dog:
o well... only VST3 support by the way, but now NI also goes VST3, well most can be used...

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:46 pm Spectralayers works as an ARA2 extension in Cubase...
Only in Cubase?
Will SL8 also work in other DAW's with ARA integration?
Such as in Studio One and Reaper?

How is it? Is unmix stems any better? Any bugs? I qualify for the grace period.
I love 7.Much easier to use in cubase than RX8 standard.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:46 pm Spectralayers works as an ARA2 extension in Cubase...
Only in Cubase?
Will SL8 also work in other DAW's with ARA integration?
Such as in Studio One and Reaper?
In S1 it works as an audio event effect: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35615
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hmm.. no trial/demo available?

cnt wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 am Hmm.. no trial/demo available?
most of the times, or always, they are avialable at a later time.

My install totally f**ked up - says I have 8Pro all the way through the process until I actually open the software and ... I now have Spectralayers One.

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:09 am My install totally f**ked up - says I have 8Pro all the way through the process until I actually open the software and ... I now have Spectralayers One.
did you use the download code in steinberg download assistent? then it will automatically, almost, yes auto, register it to your eLicenser (dongle).

also, removing the last install of One, or 7 or 6, is recommended, by me..., because then also cubase, if you have cubase, or any other ARA2 capable DAW/host, will get the right one..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”