Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:11 pm
dstep404 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:51 pm
StuSmith wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:41 pm
gondii wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:31 pm Any estimate on when we can expect version 2? Is it right around the corner or still some ways away? can’t watch the video at the moment.
Depends on how far away the corner is! :)

No solid release date yet. Currently in beta phase with a fair bit of work to do so it's not exactly imminent.
Any chance it will be NKS ready? Love phase plant, but this is a big reason I don’t get as much use out of it as I would, otherwise.
There is an unofficial NKS version

https://www.reddit.com/r/phaseplant/com ... y_presets/
Thank you! I assume it would work with maschine as well?

Yes but you would lose the ability to use aftertouch

Our Squashy Squelchy Sale is NOW ON!

Sculpt and shape your sounds with 50% off Disperser, Dynamics, Compressor, and Comb Filter (VST/AU/AAX/Snapin).

Shop: https://kilohearts.com/shop

Expires July 5th, midnight CET.

Looking back at the thread collated feature requests- any of this stuff included in V2?

Modulator naming/grouping (same as generators) -ADDED?!
Slower rise times on modulators (or perhaps a function generator?) - ADDED ON LFO to 0Hz?!
Modulation overview page/view? Shows connections (dotted lines) and min max + 36 DAW mod slots
More reverb types (convolution, spring etc), the current reverb is very basic and reverb is the one effect that ends up colouring almost every patch. Noted a "Convolver" in FX list?!

No mention of-
Dedicated sequencing/arp
Separate modulation destinations for 'semi' and 'cents'
Quantiser

Looking forward to haring/seeing more about V2- more leaks please!
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My feture request for next version.

1. Keybord level scaling modulator. Why no one complaints about lacking this? Normaly, "audio rate modulation" change timbers very drastic octave to octave. Adjusting level is must have function.

2. Multi segment envelope. FM makes sound expression by depth of modulation. To control these expression along the time axies, everyone may want to use MSEG.

3. Keybord rate scaling modulator, especially for attack time.

4. Random modulater for all envelope speeds. For more analoguish taste.

5. "Wide Range Mode" for LFO. It widen LFO freq range 0.01Hz to 100Hz, but loose some precision of control.

6. Good resonator like Plasmotic's one.

7. Snap Heap & Multipass can recieve modulation from main modulation section, not from it's own envelope/lfo.

hm, it appears the new filters can still not be added in the generator section?

NoriSato wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:38 am My feture request for next version.

1. Keybord level scaling modulator. Why no one complaints about lacking this? Normaly, "audio rate modulation" change timbers very drastic octave to octave. Adjusting level is must have function.

2. Multi segment envelope. FM makes sound expression by depth of modulation. To control these expression along the time axies, everyone may want to use MSEG.

5. "Wide Range Mode" for LFO. It widen LFO freq range 0.01Hz to 100Hz, but loose some precision of control.

7. Snap Heap & Multipass can recieve modulation from main modulation section, not from it's own envelope/lfo.
I think some of the things you are asking for are already implemented.

1. you can modulate modulation amounts like that by routing a note modulator to the modulation amount as a modulation target. The modulation-modulation target appears as a star underneath the pre-existing modulation.

3., 4. You can route a velocity or random modulator to the attack times/etc. of other modulators or oscillator envelopes.

7. Right now, you can modulate the macros of multipass/snap heap from Phase Plant, but I believe they are working on a different solution.

For the rest, they have mentioned they are working on it.
gondii wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm hm, it appears the new filters can still not be added in the generator section?
That is something that isn’t planned for the next update, but it is likely to come at some point soon?ish, they’ve mentioned it’s something they’d like to do.

Edit: never mind

E_Anderson wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:56 am
NoriSato wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:38 am My feture request for next version.

I think some of the things you are asking for are already implemented.

1. you can modulate modulation amounts like that by routing a note modulator to the modulation amount as a modulation target. The modulation-modulation target appears as a star underneath the pre-existing modulation.

3., 4. You can route a velocity or random modulator to the attack times/etc. of other modulators or oscillator envelopes.

7. Right now, you can modulate the macros of multipass/snap heap from Phase Plant, but I believe they are working on a different solution.

For the rest, they have mentioned they are working on it.
gondii wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm hm, it appears the new filters can still not be added in the generator section?
That is something that isn’t planned for the next update, but it is likely to come at some point soon?ish, they’ve mentioned it’s something they’d like to do.

1. Keyboard level scaler.

I knew note modulator and modulate-modulator in PP. But keybord level scaling is far more than that. I want to set FM amount 1.0 between C3-C5, higher than C5 it should be decreased to 0.1 toward C6, then higher than C6, it shoud stay at 0.1. Same for low end but more mild curve rate. Lower than C3, it decrease to 0.5 toward C2, lower than C2 it should stay at 0.5.

Main problem of note modulator is that it constantly increase value. Even indicator shows -1.0 - 1.0 range, its value increased to 1.1, 1.2.... beyond range setting. So to set some value stays after specified note, I must use MIN/MAX module.

NOTE Modulator: Inverted, Center=A-3, Range=12
MAX Modulator: Input-A: From NOTE 1.0, dial=0.0
Input-B: From none, dial=0.2
MIN Modulator: Input-A: From MAX 1.0, dial=0.0
Input-B: From none, dial=1.0
Multiply Mod: Input-A: From ENV 1.0, dial=0.0
Input-B: From MIN 1.0, dial=0.0
Static Multiplier: x1
Any FM Amount: Value: any
Star: MULTIPLY mod 100%

With above setting, ENV can modify FM amount 100% at lowend-C4, and higher than C4 it start to decrease, at C5, its value almost 20% (0.2) and stay there in higher range. It's sooooo complicate, isn't it?

Adding lower part decreasing is repeating above process. But it interfare to upper range setting and I cant set both parameter simaltainiously. Adding this, NOTE modulator's range parameter can not set smaller than 12, so I can not set narrow-than-octave decrease range. Over all, current NOTE module can not use for proper keyboard level scaling.

Even old good DX7 have more good level scaler. It can set break point in any note, and can choose five inc/dec pattern (+Exp, +Lin, Stay, -Lin, -Exp) for both lower part and higher part. Old Matrix-12 has good analog FM feature, and it has five point tracking generator for level scaling.

In Current vsts, Arturia DX7V has very sophiscated level scaler for each operator (in modern mode). It's almost like Multi Segment Envelope along keybord range. Zebra2 has Mapper module which indicate pressed key note in real time, Falcon2 can adjust "Linear Key Follow" modulator thgrou 127 step mapper.

FMed sound is very sensitive in FM amount, and it change drasticaly note to note. Especialy in higher range, it easily brake the scale. So scaling in each keyboard range is very important. Many FM synth payed attention at the level scaling. Xils Kaox, Tracktion F'em.., because it is one of key feature.

But current version of PP can not handle appropriate keyboard level scaling. As "king of audio rate modulation synth", it is shame only having simple NOTE modulater.

3. Keyboard rate scaling

The problem is same to level scaling. NOTE modulator is too primitive. Some mapper/tracking function should be introduced.

4. Random attack

If you apply random modulator to only attack time, it sound a bit strange in slow-atack note. Avoid this, you shoud adjust attack curve at the same time. But as it is "random", adjusting two modulation amount properly is difficult and pain. More good solution can find in U-He Hive2. It's Shaper module can set multiple curve setting and apply them randomly.

7. Multi-pass and Snap-heap

Ah, thank you. I missed macro parameter. It should be grate help, I think.

Our Flip and Slide Sale is NOW ON! ❤️

Bend, warp, flip, and slide your sounds with 50% off Tape Stop, Reverser, Frequency Shifter, and Pitch Shifter (VST/AU/AAX/Snapin).

Shop: https://kilohearts.com/shop

Expires August 5th, midnight CET.

Something came up recently where I needed simple swap l/r and phase invert tools... would be very handy when designing effects chains in snapheap, and unless I'm missing something there aren't simple ways to do that.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:05 am Something came up recently where I needed simple swap l/r and phase invert tools... would be very handy when designing effects chains in snapheap, and unless I'm missing something there aren't simple ways to do that.
I can confirm this is something the guys are planning to add. :tu:

I would love you to make a simple Ice9 type plugin (since that is no longer developed) that just auto cuts out volume above a pre determined level (with no latency, unlike many limiters)

Just curious, why does the compressor have makeup gain in percent rather than dB? I find myself using a separate gain module afterwards instead.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

As much as I wanna get on board with this synth, I cannot abide the fact that its not a complete buy. You gotta buy more n more to complete it.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”