Behringer Deepmind 12 desktop and Deepmind 6 (!)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sequent wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 am One more thing... I have heard that beginning in January for those who are in the U.S. everything that is manufactured in a certain country is going to be impacted by a 25% tariff.
F*ck Trump. :x

Sequent wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 am The Minilogue is a great synth! The main thing it has going against it is only 4-voice polyphony. The small keyboard is a minus for some folks, but I imagine many of us have controller keyboards that we use in the studio anyway.
Minilogue is OK, nothing earth-shattering. I think IK's Uno sounds better and is almost as versatile, for around one-third the price, but if you need a polysynth, it's hard to go past MicroMonsta, especially if you are going to be using a controller anyway. So Minilogue's main advantage becomes it's knobs.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I have the UNO and Minilogue but I wouldn't consider them to be overlapping... Minilogue being polyphonic can do chordal textures and with some additional featurs.... metallic type sounds which the UNO can't do - at least I haven't been able to replicate them on the UNO. The UNO does some really thick and meaty tones with some interesting filtering action and of course has more automation lanes than the Minilogue. I don't see them as competitors at all... each quite unique.

BONES wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:53 pm
Sequent wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 am The Minilogue is a great synth! The main thing it has going against it is only 4-voice polyphony. The small keyboard is a minus for some folks, but I imagine many of us have controller keyboards that we use in the studio anyway.
Minilogue is OK, nothing earth-shattering. I think IK's Uno sounds better and is almost as versatile, for around one-third the price, but if you need a polysynth, it's hard to go past MicroMonsta, especially if you are going to be using a controller anyway. So Minilogue's main advantage becomes it's knobs.
The UNO sounds worse than most plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Of course it does, it's hardware. You are never going to get hardware that sounds as good as software, are you? But thanks for pointing out the obvious.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Anyone grabbed a Deepmind yet? What do you think of it? I'm kind of tempted. The prices are really attractive at the moment.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 pm I have the UNO and Minilogue but I wouldn't consider them to be overlapping... Minilogue being polyphonic can do chordal textures and with some additional featurs.... metallic type sounds which the UNO can't do - at least I haven't been able to replicate them on the UNO. The UNO does some really thick and meaty tones with some interesting filtering action and of course has more automation lanes than the Minilogue. I don't see them as competitors at all... each quite unique.
It will depend on your needs. I found Minilogue to be far too one-dimensional for the kind of things we needed to do with it. You can't turn up the resonance or use hard sync without the bottom end dropping out of it completely. So where I can easily, confidently use Uno for basslines, I could only use Minilogue in specific situations. I actually think Monologue is a better, more versatile synth. MicroMonsta runs rings around both and has twice the polyphony into the bargain. I really wanted to love Minilogue, because I think of myself as a "Korg guy" and I really like it's keyboard, but it just didn't deliver.

Yeah I think that is fair. To me I was looking for something that was a bit different ... not an all rounder. I can cover that with other synths here so the Minilogue kind fits into its own slot. I can see someone finding it too narrow for stage work or simply not being able to justify the cost given that it is not really good at the bread and butter stuff. For an ancillary synth I do find inspiration in some of its tones.

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 pm I have the UNO and Minilogue but I wouldn't consider them to be overlapping... Minilogue being polyphonic can do chordal textures and with some additional featurs.... metallic type sounds which the UNO can't do - at least I haven't been able to replicate them on the UNO. The UNO does some really thick and meaty tones with some interesting filtering action and of course has more automation lanes than the Minilogue. I don't see them as competitors at all... each quite unique.
It will depend on your needs. I found Minilogue to be far too one-dimensional for the kind of things we needed to do with it. You can't turn up the resonance or use hard sync without the bottom end dropping out of it completely. So where I can easily, confidently use Uno for basslines, I could only use Minilogue in specific situations. I actually think Monologue is a better, more versatile synth. MicroMonsta runs rings around both and has twice the polyphony into the bargain. I really wanted to love Minilogue, because I think of myself as a "Korg guy" and I really like it's keyboard, but it just didn't deliver.

bmrzycki wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 pm Mmmmmm Deepmind 12 $899 US.
Good price!

Hi guys, I'm going to buy a DM12 I have a question would you recommend an iPad Mini 5 or an iPad 10.2inch

2020 iPad 10.2-inch vs iPad Mini 5 - Best Budget iPad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUY2O59wHpY

They are in the same price range (350/400 EUR), the Mini apparently has a slightly better screen resolution and is more compact, the regular iPad has a larger screen.

I wonder if Mini screen would be enough (I have an old Mini 3 but it's not powerful enough to run the app smoothly), the DM companion app looks kinda small. Would the regular iPad be a safer choice in terms of screen size and accessibility?

Cheers.

Btw how can I connect my DM 12 to an iPad with a cable, which cable do I need - this?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_um_one_mkii.htm

Hi, I wanna have sync osc1<->osc2, but only listen to osc 2. osc 1 base wave seems to be blended in always. Any idea how to disable output of OSC1? EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Disable all waveforms for OSC1.

what is the difference between DM 6 and 12? DM 6= 6 voices and DM 12 = 12 voices?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm what is the difference between DM 6 and 12? DM 6= 6 voices and DM 12 = 12 voices?
yup.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:03 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm what is the difference between DM 6 and 12? DM 6= 6 voices and DM 12 = 12 voices?
yup.
i see thanks
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”