NI go VST 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really wish they would provide an option what formats to install. If there's a VST3 version available, I don't need VST2 any more. And I especially do not need AAX plugins cluttering my c: drive... IKMM (and UA) get a lot of flak for installing every plugin available regardless whether the user owns it or not, but at least you can select the format.

What I really hope for is Kontakt in VST3, which hopefully improves the output configuration, which is a mess with VST2 (how often did I load older projects and all the output routing of the Kontakt instances was shot...).
Something like Groove Agent, which will automatically activate the output and create a new channel in the mixer if you route an instrument to a new output.

Nice!

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:02 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am I will update one or two and then try to do some comparisons with those that are not updated and Crush/Mod Pack (since they have scalable GUIs).
I hope they'll also add View Sizes to Replika XT.
Now they have

I don't know if it's true, but some dev, I think it was McDSP told me in the past, that installing the AAX plugins by default was part of their developer agreement with Avid. :shrug:

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:02 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am I will update one or two and then try to do some comparisons with those that are not updated and Crush/Mod Pack (since they have scalable GUIs).
I hope they'll also add View Sizes to Replika XT.
Now they have

:tu:

Still waiting for Full vst 3 support in Maschine 2 that was promised in 2019.
Looks more and more like they will only support their own Instruments and effects and make Maschine a closed system in the end.

I'm pretty sure that's not what's gonna happen. Non-NI plugin VST3 support is a given to happen at some point.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:09 pm I'm pretty sure that's not what's gonna happen. Non-NI plugin VST3 support is a given to happen at some point.
Then why do they only allow their own vst 3 plugins in Maschine and not open for other vst 3 plugins?

My assumption is VST3 hosting and supporting all the different plugin quirks is better done gradually rather than opening the floodgates.

I see they've updated a few more plugins to VST3, some with nice new resizable GUIs, like the distortions and modulations and Replika XT. NI clearly use so many different SDKs, as their line has so many different behaviors, UX, browsers etc. When I think of most big plugin companies, they have consistency across plugins, but NI just pick away a one or two here and there.

I also noticed in Native Access that the description of the latest Komplete Kontrol update was compatibility for current and upcoming NI VST3s. Guitar Rig was included there so I guess it will be released as VST3 very soon.

They quietly updated Massive to VST3 as well, that was a surprise. Also, it's weird ohw when you go into Komplete Kontrol, they have two categories for NI, "Native instruments", which has almost all their plugins, and "Native Instruments GmgH", which has only Super 8. Haha, does nobody at NI notice that they have two different company categories in their own Komplete Product? Do they even test this and go "Oh that's weird".
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:00 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:09 pm I'm pretty sure that's not what's gonna happen. Non-NI plugin VST3 support is a given to happen at some point.
Then why do they only allow their own vst 3 plugins in Maschine and not open for other vst 3 plugins?
Because they want to make sure it works first with plugins they know inside out before opening it up to anything

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:27 pmthey have two categories for NI, "Native instruments", which has almost all their plugins, and "Native Instruments GmgH", which has only Super 8. Haha, does nobody at NI notice that they have two different company categories in their own Komplete Product? Do they even test this and go "Oh that's weird".
Of course it was noticed and it is tracked. It will be fixed whenever S8 is slated for an update.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:27 pmthey have two categories for NI, "Native instruments", which has almost all their plugins, and "Native Instruments GmgH", which has only Super 8. Haha, does nobody at NI notice that they have two different company categories in their own Komplete Product? Do they even test this and go "Oh that's weird".
Of course it was noticed and it is tracked. It will be fixed whenever S8 is slated for an update.
Ah. Well ok, but it's that way for a pretty long time, so I thought it odd. I hope the next S8 update includes a mono legato mode!

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:30 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:00 pm
Because they want to make sure it works first with plugins they know inside out before opening it up to anything
Do you have any source for this information?
I find it weird that they add vst 3 support only to test their own plugins as they keep adding them.
After they added a few of them like they have now the vst 3 implementation should already be good to go.
Testing the vst 3 implementation by only locking it to their own products seems abit fishy to me but i hope you and Mr. E Dragon are correct and i am wrong on this one.

I have never seen other Daws doing this when they added vst 3 support.

The only problem with VSt3, and it's a major problem, is you have to install to C drive and you don't really get a choice about that. Sucks if you have a (fairly common) small SSD C drive dedicated to the OS.

Return to “Effects”