SynthMaster 2 for iPad released

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After months of hard work, we're glad to announce the arrival of SynthMaster 2 iOS Beta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8qxjHD ... 3YTRFSuPpc

Please send me a PM if you'd like to beta test!

Cheers

Bulent
Last edited by kv331 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Finally!
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.53.29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

There are problems with the app on 12.9 M1 2021 ipad. Firstly you can't click on the unison and voices sets of controls. Secondly there are audio errors that sound like a crunchy noise. It happens on all presets even init. I think it's related to clicking the keyboard to play notes because it doesn't seem to happen if you hold your finger down and drag across the keys to play them. The touch interface in general seems to have errors with you needing to click more than once on controls some times.
I also have a9.7 inch 2016 ipad and these problems do not occur on there.

graspee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:14 pm I also have a9.7 inch 2016 ipad and these problems do not occur on there.
Please file a bug report to Apple, not to us. They screwed up things again either with iOS 14.x or iPad M1 devices. I also get intermittent crackles with my iPad Pro M1, but NOT with my older iPad Pro.
Works at KV331 Audio

graspee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:14 pm Firstly you can't click on the unison and voices sets of controls.The touch interface in general seems to have errors with you needing to click more than once on controls some times.
I'll double check the unison issue. we have tested extensively and can not understand the issue with the other errors you mentioned.
Works at KV331 Audio

The audio issues happen on synthmaster one on the 12.9 M1 ipad pro too.

graspee wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:12 pm The audio issues happen on synthmaster one on the 12.9 M1 ipad pro too.
I don't think you've read my message above. YES, it DOES happen on the new iPad Pros, running on iOS 14.x. Some users on audiob.us forums reported that iOS 15 Beta fixed this issue.
Works at KV331 Audio

I did read your message. I was somewhat surprised at its tone to be honest. My messages have been polite but I picked up a somewhat brusque vibe from yours as if I was bothering you when I should be bothering apple. I just bought your software and it didn't work properly. I searched and didn't see the problem mentioned anywhere else so I wrote here and on twitter to try to catch your attention.
If you were already aware that there were problems with your software using either the latest in the 14.x ipados series or apple silicon (and it should be easy to find out which, in fact I've done it for you, it's apple silicon) then surely you should put some sort of warning on the store page so potential purchasers are aware of it?
The reason I informed you that synthmaster one was having the same audio issues was because I thought this might be new information to you and you might think the problem was confined to synthmaster 2. (the unison and voice controls problem however is unique to synthmaster two obviously).

The problem does not happen with older iPads / operating systems, it is specific to iOS 14.x, therefore this is beyond our control.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4506 ... -transport
Works at KV331 Audio

Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:02 pm The problem does not happen with older iPads / operating systems, it is specific to iOS 14.x, therefore this is beyond our control.
It would not be beyond your control to warn people of this on your store page for synthmaster 2.

BTW the beta for ipados 15 fixes nothing.
The not being able to click unison and voice controls surely is a separate problem.

graspee wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:29 pm It would not be beyond your control to warn people of this on your store page for synthmaster 2.
Thank you for teaching us how to do our job. I see that you also gave us a 1 star review on AppStore, thank you for that as well :clap: I will put that clarification on the next update, which is coming up tomorrow.

BTW, users on audiob.us forums are reporting that the crackle issue happens less when our plugins are used as AUv3 under DAW apps.
graspee wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:29 pm BTW the beta for ipados 15 fixes nothing.
The not being able to click unison and voice controls surely is a separate problem.
Can you please post a screenshot showing the issue with unison and voice controls ? I can NOT reproduce that.
Last edited by kv331 on Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

nvm
Works at KV331 Audio

Think the different.

I gave a one star review review because the app is broken on certain models of ipad and despite knowing about it you continued to sell it without warning people. I have been met with rudeness from the start on multiple platforms despite me being at least initially polite.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”