Akai MPC/Force thread.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love these machines, had the Live since 2017, bought a Force early last year, and added a One retro last month. Changed the way I make music completely, the Force becoming the centre of my dawless setup. Some great things on the horizon from Akai.

Anyway thought Id start this thread for any like minded souls. I have made hundreds of keygroups and expansions over the years, most of them I've shared on FB and GS so I won't spam this thread with a huge list (its over 40 gb worth) but I'll stick up a few at a time for anyone interested and make some new ones (thinking my JX8P and K5000S next). Hopefully others can share keygroups too or any music made on these machines.

Here's 40 keygroups from my OB6 and the same from my Pro 2. You can install them via the software or just unzip the file and place it on your HD/SD/USB for the Force too :tu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6yqqb89zd03c ... 1.xpn?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfjv1ck2m7ejf ... s.xpn?dl=0

Great Idea, and timely! I just spent today converting all my Maschine Packs to MPC with Kit Maker (https://www.kit-maker.com/ in case any MPC owners haven't come across it- I hadn't!)

I have an MPC Live 2 and it is either in the garden (when the suns out), driving my Eurorack with the CV's or my Dawless Midi sequencer for my little hardware setup. I haven't got round to exportin g sets I have made to Live (keep meaning to!) and I believe they will open in Bitwig as well now!

I also hang out on https://www.mpc-forums.com/ some times, mainly to see if there is any news on V3...not that I really need any more features, just greedy :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Its a great tool for converting…automatic previews, coloured pads, Ableton presets…can make generic samples into kits not just machine expansions, I used it on Wave Alchemy’s Synth Drums and it made some interesting kits.

The one thing Id like is some kind of converter than would take samples and convert them into keygroups…Im sure theres something out there but they might be overkill.

#]'l
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:06 pm
kcearl wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:41 pm Its a great tool for converting…automatic previews, coloured pads, Ableton presets…can make generic samples into kits not just machine expansions, I used it on Wave Alchemy’s Synth Drums and it made some interesting kits.

The one thing Id like is some kind of converter than would take samples and convert them into keygroups…Im sure theres something out there but they might be overkill.

Are you saying that Kit Maker can convert things like Wave Alchemy Synth Drums to a usable form for the MPC (I have the MPC One)? Very interesting. Any other tips on what it can do? I have Synth Drums so it might be worth the buy. I think it's about 30 bucks. I don't have that many Maschine libraries, even though I have Maschine (Mikro). I might go for it if it can do some extra stuff (like you mentioned).

Anyway, thanks for these awesome presets/sounds! Very generous of you. I downloaded a load of them, but I missed the JX8P presets/sounds. I only had time to check out a few that I downloaded but they were very high quality. A re-upload of the JX8P would be great.

I'm looking forward to multi-sampling a few of my analog bits of gear using the MPC One. Your work has been an inspiration.

I'm going to be getting a DeepMind soon, and I think that might be a good candidate for a first attempt at the auto-sampling thing. I don't want to get too lost in that, I just want to learn how to do it if I need it for capturing old devices. Really surprised at the results you got.

Incredible stuff. Thank you!
Hey codec, thanks for the kind words…autosampler is such a great part of the whole experience…not perfect by far but essential if you want to take the sounds if your hardware out of the studio, or even turn a mono into a poly!

Kit_maker may have updated since I last used it but basically you used a generic file that contained folders for kicks, snares, hats etc then dropped that folder into kit_maker and it would make MPC kits…totally random but I loved playing around with some of them :tu:

Ive had the DM12 since it came out, divides a lot of opinion but I love it. Has some minir things to gripe about but not its sounds or fx for me

m./
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I make expansions when what little talent Ive got takes a vacation 😁

Id love to hear some cycles keygroups if you ever get round to it…Im a constant buyer and seller of desktops…the two elektron models look like fun companions to an MPC. I have a gap when it comes to fm, my dx recently passed away, RIP.

lkjh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have the Freak, my second one…but Ive never gelled with it…my current fm line up is a Yamaha PSR36 leaning against the wall lol

Bloody good deal for MPC Owners….

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/92-off-mpc-ex ... 200318d71f
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:35 pm Bloody good deal for MPC Owners….

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/92-off-mpc-ex ... 200318d71f
Looks like theres a few worth the price on there own…have you tried them?

I have a bunch that I bought when the Live first came out…the company folded so I dont know what the rules are in here on posting sample sets no longer on sale. Ill try and find out and maybe host them :tu:

Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 pm Just bought it. A really thoroughly unpleasant experience. 20 solid minutes of being pissed about. Bit of a downer really. Got it in the end.

Oh, and there's VAT on that price if in UK. So that is nearly 30 quid or nearly 35 euros depending.

They forgot to mention that.

Still a good deal.
Yeh, I bought it, everything downloaded fine and I have installed half a dozen so….mainly instruments which was fine by me as most of what I had was drums….plenty of cool stuff in there so far to justify the price and time…I was playing with the monks one, pretty cool, the Juno one had a few nice samples….some are old format like they were taken of disks (presets under A, B, C etc) but they transferred to my MPC Live just fine, have previews etc…you really can’t go wrong….I’m just going to do a few packs a day….spread it out! (I have an SSD in my Live with lots of space for this type of stuff…!)

kop
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”