2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:23 pm Done. And it blinketh like a mofo. I have a couple of minor repairs to do, and a very old Doepfer VCA that might be dead, but that's it, thank Eris.
mines lit up like xmas :band:

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 pm
justin3am wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:56 pm I encountered a similar problem with ADAT on my MOTU 828mk3. I used compressed air in the connectors and swapped cables and never encountered the problem again.

Can you do a loop-back test? Route the Focusrite's ADAT Output back into it's own input?
Thanks for these suggestions. Something about pulling the cables out, dusting the connectors with compressed air and plugging them back in fixed it right up.

I've still got better cables on the way but I'll leave my cheap plastic ones in place as long as they still work. :D
:party:

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 pm
justin3am wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:56 pm I encountered a similar problem with ADAT on my MOTU 828mk3. I used compressed air in the connectors and swapped cables and never encountered the problem again.

Can you do a loop-back test? Route the Focusrite's ADAT Output back into it's own input?
Thanks for these suggestions. Something about pulling the cables out, dusting the connectors with compressed air and plugging them back in fixed it right up.

I've still got better cables on the way but I'll leave my cheap plastic ones in place as long as they still work. :D
:tu: Glad to hear it. It's always a relief when those WTF type of issues have an easy solution.

Ok the Zoia distorted guitar sounds a lot better with cab sim module heh :dog:
Anyway, great pedal. Everyone should have one imo. :tu:

I think it could use a faster cpu, not that it's a problem. 400 mhz seems a waste with 1 ghz and above arm chips available these days. Though the Blackfin onboard DSP must make up for much I guess.

Thinking about a Model:Cycles. I realized yesterday I kind of miss finger drumming just for grins. It'd be fun to power it off batteries and just jam with no particular goal. And I do love FM. And it's pretty cheap.

I'm seen some people say the pads aren't good, but they mostly are talking about the Model:Samples. Some have said that they're a bit different between the two, and others have said they like it or it's just not a big deal.

[edit] wow, I already have a trade for one in progress :tu:
Last edited by foosnark on Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foosnark wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 pm Thinking about a Model:Cycles. I realized yesterday I kind of miss finger drumming just for grins. It'd be fun to power it off batteries and just jam with no particular goal. And I do love FM. And it's pretty cheap.

I'm seen some people say the pads aren't good, but they mostly are talking about the Model:Samples. Some have said that they're a bit different between the two, and others have said they like it or it's just not a big deal.
I would like to know the same thing about the pads.

I keep thinking Microfreak and Model:Cycles would make a decent pairing for having fun.

Mindphaser dropped in today! :hyper:

But it will likely stay in the "guilt-free" box for a few days :cry:

At best I'll throw it in a pod to test and make sure it works, but I have to switch around some modules to get this one in and that can't happen this weekend because it's her birthday weekend (through Monday).

Wanted a small footprint MIDI keyboard/synth for my desk as the 88-key monster controller I've been using, though it fits, doesn't leave much room for anything else and I can unload it to a stand and free up some space. Been after a Korg Minilogue XD for a while, but places recently have either got them overpriced, out of stock or both. Tonight a B-stock one shows up on the Juno Records site, listing says it's perfect nick apart from a tatty box, for just over £450 so I jumped on that, should be delivered Tuesday. Looking forward to playing around with these downloadable software effects and oscillators for the synth engine.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Adding to the guilt free box: I just ordered a Doepfer A-140-2 Vintage edition. It finally came in stock.

I’m very happy because this Is a great size for the rack. I had just started to reconsider some of the other dual ADSR modules that shared the same set of knobs.

Anderton's pre-order now due 15th September (originally 25th August when pre-order went in), looking forward to receiving this one, £269 it's cheaper than a cheap soft synth :tu:

Behringer RD-9

This is what i bought last week :)

You bought a sauna?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I was done for buying new stuff, I promised myself

Then I noticed Juno had the Soma Ether in stock. :dog: but :hyper:

it should be here Monday...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:47 pm I was done for buying new stuff, I promised myself

Then I noticed Juno had the Soma Ether in stock. :dog: but :hyper:

it should be here Monday...
seems cheaper than i remember!
maybe next month...
spent enough this month :hihi:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:10 pm You bought a sauna?
Yes. And all the knobs and buttons in the front of the wall is the control panel for it :clown: :party:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”