Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For years I have been looking for the perfect spacey atmospheric otherworldly synth.

Found it :party: :party:

Nemesis 2 didn't have a price upgrade, it was free. If Tone2 wants to charge an upgrade for it's "big dog" then I don't have a problem with that. Dune 2 to Dune 3 has an upgrade price and that doesn't bother me- It gives something to look forward to and I waited like a year to upgrade, happily. It's not too expensive to upgrade, it just means you don't want to pay it. The fact that Tone2 gives discount is nice to begin with.

just wondering....how do you all manage ... only one machine is allowed to have icarus installed ??? why such a limit ...its 2021...just found it in the manual...deer ohhh deer...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:02 pm just wondering....how do you all manage ... only one machine is allowed to have icarus installed ??? why such a limit ...its 2021...just found it in the manual...deer ohhh deer...
I have reproduced this from my Icarus2 manual, it might be of relevance to your requirements.
The license included with this product is a single user license for an installation on a single
computer. Please contact our support team if you need additional licenses.
BTW, In my experience TONE2 support has been excellent, they always respond quickly to my messages without exception.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

How about installing it on 2 PC's ..it's just
a key file ... should work on any nr..
I guess it's just a secret...hmmm :party:

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:02 pm just wondering....how do you all manage ... only one machine is allowed to have icarus installed ??? why such a limit ...its 2021...just found it in the manual...deer ohhh deer...
That's not true and never has been true. The writer of the manual did make a mistake.

Tone2 license policy:

- All licenses are cross platform (PC/MAC).
- One license is registered to a single user
- You can install the software on several computers, which are owned and operated by you
- You are not allowed to share your license with other people

I just got Icarus..... should I keep the Icarus2.t2k file safe?

I only use it on one PC but a reinstall will be inevitable at some point.

Many thanks for clarification !
Time to save some $...hmmm... I'm thirsty.%.
... plenty of tap water around... :cry:

rubez wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:32 am I just got Icarus..... should I keep the Icarus2.t2k file safe?

I only use it on one PC but a reinstall will be inevitable at some point.
Zip it and apply 32 digit password.
Write on a long stretch of toilet paper and keep it safe. :idea: :tu: ! ..life is great.. enjoy your weekend everyone.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:20 am
That's not true and never has been true. The writer of the manual did make a mistake.

Tone2 license policy:

- All licenses are cross platform (PC/MAC).
- One license is registered to a single user
- You can install the software on several computers, which are owned and operated by you
- You are not allowed to share your license with other people
I was sure of it, but it was still an excellent and opportune clarification, thank you Markus.
btw, you could gift your manual writer with a little bit of our Venezuelan coffee :wheee:
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Who made all the soundpacks/patches you can buy off the Tone2 site? Was it the same people who did the factory patches, or different? There are albums attached to them...

I thought BT was Brian Transeau of Flaming June. That's just false advertising :hihi:

Markus Krause (MF)
Troels Nygaard (UT)
Mac of BIOnighT (Mac)
Bigtone (BT)
Ed Ten Eyck (EDT)
Massimo Bosco (MxS)
Ingo Weidner (IW)
Reinhard Reschner (RR)
Patrick Gambart (PGT)
SupremeJA (SJA)
Bastiaan van Noord (BN)
Torben Hansen (TH)
Vincent_Bastiat (GW)
Rob Fabrie (RF)
Stephen Krajewski (Sk)
Bjuilin (BJN)
Lukas Jankowski (TTS)
Brandon Clark (BC)
Carl Schmeller (CPS)
Felingen (FLN)
Maliki (MR)
Nathan Fox (FOX)
Ranzor Emmanuel (RZ)
Solidtracks (ST)
Xenos (XS)
Himalaya (H)
George TZondagh (GZ)
Coktor The Unshushable (TUC)
Rob Mitchell (RM)
Tach Archer (ZA)
Carl Lofgren (PH)
Satya Choudbury (sT)
Manuel Heinemann (MH)
John Lehmkuhl / PluginGURO (JL)
Dejan Fintic (LOW)
Rainer Sauer (rWs)

Public beta:

https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Icar ... 5_beta.zip

The update to v2.0.5 is available for free. It adds a VST3 version and some enhancements.
Icarus 2.0.5 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.

New features:

- Added a VST3 version.
- You can select from 3 different installation types: Minimal (VST2 only), Default (VST2 + Standalone) and Full (VST2 + VST3 + Standalone).

Enhancements:

- More smart detection of VST2 path.
- Faster closing of projects.
- Minor enhancements for the standalone version.

Changes:

- Microsoft dropped support for 32bit operating systems. That's why we will focus on 64bit only. If you still use 32bit you can install v2.0.

Oh boy Markus now you've gone and done it. Can't wait to see the cries here ;)

Return to “Instruments”