eassae Light to Dark -●-●- ٩(⚙ᴗ⚙)۶

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:05 pm I really enjoyed that. Kind of futuristic jazz?

Nice clear bright mix. Great stuff. 8)
Thanks Frantz!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Frantz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:05 pm I really enjoyed that. Kind of futuristic jazz?

Nice clear bright mix. Great stuff. 8)
Sorry, I just saw the question. Yeah, I guess future jazz. I don't specifically go for a genera, but definitely have a lot of influences. Jazz being one. With this track I started with a C Lydian scale and went from there. I've really been into melodies with a lot of half steps lately, so I drifted from the original key quite often and used a lot of 4 and 5 note chords.

Thanks again for listening. Full album will be out in the near future. I just have to finish one more track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Almost there!

Nearing 8 months of work on this album. I need my third wind. (ଵ˛̼ଵ)
eassae.com

BTW: If I had to rely on my musicianship to enter the patterns I'd be screwed. I'm getting a little better at my piano playing, but it will be a long time till i'm "in the pocket" with drums
So, are all the parts drawn in then...including the piano?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:18 pm
BTW: If I had to rely on my musicianship to enter the patterns I'd be screwed. I'm getting a little better at my piano playing, but it will be a long time till i'm "in the pocket" with drums
I put in most everything by playing the keyboard at this point except for the drums. But, I do go back and adjust things often.
eassae.com

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:18 pm
Something that was really fun on this track was that my Arturia Key Lab 88 decided to start sending random midi data from the faders. It was super fun going back through all my clips and erasing it:/ It was also sending midi that was opening and closing the piano roll constantly. Tech is great when it works!
eassae.com

Great deployment of different sounds, the piano has a vibe for its own in here. Enjoyed listening!

htcnext2 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:48 pm Great deployment of different sounds, the piano has a vibe for its own in here. Enjoyed listening!
Thank you very much htcnext2!
eassae.com

Planet Mu listened to a few of my tracks on SC today. I figure more than one is a good thing(maybe not)? Anyway it's the small things that keep me going.
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:28 pm Planet Mu listened to a few of my tracks on SC today. I figure more than one is a good thing(maybe not)? Anyway it's the small things that keep me going.
Nice! I think your more recent work might well fit in there...whether it's actually experimental enough for PM..who knows, but their tastes are pretty wide within those circles.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

What made me curious is the way your headline is.

In any case, it's rhythmically beautifully unconventional,
maybe jazzy, refreshing, minimalistic! I can enjoy this song
well, and actually it could be done by now. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:46 pm
eassae wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:28 pm Planet Mu listened to a few of my tracks on SC today. I figure more than one is a good thing(maybe not)? Anyway it's the small things that keep me going.
Nice! I think your more recent work might well fit in there...whether it's actually experimental enough for PM..who knows, but their tastes are pretty wide within those circles.
Yeah, I don't know if I would be experimental enough for PM either? I like a lot of their releases, and it was nice that they took the time to listen.
eassae.com

enroe wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:57 pm What made me curious is the way your headline is.

In any case, it's rhythmically beautifully unconventional,
maybe jazzy, refreshing, minimalistic! I can enjoy this song
well, and actually it could be done by now. :tu:
Thanks for listening enroe. It's interesting you have been the second person to call the track minimalistic. I'm not saying you or the other person are wrong, but I never thought of my tracks that way. Gives me something to think about.
eassae.com

:o
hm... could be like:
oh man this is dope - let's listen to some more tracks of that genius
OR: awwww man, this it total sh***, is he trolling them? let's check out another track... to be sure...
:P
okay i am kidding. it's not meant serious what i wrote. let us know if they call you!! :tu: do they call.. or e-mail you... or whatever.

btw.: YOU can see who is listening to your tracks? big brother is watching us? is this a pro-feature or standard? ... find the thought a bit unsettling when everyone can see where I was hanging around. :oops:

oh wait what? you listened to: wonder women vol 1-3, published by playboy-music??? what is on that cover? :love:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm :o
hm... could be like:
oh man this is dope - let's listen to some more tracks of that genius
OR: awwww man, this it total sh***, is he trolling them? let's check out another track... to be sure...
Most likely the later :D
tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm btw.: YOU can see who is listening to your tracks? big brother is watching us? is this a pro-feature or standard? ... find the thought a bit unsettling when everyone can see where I was hanging around. :oops:
It's the pro version. You have to pay to be a creep :lol:
eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”