RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Based on another thread, seems that when you change the scale/key on the master track, only some of the chords after the change, update as well. (with the change chords item is set too)..

It seems it should work that way, if you change the key etc., anything beyond that up to the next key change should be adjusted as well, but, doesn't.

In general, you are right .. But I meant a command that would simply transpose from the previous segment of the master track, for example, 1.5 tones up.

lulukom wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:39 am In general, you are right .. But I meant a command that would simply transpose from the previous segment of the master track, for example, 1.5 tones up.
:tu:

Yea, so, I may not be fully versed in music theory, but, this doesn't look correct when I use colors to help me.

In about every place I can set it, I use the color theme of "Distance from Tonal Center". Green is good and red being bad..

so, when I set this progression up, the F#m in the scale B melodic minor, using a minor rule set and all, shows up that it's red in the distance from the tonal center as displayed in the master track.

however, if you view the chord in the circle of 5th's, that chord is in the tonal center.

Unless I am doing something wrong, this looks wrong to me.

F#m is displayed with red because it is not part of B Melodic Minor scale:

Otherwise the distance is indicated by the background color, which is correct (green).

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

ok.. got it now... feels so good when I learn something new.. haha ;)

thanks!

Attila, I will note one little thing .. In the Palette, the icons with arrows to the right - to the left allows you to remove / add complex chords up to 13. And sometimes I work with complex chords and would like to be able to remove / add from the side of simple chords (starting from the base, +6, etc.). Sometimes I only need to keep 13 chords. Thank you.

[Moved to Feature Requests] :dog:

Hi Attila.
When dragging a midi clip into RC. If there is a chord marker track, does RC observe that first or does RC always try to analyse the chords irrespective?

Cheers. Mike.

Hi Mike,

the chord marker track is not used at the moment for analysis. I added it to my to-do list.
On the other hand I am working on dropping a MIDI file on the Markov generator to set up the rules from the file. I'll upload a beta version as soon as it works.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila! Great that you are working on dragging the midi files to the Markov generator. Is it possible to hope that dragging the midi of the files and other generators will be done ?

Crash when I press the Shift button and the mouse cursor is on the Timeline.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Speaking of crashes, this suggestion would be a great help (for Windows)..

Almost all software when being installed, or being used, uses a temp folder that is common to every user of Windows. This folder, for example, if there is a crash, would be were to look for a log file of the crash.

that folder location is C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Local\Temp (were "user_name" is the currently logged user of the PC).

If you look at the file location, you will see what I mean.

It would be a great help if some sort of logging system for either beta and/or even the production version of RC could do this as well.

Another great example, is, I use Blender 3D a lot. The crash file it produces lists almost everything relevant thing that was loaded, as well as what modules were being used, etc. The developers use this file to fix the issues, or at least gives ideas were to look.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 am Hi Mike,

the chord marker track is not used at the moment for analysis. I added it to my to-do list.
On the other hand I am working on dropping a MIDI file on the Markov generator to set up the rules from the file. I'll upload a beta version as soon as it works.

Thanks,
Attila
Wow. Thank you Attila. :)

Cheers.
Mike.

Hi Attila,

just posted these two videos this is the solution and idea for the variation tool that iv been asking for which covers a lot of problems that we have using custom phrases.
With what you're trying to implement at the moment with the dropping of midi files into the generator this also slots nicely with that idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUdTlB_aYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5o55Y5PpA4

Return to “MusicDevelopments”