Challenge - who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're the one now bringing personal rancor - "if you want to have a coherent conversation"? Really, incoherent is it now?

I pointed out your assumptions are merely your assumptions.
it isn't about imputing your intent, I'm talking about what you actually verbatim said about it. It seemed dismissive and obtuse to me.
"How you feel about using multiple software depends on if you are interested in the process or if you are interested in just the output. If you are interested in the process, "
No, it just does not. There it is again, the very same thing. You have zero clue about what someone else thinks, and could not be missing the mark with me more widely. To say anyone is uninterested in the process and just into output, IS A STRAW MAN. You can't know that, it's just presumptuous. And 'using multiple software' is not the same thing as 'using multiple DAW sequencing hosts'.

You're imputing intent right there, am I strictly interested in attacking you, and doubling down on the dismissive.

Yeah, no, I'm not interested in your views to the extent of more back and forth. You upset too easily and shit talk, I'm def out.

jancivil wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:58 pm You're the one now bringing personal rancor - "if you want to have a coherent conversation"? Really, incoherent is it now?

I pointed out your assumptions are merely your assumptions.
it isn't about imputing your intent, I'm talking about what you actually verbatim said about it. It seemed dismissive and obtuse to me.
"How you feel about using multiple software depends on if you are interested in the process or if you are interested in just the output. If you are interested in the process, "
No, it just does not. There it is again, the very same thing. You have zero clue about what someone else thinks, and could not be missing the mark with me more widely. To say anyone is uninterested in the process and just into output, IS A STRAW MAN. You can't know that, it's just presumptuous. And 'using multiple software' is not the same thing as 'using multiple DAW sequencing hosts'.

You're imputing intent right there, am I strictly interested in attacking you, and doubling down on the dismissive.

Yeah, no, I'm not interested in your views to the extent of more back and forth. You upset too easily and shit talk, I'm def out.
Shit talk? How did I shit talk? I've been nothing but polite to you even though you've called out my skill based on preferences a few times. So I'm glad you are "def out".

I'm pretty sure my statement says "imo" at the end as in this is my opinion. I never said it was factual or made any kind of value statement about it. It's how I feel about it based on my experience. So hence imo. But nah you are just looking for an argument so you went ahead and started saying I'm making straw man arguments when I wasn't even arguing to begin with I was just stating my opinion and trying to have a conversation.

You could have just said well you don't believe that to be true based on your experience but instead you wanted to get nasty about it. I'm here for discourse not arguments, but I'm more than down to argue if I feel like I'm being attacked for no reason.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

"WTF are you on about? Do you want to have a coherent conversation or do you want to accuse me of something I didn't actually intend. It's the latter then I have nothing else to say to you. Get back to me when you want to actually have a conversation."
isn't shit talking, is just as polite as can be. I was conversing with you, you lashed out.

"You could have just said well you don't believe that to be true based on your experience but"
Again: you could have simply affirmed why you make that kind of choice. No, you have to toss up a story about things you don't know anything about, other people's workflow; you had to posit a straw man which is inferior to your more open-minded ways. How full of shit, frankly.

You can seek to portray calling a straw man argument a straw man argument getting nasty, but that's about as scrupulous as the rest of that noise.

jancivil wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:34 pm "WTF are you on about? Do you want to have a coherent conversation or do you want to accuse me of something I didn't actually intend. It's the latter then I have nothing else to say to you. Get back to me when you want to actually have a conversation."
isn't shit talking, is just as polite as can be. I was conversing with you, you lashed out.

"You could have just said well you don't believe that to be true based on your experience but"
Again: you could have simply affirmed why you make that kind of choice. No, you have to toss up a story about things you don't know anything about, other people's workflow; you had to posit a straw man which is inferior to your more open-minded ways. How full of shit, frankly.

You can seek to portray calling a straw man argument a straw man argument getting nasty, but that's about as scrupulous as the rest of that noise.
I thought you were out? What happened. Can't take you seriously if you can't even follow what you said you would do just two posts up.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

To be candid or forthcoming, I see someone that has herein shown a relatively limited scope about music believing they know stuff they can't know being very overconfident. Nothing personal, I don't know who you are or anything, but that's my viewpoint on that in general. it's fairly common around here.
The whole spiel is very obtuse, if one is not interested in multiple DAWs one is uninterested in the process and all of this... this is a straw man; & that's not genuinely conversing, that's lecturing and seeing if you can top.

A skilled Reason user needs nothing but Reason.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

SamDi wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 pm I have to admit: I suffer from GAS, as it seems. Now, since I have most of the synths and effects, which I find interesting, it spreads over to DAWs. Couldn't resist to buy now Bitwig, because Version 4 is in sight. OK - I surely don't need it, but come on - it's GAS!

So now I have on my side:
-Logic
-Ableton
-FL Studio
-Bitwig

Of course all in tallest version :D :D :D

Do you think, I need a psychological doctor?

Please don'task me, if I am more productive or make better music - of course not...

What are your paid (so no Reaper without having paid correctly the licence) and actively used DAWs?

Hope, I'm not alone :hihi:
I'm always the first one defending GAS. GAS is good. GAS helps poor (and not as poor) developers survive. GAS creates job opportunities. GAS...yeah, you got it :)

My DAW list:

Bitwig
Reaper
Studio One
Reason
Waveform
FL Studio
Renoise
Maschine

Add to that about 900 paid VSTs (many of them from bundles) and 300 paid Rack Extensions (Reason).

GAS is not very friendly to your wallet though, I'll have to admit that :) But think of it this way, you are contributing to a lot to help people putting food on their tables.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

.,mnb
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:44 pm To be candid or forthcoming, I see someone that has, as stated herein, shown a relatively limited scope believing they know stuff they can't even begin to imagine being very overconfident; nothing personal, I don't know who you are or anything, but that's my viewpoint on that. the whole spiel is very obtuse, if one is not interested in multiple DAWs one is uninterested in the process and all of this is a straw man, you're not conversing, you're lecturing.
Stating "imo" is not lecturing. It's my opinion.

Your constant call about straw man arguments when I was just stating an opinion is not only weak but doesn't make sense when I wasn't even arguing in the first place. On top of that you have actually called my skill or knowledge into question because of my preference of using multiple DAWs or the way I like to get into the right mindset when making music. Those are things that work well for me. I never stated otherwise.

Here is my statement that you took out of context.
I will never understand the mindset of someone who only ever uses one tool.
This is from experience and I stated what the experience was but you wanted to just take a small snippet out of context. I've been forced to move to different platforms several times. Either due to bad experiences, lack of support, or the company no longer deserves my money imo. That's what that statement was about.

Nothing is forever and when a piece of software or plugin stops being supported if you've never learned anything else you start from square one again on something else. As a long time Mac user I am are very familiar with previously supported apps suddenly not working on a new version of macOS. So I can either wait until the issue is resolved or use something else.

I've learned over time not to rely on just one tool because you never know when it will just stop working. So when I say I will never understand, it was me saying I will never understand someone relying on a potential single point of failure since from experience I can't be in that mindset. If you read the rest of my responses to BONES you will see that to be the case.

klkj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helping the poor? How many poor even have the time or tools to code music software?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:21 pm Helping the poor? How many poor even have the time or tools to code music software?
:tu:
...or ever used a laptop?!
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:01 pm
SamDi wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 pm I have to admit: I suffer from GAS, as it seems. Now, since I have most of the synths and effects, which I find interesting, it spreads over to DAWs. Couldn't resist to buy now Bitwig, because Version 4 is in sight. OK - I surely don't need it, but come on - it's GAS!

So now I have on my side:
-Logic
-Ableton
-FL Studio
-Bitwig

Of course all in tallest version :D :D :D

Do you think, I need a psychological doctor?

Please don'task me, if I am more productive or make better music - of course not...

What are your paid (so no Reaper without having paid correctly the licence) and actively used DAWs?

Hope, I'm not alone :hihi:
I'm always the first one defending GAS. GAS is good. GAS helps poor (and not as poor) developers survive. GAS creates job opportunities. GAS...yeah, you got it :)

My DAW list:

Bitwig
Reaper
Studio One
Reason
Waveform
FL Studio
Renoise
Maschine

Add to that about 900 paid VSTs (many of them from bundles) and 300 paid Rack Extensions (Reason).

GAS is not very friendly to your wallet though, I'll have to admit that :) But think of it this way, you are contributing to a lot to help people putting food on their tables.
Best post since long on this thread. I hoped the discussion would develop in this direction, instead disussing the senselessness of other guy's approaches.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

but which one sounds better? :hyper:

too soon?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”