Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

lovemusic15 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:25 pm I'm 100% with you on this Mike been trying to get this type of thing implemented in RC for a long time now ,this is exactly what I'm trying to do with this variation tool I'm going to put up a little video demonstrating exactly how I think it should work.
Thanks Dan. I think it's quite an exciting prospect.
Depending on how deep the analysis of the clip can be, the parameters passed to the Makov could be like an 'instant learning' and produce some interesting AI opportunities.

Look forward to seeing your video.
Cheers.
Mike.

I would like more track templates for additional styles such as Alternative Rock and Metal.

EDIT:

It would be faster for me to jump start a song.... putting the Rapid in Rapid Composer.

For Instance, I just used the ChipTunes template which got me started really fast. It helped me not to worry about the chord progression and get into focusing on song structure and melody.
Last edited by silenthill2006 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Here are two video links to two vst’s that I use every time I want to produce .
This gives the true meaning to rapid workflow, the concept of being able to generate ideas without any thinking just randomising and getting different variations this is the one thing that RC is missing and something that it really needs, as you will be well aware when it comes to custom phrases you really can't do much but having a variation tool will fix that .

This video will show you how quickly you can come up with ideas or how you can get variation of already good ideas, for instance I will demonstrate taking a Phil Collins bass line and melody and show you how you can make it very similar or completely different with just a couple of clicks, also you should be able to import a chord progression and get variations of the different voices , in the same way you can in the melody editor which I show at the end of the video .

I cannot Express how massive this would be in regards to inspiration and getting work done a lot quicker ,You're always gonna get good results because you're always going to start with something you like we spent so much time asking for different features with RC but this one feature would be one of the most powerful features to have as it takes away all the hard work of learning RC and just being able to throw in what you like and get different variations.
We talked about having generators that could generate different genres of music well when you think about it if you put a MIDI file from your favourite rock tune into a variation generator it's only going to generate very similar midi files which technically is going to sound like rock music because it only uses the same parameters of the original MIDI file ,you will also be able to lock the notes that you like and get variations from the ones that you don't as you will see in the video.
With this generator you should be able to change the pitch of notes, the order of notes , repeat notes, lock to a scale or change to another scale.
We pretty much have all of these features inside different variations and generators so it's just the case of implementing them into one variation generator.

I really hope you can all see the potential and we can get this implemented as soon as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUdTlB_aYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5o55Y5PpA4

I implemented a 'learn' function for the Markov Generator. IMO it is quite usable, the results are nice. I'll upload a beta version soon so that you can test it too.

Thanks!
Attila

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:49 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:25 pm I'm 100% with you on this Mike been trying to get this type of thing implemented in RC for a long time now ,this is exactly what I'm trying to do with this variation tool I'm going to put up a little video demonstrating exactly how I think it should work.
Thanks Dan. I think it's quite an exciting prospect.
Depending on how deep the analysis of the clip can be, the parameters passed to the Makov could be like an 'instant learning' and produce some interesting AI opportunities.

Look forward to seeing your video.
Cheers.
Mike.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Perfect look forward to it,

Here's a question for you I don't know if it's easy for you to implement this but when you drag a song or midi files into the phrase inspector could there be an option to only import the first 16 bars of each file rather than the full length of the MIDI file just as an additional option? if this is not possible does anyone know any software that's good for slicing full songs into smaller slices.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:58 pm I implemented a 'learn' function for the Markov Generator. IMO it is quite usable, the results are nice. I'll upload a beta version soon so that you can test it too.

Thanks!
Attila
That is super quick Attila - thanks.
Looking forward to trying this out :)

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:58 pm I implemented a 'learn' function for the Markov Generator. IMO it is quite usable, the results are nice. I'll upload a beta version soon so that you can test it too.

Thanks!
Attila
Wow! This sounds really cool. I'm glad that you continue to support this "experimental" generator.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

lovemusic15 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:30 pm does anyone know any software that's good for slicing full songs into smaller slices.
This product is touted as a MIDI sampler; it can certainly slice and dice MIDI files (it comes bundled with over 1000 public domain multi-track midi files which you can start with or use your own MIDI files). If you want to purchase it, you should wait until it goes on sale again for $49 or lower.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Yes, I've got this had the original then got the free upgrade ,it's a cool device but it doesn't work in the way I was hoping where you can just throw one midi and it spreads All Across each pad you have to individually slice it up on each pad .I was more looking for a soft wear that can slice a full midi song into separate small parts so for instance if I had 500 full songs from the 80s I could chop all the bass lines up and all the pianos etc into small slices with just 1 click ,but thanks for the suggestion really appreciate it.

That is super quick Attila - thanks.
Looking forward to trying this out :)
[/quote]

Hi Mike,

From what you see in my video is your idea of the learn' function for the Markov Generator similar, will it give you the same functionalities like the ones needed in the variation tool. Will you be able to get similar results to the original MIDI file that you drop in.

Thanks

lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:11 am Hi Mike,

From what you see in my video is your idea of the learn' function for the Markov Generator similar, will it give you the same functionalities like the ones needed in the variation tool. Will you be able to get similar results to the original MIDI file that you drop in.

Thanks
Hi Dan. That's part of the sort of thing I'm hoping for.
Not just varying what is there but suggesting where it might go based on Markov chain (or other generative) probabilities.

E.g. Say you drop a 4 bar clip, I'd be looking for a generated phrase that took the essence of the original (not just an anagram of what was already there) and calculate, based on that clip, where it could go next by weighting the probabilities in the Markov Generator from how the supplied clip was presented. To refine it, you could maybe take just a section of the original clip and see what was suggested and tag that onto the original 4 bars, then repeat the process by using the resultant clip as the new 'seed' and build that way.

A lot of musical phrases tend to be call and response but developed in the same vein so for the process to have some 'understanding' of what you tell it sounds right, is a major enhancement. Add in some ornamentation (well maybe that's a stretch) and you could have some great music. The other parameters in the generator such as the rhythm allow you to make it simple or complex (although a slider would be great for that as well). Use the variations that you have suggested on top of all this and that's pretty powerful.

AI can produce some good results from deep learning but this would facilitate a "light learning" set of weights for the Markov (and perhaps other phrase generators). I use the Markov quite a lot but if it could be influenced by an existing phrase, it'd be a strong tool.
Cheers. Mike.

I like your forward way of thinking definitely sounds like something that could work well with RC. I just hope it keeps the original rhythm of the midi phrase or very similar to as I find a lot of the other generators you lose the initial rhythm after you hit the generate button.

lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:33 pm I like your forward way of thinking definitely sounds like something that could work well with RC. I just hope it keeps the original rhythm of the midi phrase or very similar to as I find a lot of the other generators you lose the initial rhythm after you hit the generate button.
I would imagine you may well be able to do that by having a choice whether to preserve the rhythm of the 'seed' or have something developed along the lines of the rhythm tab within the generator. Maybe the generator would default to manual rhythm as passed by the original clip and then you have the option of changing that within the generator from a user perspective.

I am really excited to see what Attila has done with this.

If you listen to the 1st verse of "Love me do", the inital phrase develops along similar lines but also has rhythmic variationi. A choice would be great.

Yes that would be a good idea ,I'm definitely excited to finally get to work with custom phrases. when it comes to software development Attila is in a league of his own so if anyone can pull it off he can.

lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:10 am I was more looking for a soft wear that can slice a full midi song into separate small parts so for instance if I had 500 full songs from the 80s I could chop all the bass lines up and all the pianos etc into small slices with just 1 click, but thanks for the suggestion really appreciate it.
This one can import a MIDI file into the software as a "Score" and then you can use one of its tools known as a "Music Generator" to break up the score into "score" fragments of any size (e.g. two beats, a bar, etc.) to create a library of building block "scores". Those building block "scores" can then be exported as individual MIDI files.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”