MOK Waverazor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

I've studied the history of how this synth came about and I think we're dealing with a stillborn. And I think the font choice is a statement. There is no way in hell someone thinks it's good.

MutantHero wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 pm Is there a way to change the font? I initially though it was pulling "Impact" off my system but the lowercase g is different. Any ideas? The font I am seeing is very hard to read
This is the font I've got on Windows 10, it's perfectly readable to me. Not sure if it's a system font at all, nothing matches exactly. Have you contacted support?
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's off my system, and it's not going back on.

@ MutantHero: Mine doesn't look anything like that either, it uses the same font as depicted in the manual. Looks like it gets the font from the system metrics. Depending on the oS your using, this
is usually user adjustable. It can be a pain on some versions of windows due to Microsoft's
infinite wisdom about exactly what to do to piss off your user base.

MutantHero wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:38 am Image

Untitled
by John Thompson, on Flickr
Hey look, there's more: https://tinyurl.com/rfna9zg

Waverazor is a piece of art, sorry it doesn't work for you! :cry:

(Yes, it's your OS specific problem, the font I have is same as yellowmix above, that's on Windows 7. Contact support, boyo!)

Free update for Waverazor VST announced for black friday. Several new filter types included.

Thank you guys. Awesome.

Waverazor is currently on offer till 1st September for $99 if you use the code unified-waverazor in the checkout (code was in the video - they said it's a public offer)

Plugin Guru recently did an interview with Taiho since Waverazor has recently been UNIFIED and version 2.5 has just been released!
https://youtu.be/BdfMj2fdrvA

I took the changelog info from the 2.5 installer:

Code: Select all

Waverazor Version History

v2.5.0 - 2020.August.21
- new: Standalone App for OSX/WIN
- new effect: Reverb
- new effect: Delay2 dual-stereo delay
- new effect: TapLine8X
- new filter: CombLPF
- new filter: All Pass
- new filter: TapLine8
- new ABPost config for Filter Block
- new modulator: Step Generator
- new modulator: Random
- new: LFO One Shot mode
- new: Envelope looping modes
- new: Envelope stage locking
- new: Voice overlap control
- new: all modulators now have S&H functions
- new: modulation sources for Notes On
- new: global modulators can key track and trigger
- new: clip/folding/pan modes for gain filter 
- new: Mod Route Modifiers
- new: Main Mixer Limiter added
- new: Original Delay EFX sync/spread features
- fixed: Discontinuities in Chorus/Delay effects
- fixed: Main Bus Feedback functions improved
- fixed: Mono Patch Stuck Notes
- fixed: Editor: Not clear when a block is Bypassed
- fixed: Linux build updated to use libcurl4
- fixed: OSX installer packaging updated
- fixed: OSX Installer Dark Mode buttons too clear
- fixed: AAX iLok library updated
- fixed: Envelopes are more responsive at fast settings
- fixed: BPM not correct when loaded from DAW
- fixed: Extern Sync not set when loaded from DAW
- fixed: Arpeggiator not setup when loaded from DAW
- fixed: Matrix Destinations not in the Matrix anymore
- fixed: Prettier CTLS pages in Editor
- fixed: Editor Scope is non selectable
- fixed: Touching Matrix Destinations in Editor can reset some params
- fixed: DC Blocker - crash with Output Boost
- fixed: LFO/StepGen/Random ClockDiv vs Freq params confusing
- User manual updated
- a lot of other misc bug fixes and improvements

One of my favorite got even better :)

Quick post regarding the font change.... as long as you basically install a font on Windows which has the filename Code200365k.ttf or even Code200365k.otf works then that can swap out the font.

How to do it:
1) find a font you want to replace the base font with
2) Save it to your desktop and rename it to Code200365k. Keep the extension as it is
3) You'll need to go to your C:\Windows\Fonts folder and delete the font called Code2003.
4) Go to your desktop, right click and 'install' the font.

If you leave the original Code2003 font and add in another Code200365k.ttf, Windows actually renames it to Code200365k_0.ttf so you have more fonts but wont overwrite (why you need to delete). If you added in OTF font, you'll need to delete the Code2003 font as that's the ttf version originally

Just played about with it now and can get it looking pretty cool with fonts from Dafont. Beats that Garamond style any day
yep still on the 16 bar loop... :D

djFresha wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:21 pm Quick post regarding the font change.... as long as you basically install a font on Windows which has the filename Code200365k.ttf or even Code200365k.otf works then that can swap out the font.
Nice sleuthing! That should work for older Waverazor installations. However, Waverazor 2.6.0 (released in May) also uses a better system font, and things should look a lot cleaner now, on all platforms. I now see that we forgot to mention that in our 2.6.0 release notes ;)

Cheers! - Rob / MOK

No problemo - it's only because I reinstalled my system this weekend and noticed during the install the .ttf file going in so I investigated which one went in at the time of the install to locate the actual font. And using 2.6 here too, and yes on Windows looking like Swiss / Helvetica font if the font is ''missing' (way better than Arial, and thank god not Comic Sans)
yep still on the 16 bar loop... :D

Ah, interesting. Waverazor is specifying "Arial Unicode MS", but if that isn't available, I allow the system to provide an alternate, or if that fails, it tries to fall back on Code200365k. If all that fails, I have no idea what happens :roll:

I tried watching the video on my phone and could not even make out the writing on each component of the synth. Definitely needs different skins to make text clearer.

Yes it's a bit an issue. Even zoomed to a big GUI, the text fonts seem too thin and a bit fluttered.

But there are a lot of skin colors to choose from within the submenu of WaveRazor. Check them out, they do help. But don't choose white text on white background. :hihi:

With this being on sale @ Tracktion right now and the introduction of Miniraze...
(viewtopic.php?f=1&t=573119&hilit=miniraze&start=30)
I find myself asking what is the future plans of Waverazor?

And has any sound designers started developing banks for either of them yet?

Return to “Instruments”