RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hey Atilla.. can you explain what is going on here? This is constantly showing up as trash and being deleted when I run maintenance stuff. I haven't used a progression like this recently either. Doesn't matter what I compose, this always shows up to be deleted..

Hi Attila! I apologize, but I remind you about the crash with a mouse click on a timeline with a pressed key Shift . Mac Os. Thanks .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is very strange. Maybe Windows cannot cope with the long filename, and it remains in the trash?

Open PowerShell. Run the following command and press Enter to empty Recycle Bin for all drives on your local computer:

Code: Select all

Clear-RecycleBin -force -ErrorAction:Ignore
I hope it helps.
BluGenes wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:33 pm Hey Atilla.. can you explain what is going on here? This is constantly showing up as trash and being deleted when I run maintenance stuff. I haven't used a progression like this recently either. Doesn't matter what I compose, this always shows up to be deleted..

https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I'll look more into it, but, I think it may be set to read only..

Hi lulukom,

How can I reproduce this? I did my best to hold shift and clicking on the timeline and master track, but it did not crash. Please let me know. I could not find what exactly happened from the crash dump.

EDIT: can you show me on a screenshot which part of the timeline you clicked on, and how it looked like before the click?

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:59 am Hi Attila! I apologize, but I remind you about the crash with a mouse click on a timeline with a pressed key Shift . Mac Os. Thanks .

Thank you, Attila! I'm very surprised, but this happened on two of my different computers and now it does not repeat itself ...))

I believe you, because I can see the crashes in the crash dump. It would be great to know which part of the timeline you clicked on. I am going to upload a new beta version in an hour, hopefully this won't happen anymore. Thanks, lulukom!

RapidComposer v4.3b2 is available!

All the fixes will be present in v4.2.2 to be released on Monday.

Improvements:
  • 'Learn' functionality in Markov Melody generator: drop a monophonic MIDI file or a phrase on the Learn button!
  • Enable Drawing 'Line' And 'Freehand' Phrases is among experimental settings
  • Stability fixes for various undo/inspector crashes
  • [Windows] Fix for a crash during text editing (e.g. when Saving a progression and editing group)
  • Fix for a crash when editing the Percussion Generator in the Idea Tool
  • Fix disappearing graphics when dragging over a zoomable scroll bar
  • Wrong signature was used when dragging phrases from the browser, so phrases had incorrect length
  • Instrument selection in the Percussion Generator did not update the editor (bug introduced in v4.2.0)

wrote:RapidComposer v4.3b2 is available!
Thanks Attila.

You are welcome! Please try it and let me know if you find it usable or not.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm You are welcome! Please try it and let me know if you find it usable or not.
I certainly will :tu:

Yes, Attila, the same crash happens in the new version. And in what situation .. I always believed that Shift + dragging the cursor the edge of the Part 1 (for example) changes its length in a timeline. I click Shift and try to change the length of the part. And I always get the crash on both computers.Dump report I put.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You are welcome! Please try it and let me know if you find it usable or not.
[/quote]

I certainly will :tu:
[/quote]

Got to say Mike I thought the variation generator would be a great asset but you've gone one step further with this idea of midi learn.

just want to clarify is this meant to work where it learns the parameters of the imported MIDI file and then generates new ideas locked to those same parameters because on testing straight away you lose the initial rhythm and and note length. I've also tried to do a workaround by applying the rhythm but then you're just going back to get in the same old rhythm which if it was to generate in the way I was assuming then that would give you variations in the note order and therefore it would give you similar rhythms , as you can see here you get a lot more notes then in the original rhythm. Really hope we're on the same page with this it definitely needs to keep the length of the notes and the amount of notes in the rhythm the same and just generate new ideas based on those parameters

I agree with the foregoing. During the first, I did not find a similarity of the generated tall melodies on my midi file that I dragged into the generator. Secondly, the visual preview of this midi file should visually on the grid correspond to the newly generated melody. But in general it is implemented super!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”