FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:57 pm finally found the taiko presets (and some others) @ C:\Program Files (x86)\BFD Drums\BFD2\System\Presets lol... so even after removing everything and reinstalling via the LM downloads i STILL have a mess with everything all over the place. apparently they used the old installers and changed to "BFD Drums" folder as opposed to "Fxpansion" so everything is being tossed around just like Rail and the lot did in the past. i'd suggest inMusic rework all the installers if they can. from the BFD Drums forum, here and other places... quite a few are having troubles pretty much the same as i am.

i appreciate the fact that inMusic has a small crew working on this and i also appreciate their efforts but it does not cancel out the fact this is a mess to say the least. hopefully in the future they have the source files and will completely make new installers for all expansions so possible future customers can avoid the headaches.
Did you point the Migration Tool over to that folder and get that stuff into the new BFD3?

Yeah, it was a bit of the wild west with content locations back in the day. I agree there's some big opportunities here. I think most of us held onto the content itself but some may have lost bfdpreset and kit presets along the way like I did. Wasn't even the InMusic transition, I had a catastrophic hard drive failure a while back and found out I wasn't backing up some folders I thought I was. Or could've even been my last PC build.

Here's an idea: create new installers with the presets only! Or longer term, upload the presets to a sharing site that can be accessed and downloaded from the BFD interfaces.

Now, I kept all my installers, so at some point I can just reinstall everything.

Also, big shame that Drum Drops isn't selling BFD content anymore. Maybe it just wasn't profitable for them, but they had good stuff. I think they just flew under the radar. I was really looking forward to the Pete Thomas (of the Attractions) drum kit. Watching the Detectives has a great drum sound as did This Year's Model. I'd love to have some of that in BFD.

well the migration part kept looping on me (asking every time i started the program if i wanted to migrate even though i both cancelled and allowed migration previously) until the last version which gave the option to skip migration and since i had removed everything because of the migration process getting stuck i installed the new version without migration. if i feel lucky i may remove just the program (or just reinstall on top) after installing all the expansions from the LM and do the migration part just for fun to see what happens lol i may be surprised and it may put things in the correct spots but i ain't holding my breath. i got most everything working now so i am afraid to mess with it until i have a problem and am forced to deal with it again lol side note... i actually got my Terry Bozzio kit working too... the one from Sonic Reality. LOVE THOSE TOMS

yeah i liked drum drops samples... they were pretty good imo but as far as i can tell they only offer everything now as 'sample packs'... probably all .wav files so they can be used anywhere you like.

p.s. i ain't hating on anyone... just been really agitated but just think how agitated i have been with the headaches you can bet your bum inMusic has 4x the headaches right now. good luck guys :tu:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

There's a manual migration option under Preferences -> Content. I think you need to put the old content you want to migrate over under:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\FXpansion\BFD3\

...then it will see the presets in those folders, pick them up, and add them to new ...

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BFD Drums

...folder.

In fact, you may even be able to just copy them straight into that new folder yourself.

thnx... i already started making copies of things in all locations and putting them in a BFD2 folder and was gonna try putting that in the documents folder under BFD Drums later :tu: it will if it works make things a lot easier if i do a reinstall at a later date and i won't have to add so many locations to my scan :ud:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Deluxe was discontinued? That's one of the best ones!

triggerthehorizon wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:10 pm Deluxe was discontinued? That's one of the best ones!
A few online retailers still have that and XFL among others for digital download. Have to find a way to port it over. I wish they'd do some blowout sales on those because I wouldn't mind having them, but not for $149.

bill45 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm Does in Music support BFD 2. I still have not upgrarded to BFD3.Not sure if I migrated my account Corectly.
BFD2 is NOT supported under inMusic. You will need to PM Ambersonic(Drew) here or at forum.bfddrums and have him set you up with the London expansion kit as a replacement for BFD2

shanabit wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:11 pm
bill45 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm Does in Music support BFD 2. I still have not upgrarded to BFD3.Not sure if I migrated my account Corectly.
BFD2 is NOT supported under inMusic. You will need to PM Ambersonic(Drew) here or at forum.bfddrums and have him set you up with the London expansion kit as a replacement for BFD2
Thanks

Does anyone know what's happening with BFD? I contacted Ambersonic (Drew) a while back. He said he'd help me out, but he seems to have disappeared. I've PM'ed but no response. I also sent a request for support through FB. I got a reply that they'd help, but again, that's gone quiet.

Orphy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:36 am Does anyone know what's happening with BFD? I contacted Ambersonic (Drew) a while back. He said he'd help me out, but he seems to have disappeared. I've PM'ed but no response. I also sent a request for support through FB. I got a reply that they'd help, but again, that's gone quiet.
Have you tried https://forum.bfddrums.com? Drew is also over there, as well as a bunch of Beta testers. Once you set up an account, like here, you need to show some activity before you can PM.

Some facts:
BFD2 is not supported anywhere. One may download installers from fxpansion but there is no avenue for support to be found.
To migrate successfully over to BFD3.4 entails getting rid of the fxpansion License Manager in favor of BFD Drums' LM; the two conflict.
At this stage getting BFD2's factory library installed into BFD3.4 means obtaining a license for a product called London Sessions, which as a BFD2 licensee you are entitled to but this comes from BFD Drums, IE: Drew. If it's BFD1 F.L., that's called El Dorado, same situation.

If one is on the windows platform go to the latest version ASAP because there are problems with 4.1.1. There are problems people experience w. OSX installations as well, but certain DRM issues were fixed on that platform ahead of the windows version.

I personally strongly recommend getting your installation of libraries under one top directory with the libaries under it first; then the migration - from fxpansion folders, in user directories and the factory defaults directories to the same under the new name BFD Drums - is simplified. This part the application does without need to do it manually. Problems accrue, apparently, from the application (there is a migrate function inside BFD3.4) having to locate something more complicated during migration. Here, the installation of BFD3.4 sorted all of that. It won't hurt to uninstall prior versions, 3.3 for instance first. The only problems I experienced were a keychain item which for a day didn't work here. (Not sure why because the next day it did. It may have been a connectivity issue.)
Oh, I did experience on I think two occasions everything suddenly needed to be reauthorized, requiring a log in to inMusic. So that's really the first step, sorry, an account at inMusic and one at BFD Drums (particularly if you have extant libraries, plus there was a freebie for signing up). Then, obtain the most recent BFD Drums LM.

to obtain aurhorization the LM of course has to be online. After that it should work with no wifi on and the keychain removed, simply run it as though there is no issue. It works that way here anyway.

Fender_Bender wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:39 pm
Orphy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:36 am Does anyone know what's happening with BFD? I contacted Ambersonic (Drew) a while back. He said he'd help me out, but he seems to have disappeared. I've PM'ed but no response. I also sent a request for support through FB. I got a reply that they'd help, but again, that's gone quiet.
Have you tried https://forum.bfddrums.com? Drew is also over there, as well as a bunch of Beta testers. Once you set up an account, like here, you need to show some activity before you can PM.
Thanks. I've gone across to that forum to see what information I can get.

Does anyone know if BFD 3.4 works on the Mac silicon M1 chips?

And which drums/kits are included?

The new website is atrocious!

rogue wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:13 pm The new website is atrocious!
The new site is hardly "atrocious". It's not much better worse than your average audio plugin site. Take a chill pill.

Who says I'm not chilling? I am Mr Chill, full of pills, giving the ladies the chills.
"Atrocious" is my fave new hipster word.
And thanks for the very chilled, pertinent and helpful reply.

Return to “Instruments”