FKFX Influx 1.0.1 Update + New Videos

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Some minor problems have been corrected to FKFX Influx :
- Size will be saved in project (as well as last preset loaded)
- User Presets now appear also in User Preset Sub Menu

This update will keep all your current presets the same.

Download links :
OSX
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/4268/f ... _1_pkg.zip
WIN
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/4268/f ... v1_0_1.zip

Feel free to contact Nicolas FKFX.contact << || >> gmail.com if you need help with Install.

Advanced Tutorial Videos will be posted soon on FKFX patreon.

Thank you !

Nicolas
Last edited by FKFX on Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You make great plugs. :tu:

One of my favourite entries in the DC :love:

I don’t get why there is a “wet only” button instead of a “dry/wet” knob. I can work around that design strangeness in Bitwig, but it doesn’t make sense to me…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:10 am I don’t get why there is a “wet only” button instead of a “dry/wet” knob. I can work around that design strangeness in Bitwig, but it doesn’t make sense to me…
phasing issues maybe?

I couldn’t care less. The fx is in the extreme park, even if phasing happens, it would be part of the sound world and be welcome… I even wouldn’t mind to get rid of that button and have it on wet always. That button not activated doesn’t make sense. In most of the presets the original is way too present, and btw the phasing would happen there, if at all, as well…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:10 am I don’t get why there is a “wet only” button instead of a “dry/wet” knob. I can work around that design strangeness in Bitwig, but it doesn’t make sense to me…
There are two kind of uses with Influx:

1/ If you want to glitch an audio loop at some specific timing, WET ONLY should be off, with D/W edit curve set to maximum at that specific time, so you can fully "replace" a part of the loop with the resonator sound.

2/ On the other hand, if you look for original electro new loops, with full disto signal, WET ONLY should be on.

I would also recommand to use the LOCK in preset chooser, you have 3 position, the last one will only lock WET ONLY, so you can browse for a new preset but WET ONLY will remain the same while loading , (in red here):
Capture d’écran 2021-07-08 à 17.12.36.png
Bottom curve does already edit the Dry/Wet, that's why there is no knob for Dry /Wet,but only a "max". This is a very specific feature on Influx.

Nicolas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here are two new videos for using Influx :

FKFX Influx - Presets Pack Install (from Heat Audio) :
https://vimeo.com/571776351

FKFX Influx - Synth & MIDI Tutorial
https://vimeo.com/571793877

Nicolas

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:01 am You make great plugs. :tu:
Thank you a lot !!!

Sorry, I posted this to the general KVRDC2021 thread:

To the makers of FKFX: the one time I managed to get it processing audio, it sounded really great.
However, that was one time out of, perhaps 30 times I've instantiated it.
The plugin loads, the input and output meters show activity, and audio passes through, but it's like it's "dry only." Selecting "wet only" on the interface doesn't produce any change in audio.
I've tested the plugin in REAPER (6.3.0, Windows 10, 64 bit, fully patched), FLStudio, Waveform 11, and Kushview Element.
Also, one of the presets consistently throws an error message when loaded.
reaper_7bMiOSt16j.jpg
HTH
I'm really looking forward to getting this working, because the one time it DID work, it sounded great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

To the makers of FKFX: the one time I managed to get it processing audio, it sounded really great.
However, that was one time out of, perhaps 30 times I've instantiated it.
Sure, we've been reported this once, the simple way to solve this problem :

1.remove this folder : user->yourname->AppData->Roaming->FKFX->FKFX Influx
2.then reinstall the latest 1.0.1 version (you can use direct install for faster install)
3.Re-download and Re-install the 4 Heat Audio Preset Packs from inside plugin (as shown in video)

This problem is coming from a bad zip compression in the first release days of extra presets.

Please contact me at FKFX.contact <<||>> gmail.com if you need any extra help on this !

Nicolas

Great way to install presets, very smart! Thanks and good luck!

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 am I couldn’t care less. The fx is in the extreme park, even if phasing happens, it would be part of the sound world and be welcome… I even wouldn’t mind to get rid of that button and have it on wet always. That button not activated doesn’t make sense. In most of the presets the original is way too present, and btw the phasing would happen there, if at all, as well…
Hi, Ozzy from Heat Audio here. To me, being able to offset the dry/wet curve with a simple knob is a great feature. Without it you would need to go into the curve editor, select all points and move the curve. In my drum presets I would for instance make modulations on the 2 and 4 to create a layered sound on the snare hits. The knob makes it very fast and easy to balance the layer against the dry snare sound.

My god, this thing is incredible. I love it. Used on simple loops or breakbeats and the stuff you can come out with is awesome.

I can see why people asking for a wet/dry knob, but same thing works with gain on the wet part, if you wanna mix them.

Personally wet only is the parallel universe i've been looking for. This got my 5 points for a vote, awesome stuff. Nice one.

EDIT : Cannot drag and drop the HEAT presets into the plugin on Cubase 11 :(
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Just started playing with this in Logic, and I'm blown away.
This gets my top vote!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”