Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Thank you for reporting this bug! Fix is under way...
Thanks,
Attila

The fix for the crash when using the Percussion Generator in the Idea Tool is uploaded now.
It will be officially in the next update, but I don't want new users to download a buggy version so the current v4.2.1 was rebuilt with the fix.

Thanks for reporting it! :tu:
Attila

This is not a specific bug report, but rather a general hint.

RCs UI on VST mode running on lates MacOS with M1 chip hosted on Bitwig (latest version) is quite lagging. Context menues are not responding to latest state. Phrase editor view switches back and forth between composition. Painting notes in phrase editor is a pain as feedback is too slow.

Sorry to be so harsh: To me the software at this stage is unfortunately unuseable although features are unparalleled. Please overhaul the UI. I really would like to use RC, but currently it stops me from being creative, but rather frustrates me.

Hi Cliff,

You expect something that is not supported right now. RC does not support running on the M1 chip yet.
In addition I am working on hardware accelerated UI on macOS, which is top priority. Unfortunately it is more difficult and more work than I first expected.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,
Thx, good to know. Seems then Rosetta2 on-the-fly code translation is in this case the bottleneck. Strange, as In other apps it works without any issues.
For time being then out of luck :-(

With the time signature in the Master Track set to 3/4, and Generators in the phrase browser set to 1 bar, dragging a generator onto a track creates a phrase which is 4 beats long, not 3. Likewise with a time signature of 6/8 a generator of one bar is 8 beats long.

Hi Attila. A couple of possible bugs when using a percussion track / percussion generator:

1. If you change the track type to percussion and then load the SF:RC Dance drums, it changes the track back to normal
2. The defaults are bass drum, snare and hi hat. If I try to change snare to clap, it doesn't refresh the sound after choosing from the list. A work around is to change the offset or sound on/off and the instrument refreshes.

Please see this for example: https://youtu.be/2FJvpn_6rio (unlisted - just for here)

Cheers. Mike.

farken wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm With the time signature in the Master Track set to 3/4, and Generators in the phrase browser set to 1 bar, dragging a generator onto a track creates a phrase which is 4 beats long, not 3. Likewise with a time signature of 6/8 a generator of one bar is 8 beats long.
Hello farken,

you are right, I have fixed this bug. The wrong signature was used, the one in the Idea Tool. v4.2.2 will be uploaded in a few days. Thank you for reporting this!

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Mike,

thanks for reporting the bug with the Percussion Generator. It was introduced in v4.2 when it was reworked, but now the bug is fixed. The fix will be available on Monday in v4.2.2.

RCDrumsDance and other old soundfounts are not included with RC anymore, they were installed for pre v3.1 versions.
In order to fix it, please open RCDrumsDance_GM.sf2.rcINST and replace "function=0" with "function=8".
When using the GeneralUser soundfont - which replaces the other old soundfonts - the drum map is also set up automatically. Of course you can still use any soundfonts. When generating the .rcINST file, RC smartly recognizes percussion instruments by name, so that tracks can be automatically set as percussion or normal tracks. You can override this decision by editing the .rcINST files.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 am Hi Mike,

thanks for reporting the bug with the Percussion Generator. It was introduced in v4.2 when it was reworked, but now the bug is fixed. The fix will be available on Monday in v4.2.2.
Hi Attila. Thanks for the quick fix.
I wasn't aware that the old drums soundfonts were no longer included and I said they were in my latest tutorial :dog: So the right way is to use the GeneralUser and choose drums from there. I'll redo that otherwise it'll confuse everyone who tries to follow along to it.

Will the update include the Markov "Learn" function too ? :)

Cheers.
Mike.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 am Will the update include the Markov "Learn" function too ? :)
Oh I promised that! :dog:
It is implemented but I have not had a chance to test it thoroughly.
Please hold on, I am building a new beta version.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:05 am
Mykyndryd_ wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 am Will the update include the Markov "Learn" function too ? :)
Oh I promised that! :dog:
It is implemented but I have not had a chance to test it thoroughly.
Please hold on, I am building a new beta version.

Thanks!
Attila
Looking forward to seeing what you've done.
Thanks Attila.

I imported nearly 100 phrases into RC from midi with the context menu "Save selected phrases"
For some reason it does not remember latest selected group entry. So I saved a bunch to adagio. Which apears then on the right side in phrase explorer. After I saved a bunch I rename the adgio folder in phrase explorer. I did this with some groups containing a lot of phrases. After restarting RC all of them are lost. It created folders at ...Documents\RapidComposerV4\CustomPhrases\... but all these folder are empty.
Unbenannt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It works when I first change "To Group" input text box. Then Click "save selected phrase".

"Remove" and "Remove all" variations from multiple selected phrases does not work. While I can add variations to multiple selected phrases it does not work to remove them all. It always respects only the first selected container which is very anoing.
Unbenannt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”