Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

The new voice dispersion feature in OB-Xa V is a major new feature and brings it much closer to Obsession in terms of simulating discrete voice cards. I actually prefer it over the implementation in Obsession now, because you don't have to go in and tweak each voice individually, one dispersion trimmer acts in different ways on each voice. Though if you're a control freak, I guess Obsession still wins.

yeah, in fact it's the thing I'm most excited with 8.1, OB-Xa V got a major update and sounds now much better (there were other changes as well, for example with the envelope behaviour), this made it an instant favourite of mine.

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:55 pm Although if 7 to 9 is going to be 349 maybe 149 for 7 to 8 now is more attractive given the extra year of access.

Of course I don’t have to have em all! :scared:
They're hoping for more customers like you and fewer customers like me. I find it more interesting to watch the game than participate in it.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:57 pm The new voice dispersion feature in OB-Xa V is a major new feature and brings it much closer to Obsession in terms of simulating discrete voice cards. I actually prefer it over the implementation in Obsession now, because you don't have to go in and tweak each voice individually, one dispersion trimmer acts in different ways on each voice. Though if you're a control freak, I guess Obsession still wins.
I'm confused, from day one of release the OB-Xa V has had per-voice panning (in the hidden pop up area) with overall amount controlled by the Spread knob. It's always been there...
How is that any different than Obsession, which also offers per-voice panning? And frankly, it's much easier & faster to dial it in in OB-Xa because you don't have to keep selecting each voice individually and then move the mouse across the entire diagonal length of the interface to reach the pan knob, for each and every voice (I really, truly hate this about Obsession). I like how OB-Xa is like Repro-5 in this regard, with a simple row of pan knobs right next to each other for fast voice panning.

EDIT -- aha, sorry, just found the new dispersion panel, Awesome!! totally didn't know it was there :)

Always get a chuckle when they cut 'n paste a somewhat ironic typo across every one of the updates.
Irony.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

It's great to finally have NKS support for the new instruments. They also recently added full NKS support for the entire FX Collection as well. I wish they would get in the habit of having the NKS presets ready on launch day instead of getting around to it 6–8 months later.

The OB-Xa V update is great. While it was possible to use the Stereo spread mode to introduce per-voice variation before, that method is very CPU intensive (though it does sound great). Simple voice dispersion does the trick quite nicely. Looks like they brought it over from Jup-8 V4.
Stormchild

Though voice dispersion will get most of the attention, in the new OB-XA V update, their "CPU consumption has been improved" statement is somewhat modest. IE CPU's, that were crackling beyond 8 voices, will often now likely be able to use all 16 notes of polyphony without issues.

Voice dispersion sounds nice. I am editing all my sounds and almost every one sounds better with this new feature.

Where is the new 128 presets bank? I don't see it anywhere.

Didn't they rework all of the Presets? 3:39 according to this they we're https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegtaDHF4Ss I love the pitch dispersion , Closer to what Sequential did with Vintage mode for my OB-6.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

For me Jup-V8 and Analog Lab 5 are not showing up on my NKS Keyboard. (Don't have the other newer ones yet).

hope to get back the old macros from Analog Lab V4, for advanced controll of these synths. The new macros are useless i can map these 4 parameters also in ableton within seconds. The old macros are an advanced selection of best prefered paremeters and very usefull to edit the sound.
Also a preset converter for old jupiter V3 would be cool. There have been tons of sound since 2006 for Jupiter and now they are all incompatible and it's a lot of work to input all these parameters of a preset again, which will never sound the same, because of other effects and the lack of split mode.

The video says there are new presets (a collection called "NewTerritory"), but they don't seem to be included with the updates. Instead, there's a new preset bank called "New Horizons" ($20) available on Arturia's site. I guess they decided to charge money for those presets.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:58 am The video says there are new presets (a collection called "NewTerritory"), but they don't seem to be included with the updates. Instead, there's a new preset bank called "New Horizons" ($20) available on Arturia's site. I guess they decided to charge money for those presets.
Strange stuff going on with that New Horizons preset. I decided to finally upgrade from V7 to V8.1 because the current $149 is apparently as cheap as it gets.
With the upgrade I received a separate email about a New Horizons registration. It contained these instructions:
Get your sound bank ready to use:

First make sure your computer is connected to the internet and that the Arturia Software Center is installed and up to date.

If the sound bank is for Polybrute:
If you haven't already, register your Polybrute.
Go to the product section of your account page.
Find your Polybrute and click on Polybrute Connect's download link if you don't have it already.
Find your sound bank and click on the download link to get the installer file.
Launch the installers and follow all the steps.
From this moment, your sound bank will be available in the preset browser of Polybrute Connect.

You own Analog Lab or Analog Lab Lite:
Launch it
Go in the in-app store
Find your sound bank and click on the “Install” button that replaced the previous “Buy” button.
Once it is done, the button will be replaced by the mention “Installed”
From this moment, this sound bank will be available in the preset browser of Analog Lab and the other Arturia virtual instruments related to your sound bank.

You do not own Analog Lab or Analog Lab Lite:
Go to the product section of your account page
Find your sound bank and click on the download link to get the installer file.
Launch the installer and follow all the steps.
From this moment, this sound bank will be available in the preset browser of the Arturia virtual instruments related to your sound bank.
I tried the second option but the sound bank was not there in the in-app store.
Then I downloaded it from my account and installed. I suppose it did but I still cannot see it as a separate bank in Analog Lab.

Edit: I did find it as a separate bank under the individual instruments.

gondii wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:50 pm For me Jup-V8 and Analog Lab 5 are not showing up on my NKS Keyboard. (Don't have the other newer ones yet).
Analog Lab V is (still) not NKS compatible.

For Jup-8 V4, is it showing up fine in the Komplete Kontrol software?

If not, just go to Komplete Kontrol software preferences and scan the plugin/s again (manually). It also happened to me (V3 and V4 got messed up in KK software, don't have their keyboard), possibly because I opened Komplete Kontrol in my DAW before opening it in standalone mode to scan the new installation. So, just rescan it and you should be good to go. Hopefully it is related to the plugin now showing up on your keyboard, as well.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:41 am Looks like 8.1 is out. :hyper: ASC is full of updates. Also, NKS support is now available for all the newer plugins. :party:

Hopefully it has addressed the issues we have been facing.

A big thanks to Arturia. Well appreciated. :clap:

EDIT: Unfortunately, my issues are not fixed. Not even one. Damn it. I wonder what the support was doing when they kept me assuring that it will be fixed soon. :dog: Totally disappointed. This is not the update I was looking for. Except NKS, nothing is worth bothering.
What issues do you have with current version ?

Return to “Instruments”