PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Niowiad wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:52 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:58 pm What possible reason would there be to have the coarse range at lower half of the slider when horizontal but have it at the upper half of the range when vertical?
I wrote him about that (and about a lighter GUI color scheme too) right after product launch.
He said it's based on the idea of decimal numbers representation, but he also said he's aware it doesn't translate too well or intuitively to vertical faders.

Take for example the decimal number "2.7"
On the left side of the decimal point you have the bigger value (coarse adjustment), and on the right you have the smaller value (fine adjustment).

And if you had to to write it vertically it would be like:

Since he explained that to me, it quickly changed how I look at those faders and I don't get confused anymore.
Although I would definitely prefer the classic (in my view, more intuitive) way of thinking higher value on right/up and lower value on left/down.
And I guess (then told him) it could be possibly made optional for the user.

Anyway, I've only just played with the demo, and I'll finally buy it whenever it'll come with a light theme which doesn't hurt my eyes after 2 minutes of tweaking parameters.
I know many people don't have this problem but I unfortunately do.
He wrote "I'll see what I can do about that". :phones:
Oh ok, that's strange logic, but at least I have way of looking at it now to remember, thanks!

crickey13 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:37 pm
p1afff wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:06 pm Plasmonic has been available since several months. You can even find a demo. Look for rhizomatic.fr
The KVR database is wrong then, it says the plugin has yet to be released. Thanks.
jancivil wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:11 pm copy projection is a key Rhizomatic emails you, run it either standalone or plugin and enter it in the dialog
So a good, ol' key file. Nice. :tu:
Would you need a date, I have an « available now » email on December 22nd
Philippe

Is this still on version 1.0.0?
I don't see a support link on the site.

Yes, it's still version 1.0.0 as far as I can see. The support link is right at the top of the screen when I view it in Chrome:

https://rhizomatic.fr/index.php/contact/

thank you

so the developer, i have still my eye on Plasmonic, has didn't do much after the release? or is he slowly developing for the next update, with precision?

i am reading here about some problems. which does not interfere with the 'fun', you can have with Plasmonic..

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:02 pm so the developer, i have still my eye on Plasmonic, has didn't do much after the release? or is he slowly developing for the next update, with precision?

i am reading here about some problems. which does not interfere with the 'fun', you can have with Plasmonic..
I sent an email to the developer and he mentioned he is working on an update... no timetable asked or offered.

About what problems are you talking?

Yes, curious to hear these problems too. What I heard the most was :
- I don’t like the color/ UI
- I don’t like the « faders » instead of knobs
Philippe

page 77, nasty artifacts. oversampling seems to help, so.. but.. o wel.. for some things..
of course, if you see the page, they can be used. but if you don't want to, or don't like them, mostly i do, but i have my moments, that i don't, i want to choose..

and thanks @pdxindy!

the UI is great, for me.

page 77? what is it, bro?

gunnar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm page 77? what is it, bro?
Page 77 here, @Gunnar
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:19 pm
gunnar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm page 77? what is it, bro?
Page 77 here, @Gunnar
aahhhh, thank you....:)

i was thinking of some special preset called "page 77"
:hihi:

what's "the page 77 problem"? my manual only goes up to page40

edit--
aaaah page77 of this thread...

were these artefacts reported to Brian the programmer? Did he respond?

Return to “Instruments”