OMNISPHERE 2.5 Slow GUI after update?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Anything else in the release notes for 2.7? I'm on a loaner laptop waiting for my Macbook to be repaired, so I don't dare download and reauthorize. Can't find any info about 2.7 on the website.

teilo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 pm Anything else in the release notes for 2.7? I'm on a loaner laptop waiting for my Macbook to be repaired, so I don't dare download and reauthorize. Can't find any info about 2.7 on the website.
You need to log in and it's in the downloads area under version history. But to save clicking:
Omnisphere Software 2.7.0f
Includes the following:
• Adds VST3 plugin version
• Adds native support for Apple Silicon M1 Macs
• Adds a ninth audio output bus, labeled "OUT I" in the Output Assignment
menu for each Part on the Mixer page
• Fixes issue where Browser-learns restored from a saved DAW project did
not ignore the "Load Current MIDI Assignments With Multi" user preference
• Fixes crash when non-Omnisphere files were dropped in the Layer pane
• Fixes crash when files were dropped onto the Splash pane
• Fixes crash related to clicking on patch in browser while MIDI-CC learning
is in progress
• Fixes bug where Arpeggiator sequences failed to playback correctly after
loading a saved DAW project
• Fixes bug where assigning Ratings for Multis in Trilian & Trilogy libraries
did not save properly
* Fixes issue where the Orb Recording feature did not function properly.
* Fixes parameter synchronization issues with the OmniTR app.
• Fixes sustain pedal noise issue: If key tracking is used as a mod source,
sustain pedal actions could interfere with the filter envelope
• Fixes issue where the first note played after loading a DAW project
sometimes produced silent or corrupted audio
• Fixes issue where sustain pedal could kill active notes when polyphony
("Voices") limit set to 1
• Improves parameter names for host automation. Adds space between part
number and param name e.g. "8Pan" -> "8 Pan"
• Improves alert message wording when user drops a non-share-archive file
into plugin GUI
• Fix issues with the Sound Lock feature's "Lock All" and "Clear All" options
• Fixes bug where using host automation with the Arpeggiator On/Off
parameter could mute the audio output of the plugin.
• Fixes issue where typing into the Tag Editor did not work in some Windows
DAWs.
Some kind soul had to point out to me why we need a 9th output in an 8 part plugin, where you can't determine the output of the rack effects. The rack effects always are routed to A. This way you can now keep them separate in the DAW from 8 other parts.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I wonder if they will ever actually make it multi-touch compatible, like they advertised at 2.5...

It's interesting that they don't mention any GUI performance improvements in Windows, but so far, I'm seeing a huge improvement. Prior to this version, if the Omni GUI was open, my DAW's meters would operate at like 3 frames per second. Now it just feels normal.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 pm It's interesting that they don't mention any GUI performance improvements in Windows, but so far, I'm seeing a huge improvement. Prior to this version, if the Omni GUI was open, my DAW's meters would operate at like 3 frames per second. Now it just feels normal.
Still VST2? Or VST3?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:42 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 pm It's interesting that they don't mention any GUI performance improvements in Windows, but so far, I'm seeing a huge improvement. Prior to this version, if the Omni GUI was open, my DAW's meters would operate at like 3 frames per second. Now it just feels normal.
Still VST2? Or VST3?
I only checked on VST2 with Omnisphere and Keyscape. It looks like there was a build I missed that included fixes relating to Windows and scaled GUI's, which maybe was the fix. I keep my Omni/Keyscape UI's at 1.2x.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:11 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:42 pm
Still VST2? Or VST3?
I only checked on VST2 with Omnisphere and Keyscape. It looks like there was a build I missed that included fixes relating to Windows and scaled GUI's, which maybe was the fix. I keep my Omni/Keyscape UI's at 1.2x.
Oh yeah I do remember there being issues when the scale was not 1x, so I juts kept it at 1x. Didn't realize there was a specific fix for that either.

VST3 top of the list. You can't auto update you need to login to your account.

I have had this in the past, where an update makes the problem go away, then it seems to creep back over time, so I think the jury is out as to whether or not this is a permanent fix given that there's no mention in the changelog. But TS-12's experiences a few post up are interesting, that it was adding 3rd party patches that slowed it down - I have a ton of those, but it's fast again with 2.7. Hard to know what conclusions to draw, really.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Okay, so I was not the only one who felt so when using it in FL Studio (using 2.6 as my first ever version). Looking forward to 2.7 and hoping the slow (lagging) GUI problem will subside.

updated to version 2.7, same issue both in VST2 and VST3
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:31 pm updated to version 2.7, same issue both in VST2 and VST3
You mean you're still having slow GUI issues?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:44 pm
TS-12 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:31 pm updated to version 2.7, same issue both in VST2 and VST3
You mean you're still having slow GUI issues?
yes
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

I wonder if they are working on adding more to the list of hardware integration synths? At the moment I only have one hardware synth but I still appreciate the sounds/presets they include in Omnisphere for them.

Return to “Instruments”