Are DAWs Today Just Boring ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig’s got a built in modular system. If that’s not exciting then perhaps you’re dead.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

How did Bach and Mozart write any music at all with the boring tools of their day?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:46 pm Bitwig’s got a built in modular system. If that’s not exciting then perhaps you’re dead.
Don't forget the sweet E-Cowbell... boy now that's not boring. :clown:

jamcat wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:00 pm How did Bach and Mozart write any music at all with the boring tools of their day?
Their tools were not boring:
Mechanism.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Sounds like the honeymoon is over...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

The real question is why do so many DAW users spend more time writing about them on the internet than make music with them? Including counting or trashing features that they would never use?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:16 am The real question is why do so many DAW users spend more time writing about them on the internet than make music with them? Including counting or trashing features that they would never use?
attention seekers? :shrug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Try Scaler 2.4 with whatever DAW you have - you might write a song. Now that's exciting!

i want dennis hopper to phone me, and say "if you don't finish a track in the next eight minutes * there's a bomb in your computer that will explode. complete and upload a track in the allotted time, and ill give you a code to disarm the bomb, your allotted time, begins now".

* - i like 8, you can pick your own time limit i guess.

syntonica wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:02 am Sounds like the honeymoon is over...
That's been pretty visible for 1+ year. Hope he won't move to Bitwig, because we're doomed then ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:34 pm
That's been pretty visible for 1+ year. Hope he won't move to Bitwig, because we're doomed then ;)
you don't want a 3d overlay for your wig?

Considering that i'm sure he already has blueprints for optimizing Bitwig's UI in his drawer (since 1990 or so), I think you could only benefit from that!

vurt wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:40 pm
you don't want a 3d overlay for your wig?
chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:42 pm
Considering that i'm sure he already has blueprints for optimizing Bitwig's UI in his drawer (since 1990 or so), I think you could only benefit from that!

Now that you guys mentioned it! :love:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

@licasto2

I didn't notice the tool wrenches were visible to public viewing on my site, as I normally see them when I login. I've now fixed this so the site looks the way it supposed to. :-)

Blackstone theme is shown, available from the Styliser button > dropdown menu.

Enlarge

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

ombré is passé ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”