Live 11 'Lite' gets an update and now has MPE!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:57 pm Anyone thought about what would greats actually do if someone got back in time and handed them something like M1 Air loaded with all these amazing modern tools we got on our disposal?
They would reject it as its too cheap. But if you’d offer it for 30000, they would praise it as the perfect tool and let their assistants learn it, but don’t forget to print out the internet before your time travel…

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:57 pm Anyone thought about what would greats actually do if someone got back in time and handed them something like M1 Air loaded with all these amazing modern tools we got on our disposal?
Stockhausen would've thought you're an alien from Sirius. Hmmm...

Downloaded it. Tried using it. Gave up (again).
I just don't get on with Live :( .

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:42 am Downloaded it. Tried using it. Gave up (again).

Grum.
Been there, it took maybe five tries before I settled in. It's different, that's for sure. I kept trying because I like the visual simplicity when you tuck everything away.

Grumbleweed wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:42 am Downloaded it. Tried using it. Gave up (again).

Grum.
Yeah, same here, been doing that at least for a decade now, not for me, on other hand when I first tired Bitwig everything just made perfect sense, fast forward few years, it's my main and only DAW.

Grum.
That's pretty much how it is for me as well. Fair enough.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:01 am
They would reject it as its too cheap. But if you’d offer it for 30000, they would praise it as the perfect tool and let their assistants learn it, but don’t forget to print out the internet before your time travel…
Screw them, I would stay there and pioneer every EDM sub genre. :lol:

Grum.
It would be interesting to know what you find so hard about Live ?

The linear view is pretty much like most DAWs and pretty easy to understand. The session view can take a bit of fathoming out, but once you get it then it becomes a great looping tool both for recording and playing back. Its worth sticking with it and watching some videos that explain how it works.

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Grum.
Yeah, same here, been doing that at least for a decade now, not for me, on other hand when I first tired Bitwig everything just made perfect sense, fast forward few years, it's my main and only DAW.
As Bitwig is largely a clone of Live with a few added extras I find it puzzling how you understand one and not the other. ?

dellboy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Grum.
As Bitwig is largely a clone of Live with a few added extras I find it puzzling how you understand one and not the other. ?
Same as people who swear and breath Studio One, those added extras solved problems I got with it in first place and than it developed into own special thing, I understand Live, it's not my cup of tea. I mean here we have people using 5 DAW's, I could do that too, but I'm happy with one that suits me the most, if MuLab had faster development, think I would get into it instead, but it's not going to happen at this development pace, only if someone in 5 years from now, return back time for 10 years and leave only MuLab at his current state, than it would make sense over Bitwig.

If anyone wants my copy of Live Lite 11, shoot me PM. :tu:

Bitwig, Live and Reason are great for noodling around but actually getting anything productive done in them is quite difficult in my experience.

hoxclab wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:52 am Bitwig, Live and Reason are great for noodling around but actually getting anything productive done in them is quite difficult in my experience.
Not in mine and know handful of people that do large and full blown projects in Live, there's plenty of famous ones that do the same too, if anything Live is praised for having amazing and to the point workflow, which I agree in case of Bitwig, but know Live is as good. If anything it offers even faster workflow than Logic and Cubase ever did to me, I don't get suck in with distractions just because they are there, it works the same way as Logic if you want to, but you have option to be creative if you want to too. I don't use Grid, modulators and such, I don't patch things around, there's nothing Bitwig can't do as far as my workflow is concerned, it does basic things even more straightforward, even today when Logic pretty much looks like Bitwig, it still can take few cue's from it.

Don't know why you feel FL is anything more productive than those, having that piano roll and step input solutions isn't really end all of workflow solutions, Logic got those and some more, there's really nothing else in FL that can challenge Bitwig or Logic, so it's just your highly personal preference and knowledge, which is fine, but that isn't enough to go around and troll Bitwig and Live threads slamming them for being toys, it's you who can't work in them, DAW's are perfectly capable for anyone that is capable of finishing tracks.

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:02 am
hoxclab wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:52 am Bitwig, Live and Reason are great for noodling around but actually getting anything productive done in them is quite difficult in my experience.
Not in mine and know handful of people that do large and full blown projects in Live, there's plenty of famous ones that do the same too, if anything Live is praised for having amazing and to the point workflow, which I agree in case of Bitwig, but know Live is as good. If anything it offers even faster workflow than Logic and Cubase ever did to me, I don't get suck in with distractions just because they are there, it works the same way as Logic if you want to, but you have option to be creative if you want to too. I don't use Grid, modulators and such, I don't patch things around, there's nothing Bitwig can't do as far as my workflow is concerned, it does basic things even more straightforward, even today when Logic pretty much looks like Bitwig, it still can take few cue's from it.

Don't know why you feel FL is anything more productive than those, having that piano roll and step input solutions isn't really end all of workflow solutions, Logic got those and some more, there's really nothing else in FL that can challenge Bitwig or Logic, so it's just your highly personal preference and knowledge, which is fine, but that isn't enough to go around and troll Bitwig and Live threads slamming them for being toys, it's you who can't work in them, DAW's are perfectly capable for anyone that is capable of finishing tracks.
Hence why I finished my statement with in my experience. :lol:

Great, glad we established that. :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”