Delay plugins that can load 3rd party plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Besides Blue Cat Late Replies are there other delay plugins that can load plugins (input/feedback loop/output)? I'd like to create some of my own delays using the plugins I already have.

yes, voltage modular does that.
peace and love for all.

Grodada wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:06 am yes, voltage modular does that.
Am I right that you need Voltage Modular Core? This seems to be the only version with the Plug-in Host module.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 am
Am I right that you need Voltage Modular Core? This seems to be the only version with the Plug-in Host module.
Could you not get the free version and then just buy that module?

Another modular subhost with delay components of various kinds is Plogue Bidule

MUX can also do it, via the Modular Feedback Delay.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at those.

So Late Replies is the only delay plugin that can host 3rd party plugins?

In a world where most hosts can create racks with multiple 3rd party delays running serial or parallel, is there a big market for it?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:12 pm Thanks guys. I'll take a look at those.

yes. writing a plugin host is vastly harder and more complex than writing a delay.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well, not really a plugin but Bitwigs factory delays (and several other of it's effects like the reverb) can host other devices - including plugins - in their feedback path.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:41 pm Well, not really a plugin but Bitwigs factory delays (and several other of it's effects like the reverb) can host other devices - including plugins - in their feedback path.
That is a cool feature, but I make all my beats in the Maschine standalone. Maybe if they'd let you load Bitwig as a plugin like FL Studio or Reason...
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:12 pm Thanks guys. I'll take a look at those.

yes. writing a plugin host is vastly harder and more complex than writing a delay.
I can imagine that. Late Replies certainly is an impressive plugin, but it doesn't seem to be the right plugin for me. So I was hoping for an alternative. It doesn't have to be an advanced delay plugin with extensive features. Something like Dead Duck MonoDelay would already be cool if you could add your own plugins to the input/feedback loop/output. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 am
it is indeed true, that Voltage Modular Core includes the Plug-in Host Module.
the Core, especially via jrrshop, or other resellers, is quite cheap in sale. in euros, very cheap.

runs quite well with Maschine by the way.

and buy the Mod Delay from Insomniac Music... with it... and make your own delay/reverb...

what is included in the Core, i can't really remember..

perhaps the problem: the psp ultimate bundle + mod delay, gives all you need, to make your own effects... and you down the rabbit hole...

but only the Core + Plug-in host, the reason i bought it, to make effects, is already great.

Voltage Modular is in no way a delay plugin. It is a modular host that can load 3rd party plugins (including delays, of course) - just like VCV, Reason, Magma and others...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:36 pm
Voltage Modular is in no way a delay plugin. It is a modular host that can load 3rd party plugins (including delays, of course) - just like VCV, Reason, Magma and others...
Well, in a way it is, but you have to patch it together, certainly more than no way… And much more than any fixed plugin could possibly be…

You can already do this is in hosts like reaper and ableton , making a feedback loop between tracks .
Just insert your delay ( with NO FEEDback on ) + whatever frequency shifter or effect on the same track .
The output level of the track defines the feedback level ,might also want to insert a liniter of soft distortion curve .
You then create another track and route the output of the feedback looped tracks into this new one .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Effects”