Arturia Moog Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcdonalk wrote:... loud distorted sound blasts from my speakers (or headphones, which presents an even greater threat). ...As a result, I hardly ever use it.Keith
Well, I just noticed different volume levels between certain patches but that's more or less with every synth I've used, even hardware.

But thanks for the warning, I'll take care of my ears now!
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

TiUser wrote:I am not sure why Arturia got the bad customer service reputation, up to now it's not that bad.
Glad to hear you will get a solution for the problem!
+1 Nothing wrong with Arturia's support as far as I can tell.
Kind regards,
Andreas

It might have been down to their forums. There was a long and scatological rant from Trent Reznor..generally it seems they didn't keep an eye on the forums. They are not alone. I can't understand why companies don't think of the problems they can cause before putting them up.

There are also one (or two) MMV yahoo groups but they seem to be largely spam these days.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Hi.
Just an intermediate message, there are two news, a good and a bad one...

The good news is, Arturia cares about cutomers... I got confirmation that my voucher for the promo instrument is still valid. :help:

The bad news is I still can't get access to license download... :cry:

EDIT: [PROBLEM SOLVED, it was not Arturias fault...] :hihi:
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Digging up an old thread....

Because of the Memorymode thread I got remembered, that I used the (Moog) ModularV a lot in the 2000s, but than I stopped using it at some point. But why?! I can't remember until today, it was because of the v2.5 update. The filter sound changed, and it was no longer the same synth for me. Today I would fix this problem probably with an EQ.

I'm curios, is anyone still using Arturia ModularV?

I don't USE it so much, but definitely play about with it some days for fun. I feel it sounds fine and represents the MODULAR well enough. I'd never buy a real one, so this is fantastic to me. Everyone should MIX their synths to personal taste instead of writing it off as not good enough because it is not an exact 1000% replica of something they would never own in the first place. :D Didn't notice the filter change, not worried about. Arturia has made a bunch of improvements to the sound over the years, so that is fine.

Is there a better Moog Modular vst out there?

I use it. I've used a real Moog Modular as well (system 10) and minimoogs (I have one). I don't obsess about emulation accuracy as long as in general the plugin sounds like the original hardware. For the most part all Arturia emus are in the ballpark which is good enough for me.

I am unware of another Moog Modular plugin other than the Moog products on iOS.

Rastkovic wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:45 pm Digging up an old thread....

Because of the Memorymode thread I got remembered, that I used the (Moog) ModularV a lot in the 2000s, but than I stopped using it at some point. But why?! I can't remember until today, it was because of the v2.5 update. The filter sound changed, and it was no longer the same synth for me. Today I would fix this problem probably with an EQ.

I'm curios, is anyone still using Arturia ModularV?
Arturia has some awesome presets for the Modular V

wwjd wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:53 pm Is there a better Moog Modular vst out there?
There was Pulsar Modular (https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/p ... nthesizer/), which is an amazing synth, but its future is uncertain.
Yorgos Simeonidis

the Pulsar Modular is quite expensive... don't know the capabilities or the sound.

me like the Arturia Modular V, amazing, timbre rich sounds it can produce. pretty capable, for my work. or pretty capable, extremely capable.

an alternative could be: XSRDO Analogy;

https://xsrdo.blogspot.com/

If you are too expensive the future is uncertain of course. If they would divide their price by three, they would sell more than 3 times the licenses, if they divided it by 4 or more, they would sell 10 times more licenses. The future sometimes relies on simple non-euclidean math…

I like some of their older versions of synths. Jupiter V2 sounded awesome, just maybe didn't sound that much like a Jupiter 8. V3 sounded worse. V4 sounds very good but I wish I could use V2 too, it just sounded like a unique softsynths regardless of how accurate the emulation was. I think to use it now I need some old pace dongle or something, I don't think there's unlocked versions of their old synths :(

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:09 am I like some of their older versions of synths. Jupiter V2 sounded awesome, just maybe didn't sound that much like a Jupiter 8. V3 sounded worse. V4 sounds very good but I wish I could use V2 too, it just sounded like a unique softsynths regardless of how accurate the emulation was. I think to use it now I need some old pace dongle or something, I don't think there's unlocked versions of their old synths :(
Exactly what I'm saying, it would be nice to have the ModularV 2.2 sound back.

A legacy mode would be an option, but chances are not so good, that this will happen....

In my Arturia Software Center, all I'd need to do is activate my owned license of V Collection 3, and click INSTALL to reinstall JUPITER V2. I've had a couple jups installed for a while. They didn't overwrite, worked fine.

I use modular v. On modern systems the CPU is negligible. It can do some funny"self playing" patches as well as best little sequences. It's one of my favorite of the arturia V synths.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”