Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

Ive always thought NI's model for upgrades makes most sense. If a user cant justify upgrading one version then they may well upgrade next time when they get two versions worth for the same price. Then even more incentive for the third version. Keeps the customers on board regardless of their disposable income. Charging more money the further someone gets behind just means adding more reason to bail out / jump ship.

I'm hoping v7 to v8 will be 99 by end of the year, if not then like others I'll just be going for the occasional single instrument.

Psyclapse wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:51 pm Ive always thought NI's model for upgrades makes most sense. If a user cant justify upgrading one version then they may well upgrade next time when they get two versions worth for the same price. Then even more incentive for the third version. Keeps the customers on board regardless of their disposable income. Charging more money the further someone gets behind just means adding more reason to bail out / jump ship.

I'm hoping v7 to v8 will be 99 by end of the year, if not then like others I'll just be going for the occasional single instrument.
Good point, and something I appreciate a lot, too. With NI, the upgrades/updates are insanely no-brainer, especially considering you pay the same price even if you are upgrading/updating from Komplete 2! :o Komplete is the best value for money. Period.

Hoping for $99 for VC8 upgrade during Black Friday too. Unlikely, and the last opportunity until which to keep our hopes alive.

Speaking of NI and Arturia. None of the new NKS instruments are showing up for me in maschine even after the update and a rescan within maschine. On Mac.

Not a chance I'll be paying 350 to upgrade from v6, I've seen the full collection on sale cheaper than that! I've been with arturia since the start and always upgraded when the current collection is nearing its end-of-life, usually for 99. I was happy to do that whether I wanted the new instruments or not.

It's their business, they make great software (apart from lab 5, blurgh), and they deserve to be paid for what they do. The new pricing scheme is obviously working for them so they can get by without my 99 every couple of years :?

Out of interest, what upgrade price is offered to owners of V5? Is the price progressively increased the lower the version you're on?

m-ac wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:53 am ...
Out of interest, what upgrade price is offered to owners of V5? Is the price progressively increased the lower the version you're on?

Same upgrade price for my copy of vc 5 as upgrading from v 6 (for me). $349. No price difference

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 am
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:08 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am It still took Analog Lab V at least one minute to load.

... check if reseting the preset index does help : To update the preset index you need to delete a specific temp file called "db.db3".
I'd say that loading times have been halved since deleting the database file and allowing ALV to rescan on startup. 30 seconds is better than 60 seconds but it's still a long time to wait.

It takes about 6.5 seconds for Bus FORCE FX to load.
So, the story is .... the presets are slowing down loading times. There is not a lot that can be done to improve the situation with the current VST builds. So support have taken note for a future update to their plugins.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

this whole "we're gonna charge you an arm and leg if you fall behind at all" model is super unappealing to me... I'll stick with TAL J8 and Sampler rather than Jup V and Emulator 2 V I guess...

I don't get Arturias new ripoff model and drastic drop in support. They don't care about the customers who stuck by them for years, and think $350 is a fair upgrade price for mediocre upgrades. They would rather spend a lot marketing to new customers rather than respect long term customers who stayed with them despite some hiccups over the years. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for an upgrade on day one, and $99 late cycle. I've already bought the collection once, and upgraded three times. I'm sure a shift to a hefty subscription will be their next move.

They can charge whatever they want for their upgrades. It's their company. I can refuse to be ripped off and given poor service. I bought U-He and TAL synths on sale instead, and think they bury Arturia for sound quality and support. In a way Arturia helped me discover a better fit for my needs. It's not about the money, but the value, and respect for my time too.

What I don't get is Arturia "support". All of my plugins randomly stopped working in the winter. One day to the next with no system changes. I normally check for updates monthly, but suddenly nothing worked despite being registered. The ASC program became useless. I uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times. I had over 20 emails back and forth with "support", and no less than three Arturia "techs" tried to figure it out to no resolution. In the end I got Pigments working again, and the VST versions of some of the effects, and they asked me how I did it. None of my paid versions of V-Collection 4, 5, and 6 works anymore. I've de-registered and re-registered them numerous times at their "techs" request.

Plugins from other developers had no issues. Arturia "support" gave me a free effect for the trouble and gave up. Their tech support is about as helpful as an Apple Genius. My lost time wasn't worth anything to them. Keep in mind the effects suite was up to date and they still couldn't fix it. Why would I spend more for that kind of service? I know I can't be the only user with these issues.

I can wait out crazy pricing, but poor service and plugin quality on top of it is inexcusable.

junewolf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:13 pm None of my paid versions of V-Collection 4, 5, and 6 works anymore. I've de-registered and re-registered them numerous times at their "techs" request.
Did the standalone versions work eventually, or was it just within your DAW that they weren't working? I was just curious as I have never had issues with their plugins.

price concerns... seeing as most for sale VSTi go for averages of $80 to $199 (ish), looking at my Arturia spending over the years, each Arturia plugin price is about $18 for me. That is super cheap to me for a GREAT looking, fun to use, fine sounding plugin, in my book. Other's experiences may vary. I always bought updates in decent sales that were going on.

Love the collection. Maybe the sound is not 1000% perfection to an original unit, but it is totally musically fine and useable, and saves me a metric ton of space and repair costs. For the price of one good hardware synth, I have a huge historical snapshot of functioning synthesizers.

Now is a good time to get those individual synths: 50% off individual software products and presets at Arturia.

wwjd wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:34 pm price concerns... seeing as most for sale VSTi go for averages of $80 to $199 (ish), looking at my Arturia spending over the years, each Arturia plugin price is about $18 for me. That is super cheap to me for a GREAT looking, fun to use, fine sounding plugin, in my book. Other's experiences may vary. I always bought updates in decent sales that were going on.

Love the collection. Maybe the sound is not 1000% perfection to an original unit, but it is totally musically fine and useable, and saves me a metric ton of space and repair costs. For the price of one good hardware synth, I have a huge historical snapshot of functioning synthesizers.
Great. I'm willing to bet that some people see this a bit differently. The last two versions have had 3 and 4 new synth/keyboard emulations respectively. So, in essence, to upgrade for $349 you are paying about $50 each for the new synths. In fairness, a little bit less because you are also getting some upgrades of other synths. Had people purchased the V7 and V8 upgrades at their cheapest prices, it may have cost less than that, I'm not sure, I wasn't tracking them that closely.

However, here's the real rub. For those of us with extensive collections, the last two updates have been ho-hum. Maybe you get excited about an OB-XA emulation or a Juno 6 emulation. But these are fairly limited synths in their own right and so they're just not that interesting. For me, the most interesting new synth is the Casio, and I just don't care that much.

So, $349 for seven hohum emulations just isn't a value proposition that's appealing to me. Now, had they kept their old model and eventually offered the upgrade for $99 for some very short window, I'd pay that to stay updated every two or so releases.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yep, I completely understand and respect different takes. I'd never pay that for a couple new synths that weren't interesting to me. Was just voicing my experience with all this. :)

Examigan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 pm
junewolf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:13 pm None of my paid versions of V-Collection 4, 5, and 6 works anymore. I've de-registered and re-registered them numerous times at their "techs" request.
Did the standalone versions work eventually, or was it just within your DAW that they weren't working? I was just curious as I have never had issues with their plugins.
Standalone stopped too. V Collection synths were fine one day, and then never worked again in DAW or standalone. I don't remember if the ASC program was updated, but any version since has the same problem. I also tried downloading directly from the website and bypassing ASC with the same result.

The weird thing is Pigments started working again after reinstalling it, and some of the effects would work in Ableton 10 as VST, but none work as AUs anymore. I gave up when Arturia did. It's not worth my time to troubleshoot their issues. I don't know why I seem to be the only one with this issue, but it's not user error given my tech history. I cut my losses and moved on to better plugins for me. When I upgrade my ancient late 2013 MacBook Pro to a silicon Mac Mini I'll try again. Nothing else is having issues though - just Arturia.

Jup-8 V4 and Stage-73 V2 upgrades can be had for $15 (in cart) each if you already own the V Collection that has the previous versions. At least it is the case for V Collection 7. I bought them last time only, but nice to see the deal again for anyone who missed out.

Return to “Instruments”