VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Q: When will it be available?
A: In early September

Q: How much will it cost?
A: The price will be lowered from $99 to €59 / $69 from August till December 2021.

Q: How much does the upgrade to v3.x cost?
A: The upgrade is free for all Saurus users.

Q: Why does the website still show Saurus2?
A: It still has not been updated. Saurus3 is still not released.

Q: Do my old songs and patches created with Saurus1/2 still work in Saurus3?
A: Yes.

Q: Do the old skins still work?
A: The skins are not longer officially supported with Saurus3. We do not recommend to use them any longer. However they still work on PC if you use the small size of the GUI. On Mac it might not longer work, since Apple has introduced Digital Signatures for installers and apps.

tonymax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am I can only see saurus 2.6 on their website... am i missing someting...
"Available soon" might give you a valuable clue.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

tonymax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am I can only see saurus 2.6 on their website... am i missing someting...
Topic „available soon“.

Saurus is the only missing synth from Tone2 on my desktop ... 🧐

It is announced, but not released. Look at first post on this page.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

missed that.. sorry...
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 am It is announced, but not released. Look at first post on this page.

Nice! Keep rocking, guys.

Have a nice day! :smile:

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:36 pm There is also a white skin, right?
Like Markus mentioned it isn't recommended to use them except with the smallest size when v3 arrives, but I thought I'd show that one here and the other darker skin. They do work with v2 on my PC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you sure that these v1 skins work with v2?
For example, in the v1 skins (shown above) there is no dedicated browser button under the display in the top left (which is a feature in v2). Doesn't that mean that if you click on one of the PROGRAM buttons, the browser will open?
Anyway, it would be cool if Markus included updated versions of these skins in Saurus v3 (maybe in a later update).

As for the announcement of Saurus 3: That sounds really great. I am looking forward to it. :tu:

Actually I just checked and yes, it will open the browser if you click the up/down program buttons. I would say just forget it as the new version won't work with them in other sizes anyway.

The up/down buttons on the keyboard (in standalone) will cycle through the presets but not in the DAW. I just thought others might like to see those skins.

Examigan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:10 am I just thought others might like to see those skins.
I (and I am sure others) appreciate that. :tu: I did not mean to criticise you but was just unsure whether these old (but beautiful) skins will work with the newer versions of Saurus.

If you need a beta tester and/or sound designer, I'm ya guy :)

Always down for tone 2 stuff, and saurus looks dope!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Examigan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:35 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:36 pm There is also a white skin, right?
Like Markus mentioned it isn't recommended to use them except with the smallest size when v3 arrives, but I thought I'd show that one here and the other darker skin. They do work with v2 on my PC.
I wish I could get this white skin for Saurus!!

Yes, the white one is so much better on the eye. And it sounds better :hihi:

e-crooner wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 pm Yes, the white one is so much better on the eye. And it sounds better :hihi:
Haha.. no it will just sit nicely next to the white skin of Nemesis!!

Awesome! :party:

Very happy saurus user, excited to try v3 :D

Return to “Instruments”