Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:08 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:42 am "Downloaded Reason+ for $1 for 3 months."

Does that mean you can have Reason for 10 years and it will only cost you around £40 quid ? If I was long time Reason user, I'd feel rather shafted if that's the case.
No, it's actually $1/month for 3 months, then the full $20 once you've already started some projects with REs and devices you don't have :P
Does it come with free upgradings and free ring dings ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIPKZOPSb8
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:44 pm No shit?! :P
I mean that in all seriousness. That YouTube capture is washed out, grainy, pixelated, and most importantly not color-accurate. But yeah - it does look amazing in 4K. :D :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:35 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:44 pm No shit?! :P
I mean that in all seriousness. That YouTube capture is washed out, grainy, pixelated, and most importantly not color-accurate. But yeah - it does look amazing in 4K. :D :lol:
Looking forward to playing with it in Reason 12 in September, then! :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 pm Does it come with free upgradings and free ring dings ?

https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIPKZOPSb8
I'm convinced you're still in love with Reason and want to come back. It's OK, Scotty - Reason forgives you. Come on back!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:37 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 pm Does it come with free upgradings and free ring dings ?

https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIPKZOPSb8
I'm convinced you're still in love with Reason and want to come back. It's OK, Scotty - Reason forgives you. Come on back!
...and we dodged the bullet him not being there for HD GUI redesign. Also, anything to keep him away from Bitwig :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:58 pm
hoxclab wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm Rack plugin won't show up in my DAW as an instrument but only an effect. Tried the workarounds and still not working.
Vert weird- what DAW? VST3 issue? sometimes DAWs 'blacklist' things and it just needs resetting?
From the other thread, I think it is "Fruity Pro".

Vurt weird-
i beg your pardon! :o

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:15 pm
Vurt weird-
i beg your pardon! :o
Freudian slip :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:35 pm I mean that in all seriousness. That YouTube capture is washed out, grainy, pixelated, and most importantly not color-accurate. But yeah - it does look amazing in 4K. :D :lol:
Really, somebody with inside info?!!
I'm not too worried about the color scheme, but from squinting and guessing, the feature set is looking pretty limited... The biggest areas where a surprise seem possible are the two bars at the top, where the leftmost bit of each is selected in red. And perhaps the box beneath the keyboard range picture.

But really, it seems to only have two basic ADSRs, one standard filter, one basic FX insert, and one LFO. No MSEG, but for some bizarre reason two FX sends. Why would you need FX sends if you're not expecting to run multiple audio streams from a single RE? On something like Redrum and Kong, two FX sends make more sense. Curious.

EnochLight, I assume that you can't give us any details on it. So just blink twice if Mimic is capable of using NN-XT format patches...

I have no inside info but what I have read Mimic will be a small, light 'creative' sampler- more 'simpler' that Kontakt...
I don't think it is in any way meant as a replacement for NN-XT (which could use an upgrade but is a good place top start...)

Clearer picture of the bottom half at least- seems to tie in with the bury screenshot!

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

keel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:00 am Good additions, but serious, no sequencer update? That is still like using daw from 2008 or something. Do they use Reason to make music at all? Sequencer is where all the magic happens. You spend most of the time on there. It's always amazing me, how this company manage to disappoiting people with these announcements. I mean, there is a good and needed things coming, but blaah. Spend more time to make big improvements, so people don't need to get disappointed all the time. Move the release to next year and spend that 6 months to improve the sequencer.
These are only the announced features so far. When Reason 12 is officially released in September, there will be core daw improvements I'm sure. They have stated a couple of times, the daw will still be improved in the future.

That being said though, as with previous major Reason updates it will be 8-10 features at best I reckon with 2 or 3 being quite big (possibly track folders, VST 3 Support and either Time Markers or Midi Chase) the rest will be a few small features, possibly Note Displays, Join Midi Notes, Slice By Song Position Pointer, Autosave etc. We'll see in 6 to 8 weeks.

keel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:00 am Good additions, but serious, no sequencer update? That is still like using daw from 2008 or something.
There is plenty that can be added and improved, but it is a far more fully featured sequencer in many ways than say Live or Bitwig that have no audio pitch correction whatsoever and only got 'comping' this year! Reason also has a great ReGroove mixer (now in HD :wink: ) and Blocks

Even in 2021 Does any other DAW have a better solution than a dedicated 'mixer' to apply varying amounts of groove quantisation (with its own groove pool), shuffle, offset, randomness and velocity variation to individual tracks or individual note lanes? A lot of DAWS are only just adding randomness and velocity variations now...

Reason also still has a far more advanced mixer than many DAWS, so its in good shape...

Anyway, 12.5 will come...sequencer updates, VST3 etc, they know what needed :tu:

SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm it is a far more fully featured sequencer in many ways than say Live or Bitwig that have no audio pitch correction whatsoever and only got 'comping' this year!
Sure, but it is also dramatically lacking in other regards...

no MIDI loop-recording, no slip-editing... :-o
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:20 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm it is a far more fully featured sequencer in many ways than say Live or Bitwig that have no audio pitch correction whatsoever and only got 'comping' this year!
Sure, but it is also dramatically lacking in other regards...

no MIDI loop-recording, no slip-editing... :-o
What DAW has every feature ever invented? It seems users have extra high demands on features when it comes to Reason, but are more understanding when it comes to features missing in other DAWs. Same goes for workflow.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

These two I mentioned are bare basics almost every DAW has... and what do you mean with "more understanding"? Reason is my main DAW of choice, so I am really puzzled what on earth that could possibly refer to? As in never daring to even just mention anywhere what's missing?

I love the smell of fanbois in the morning...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”