Problems with Focusrite driver Win 10

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
just aquired a nice focusrite 3rd gen audio interface but regretting it a little at the moment.
For no reason win 10 (latest Version) crashes and the wonderful BSOD appears, telling me its the focusrite driver ( again latest version).

Ive trolled the internet and applied all the fixes I can find but it still happens randomly.. even happened as i was closing down windows yesterday...

has anyone experience i how to find the real culprit.. or how they sorted it?
thanks for any help

Tony

I own a Focusrite 2nd gen interface and I experienced similar problems. In my case it had to do with the red USB cable that was included. When I was moving the USB plug in the connector of the interface just a little bit I got a Windows 10 blue screen every time. I found out (crawling through different forums) that the provided USB cable is a mess and does not fit into the connector properly. After using another USB cable this never happend again and the interface just works fine.
Last edited by crisis-at-music on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

thanks crisis, ill give that a try, ill order a new one... hope it works.. driving me crazy...oooh oooh...

Try a different USB port. The Focusrite is a USB2 device, so best to connect to USB2 (rather than the newer USB3) if possible.

Run latencymon utility to see if any background task is interfering with audio streaming.

thanks flugel45.. will try that also...
focusrite have sent me a load of things to try today as well... will see..

This may have nailed it, no crashes so far... hope its this simple... thanks flugel 45...

flugel45 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:42 am Try a different USB port. The Focusrite is a USB2 device, so best to connect to USB2 (rather than the newer USB3) if possible.

Run latencymon utility to see if any background task is interfering with audio streaming.

Just to add to this. I had a similar problem with an older Focusrite Scarlett and the issue for me was I had it connected via a USB Hub. Not sure if it's common knowledge not to use hubs but yeh....took me ages to work out. Plugged the cable into USB2 onboard the laptop and no more problems :)

hi,
yes i knew about this, it was originally connected to an onboard USB3, then tried the onboard USB2, I did try this before but second go seems to have worked so far, been using all morning with no issues except getting the thing setup correctly with the software mixer it has to use from focusrite..it has taken me awhile to get to grips with it, old age i think..brain doesnt like 'new' technoloy anymore.. hee hee..

biggins wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 pm Just to add to this. I had a similar problem with an older Focusrite Scarlett and the issue for me was I had it connected via a USB Hub. Not sure if it's common knowledge not to use hubs but yeh....took me ages to work out. Plugged the cable into USB2 onboard the laptop and no more problems :)

a little updatre,
things seem to be going ok, only a couple of crashes since with a whole day using the system.
one thing i found out (while trying to get my Korg SQ64 working) was that there is a USB driver list, only the first 9 seems to be allowed, my SQ 64 was numver 11, so i had to delete some drivers to move the SQ 64 up theblist and now works perfectly, i also made sure the focusrite driver was up the list as well.

heres a link to the video that helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVy2aqQm3U8

hope all is well...

I have problems with my 1st gen Scarlett 2i2 as of late. It sucks because Focusrite won't release updates or help. Probably my last Focusrite device to be honest. Disappointing I have to wait for the BSOD. Then I get into Windows. Where I have to unplug my interface and plug it in. Half the time I forget and already have my speakers turned on which I have to turn off and back on again. It's been such a pain in the rump.

My PC says there's a problem with driver for my 3rd gen Solo but it doesn't crash or anything.

:shrug:

well, its started to happen again, had many BSOD's today, and the focusrite just seems to disconnect and no hardware found in the control centre.
its driving me mad, been ok for a while, no other hardware installed recently, tried new USB cabe, different USB ports, seems to work, then stops, I have to switch off the 18i20 and switch on again to reset things, reboot windows when no BSOD, cant fathom whether its the hardware at fault.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :-x :-x

Hi I really like my focusrite audio interfaces over the years but had a horrible experience with the scarlett 4i4 sound card that I purchased a few months ago. I ended up selling it for 50e and it was worth 236e in gear 4 music. I think it was something to do with the usb

well i might sell this if focusrite do not get it working.. not for 50e tho... :dog: :hihi:
Influx808 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 pm Hi I really like my focusrite audio interfaces over the years but had a horrible experience with the scarlett 4i4 sound card that I purchased a few months ago. I ended up selling it for 50e and it was worth 236e in gear 4 music. I think it was something to do with the usb

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”