Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

jamcat wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:19 am Roland JX-8P
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pg-8x-by-ml-vst/ PG8X is decent, no need of other emulation
egbert101 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:38 pm Memorymoog V, PPG Wave V, AlphaSyntauri V, Matrix 1000 V.
AlphaSyntauri https://www.kvraudio.com/product/phosph ... dio-damage

fmr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 pm
Interesting. Didn't know that. The site doesn't have that much information either :-(

I hope they don't stick to the GUI panel shown. It would be plainly stupid, and would ruin the instrument, IMO. A "computer display" for editing is somehow mandatory in this day and age.
They'v got full featured editor here:
https://chinenual.github.io/synergize/

DK Synergy was on my list long ago, UVI offers seem to me boring as hell, because they a just samples.
For Arturia V DSS1+DW8000 would be interesting

When you guys think it will release approx?

Korg MonoPoly or Polysix.

MC-909 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 am When you guys think it will release approx?
Not sure exactly, as I believe V Collection 6 was released May 2017, V 7 was April 2019 and 8 was December 2020. So I am thinking maybe December or January, but who knows.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toitoi wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:55 pm
fmr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 pm
Interesting. Didn't know that. The site doesn't have that much information either :-(

I hope they don't stick to the GUI panel shown. It would be plainly stupid, and would ruin the instrument, IMO. A "computer display" for editing is somehow mandatory in this day and age.
They'v got full featured editor here:
https://chinenual.github.io/synergize/

DK Synergy was on my list long ago, UVI offers seem to me boring as hell, because they a just samples.
Looks interesting, but not a good solution, IMO. You don't have the editor inside the instrument, but as a side app, that needs to be opened to edit, and then export the results.

This should be built into the VST instrument itself.
Fernando (FMR)

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pg-8x-by-ml-vst/ PG8X is decent, no need of other emulation
PG-8X actually goes well beyond “decent.” It’s phenomenal and truly one of the most accurate 1:1 emulations of any synth out there. But that alone won’t stop Arturia from doing their own model.

The question is what we think Arturia will do next, not what the world needs most. I’m sure lots of people said the same thing about the DX7, Juno, Casio CZ, and OB-X models too.

My concern with the PG-8X, though, is long term viability, particularly concerning Apple M1 and VST3. I would feel much more at ease about using the PG-8X if Martin released an update supporting those.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:09 am
PG-8X actually goes well beyond “decent.” It’s phenomenal and truly one of the most accurate 1:1 emulations of any synth out there. But that alone won’t stop Arturia from doing their own model.

The question is what we think Arturia will do next, not what the world needs most. I’m sure lots of people said the same thing about the DX7, Juno, Casio CZ, and OB-X models too.

My concern with the PG-8X, though, is long term viability, particularly concerning Apple M1 and VST3. I would feel much more at ease about using the PG-8X if Martin released an update supporting those.
Not just that. The PG-8X emulates the JX-8P. There is also the JX-10 which is kinda like two JX-8P, with some extra bells and whistles. If Arturia is going to emulate it, I hope they go through the extra mile, and emulate the JX-10.
Fernando (FMR)

So would these JXs bring anything new to the V collection sound pallet?

SHall1000 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 am So would these JXs bring anything new to the V collection sound pallet?
As new as any new emulation does. In the past, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Sequential Circuits, Oberheim, Moog, Moog, and later Waldorf, Access, Novation, etc. kept launching synths. Each of them was a variation of the same od recipe, with some new things added, and sometyimes, radically different concepts (like PPG Wave, Casio CZ, Yamaha DX7, Fairligh CMI, Synclavier, E-Mu Emulator, etc.).

Roland kept launching variations of the same old theme (PCM baed synths) since the D-50. Korg did the same since the M1.

It's up to the user to decide whether the new justifies the purchase or not :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Understood. So are there any “radically different concepts” missing from the V collection set? PPG Wave maybe?

JX-8P / JX-10 are DCO synths, so I would say yes, enough to justify their addition.

SHall1000 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 pm Understood. So are there any “radically different concepts” missing from the V collection set? PPG Wave maybe?
Wavestation, D-50, M-1, Ensoniq, Kawai additives, early VA's (Nord Lead, Virus, JP-8080)...

I know many criticized Arturia for including an updated version of the Jup-8 as part of the paid upgrade last time, but I personally hope they update more of the old instruments. Some of them like the CS-80, Moog and Prophet 5/VS date back to the mid-noughties, without any major updates to the core sound engine since. It's all and well and good having 30+ instruments, but when half of them sound like SynthEdit synths from 2006, it does drag down the perceived value of the collection.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm
SHall1000 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 pm Understood. So are there any “radically different concepts” missing from the V collection set? PPG Wave maybe?
Wavestation, D-50, M-1, Ensoniq, Kawai additives, early VA's (Nord Lead, Virus, JP-8080)...
There is no possibility of ROMplers like the M-1 and Wavestation in the V Collection. KORG own those samples. If you want a virtual M-1 or Wavestation, you can get them from KORG.

jamcat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:12 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm
There is no possibility of ROMplers like the M-1 and Wavestation in the V Collection. KORG own those samples. If you want a virtual M-1 or Wavestation, you can get them from KORG.
Was just thinking about territory not covered. I have the Korg plugs. And the Roland D-50. Just pointing out there's more vintage types of synthesis than analogs that could bring something new to the collection.

If you want what I think we'll actually get, see my first post in this thread.

Return to “Instruments”