Best Production Youtube Channels

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
KVRAF
4508 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:41 pm

hazzzzz wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 pm
House of Kush is the one!
I think that House of Kush bloke is a bit over-rated tbh. Just because he codes his own plugins he thinks he's clever. Well he's not. And I don't like the thing he wears around his neck either. Sad!

Just who does he think he is? Some kind of mixing guru? Just take a look at his output: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHouseofKushTV/videos

Some ok videos, ok, but still not sure about that thing he wears around his neck. It's very distracting! He's also very handsome with a strange and rare charisma. Who needs that when they are learning about the ideal EQ curve? Not me! And you probably don't, either!

I think a better place for beginners to start would be this channel by our very own DJ Warmonger: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8AKjT ... 2YQ/videos

He covers the basics.

And he doesn't wear anything funny around his neck that distracts me.

If pushed, I would say both have merit.

KVRian
776 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:12 am

Here’s the thing, after you learned a bunch of basics like knowing what each knob means/does on an eq, compressor, saturator, delay, reverb (and you alteady know these by watching any channel you already follow), the rest is just work and ear-training that no tutorial can do for you unless you spend hours working.

There is a long thread on the GS forum where John Hanes, partner of Serban Ghenea (the best mixing engineer of the last 20 years) debunks a sh*load of myths in the music mixing like no one else ever did - because (opposite to all youtube channels and blogs) he’s not advertising products. He’s a worldclass engineer not endorsing any products. The information there is so clean, simple, elegant and brutally honest. For me, it upped my workflow and mixing approach during a year of reading his continous contribution to that thread (and applying it) like no tutorials on mix with the masters or any yt channels did in over 3 years.

I can only recommend to read his input on there, there is a Q&A with John Hanes section and a “Serban Ghenea mixes - all ITB?” thread - they truly are something no one should ever skip to read. Cheers!

KVRer
2 posts since 7 Jul, 2021

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:36 pm

House of Kush for me as well!

KVRAF
2575 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:48 pm

House of Kush without question!

KVRer
29 posts since 21 Jul, 2021

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Produce Like a Pro and Dave Pensado for the technical stuff.
And, Kush for the right attitude/mindset

KVRist
38 posts since 7 Jan, 2021

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:49 am

My 2 cents. Maybe ‘a little’ techno oriented, but very good tutors and theoretical backgrounds, not only showing ‘how to make this sound’. I learned a lot from them.

- Yalcin Efe/Mercurial Tones Academy
- Underdog Music School (Oscar from Brussels)
- You suck at producing (Underbelly)
- LNA does audio
- Rachel K Colliers channel
- Production Music Live
- Sinee/Björn Torwellen
At the beginning of something beautiful...

KVRAF
4177 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:19 am

andymcbain wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:49 am
Mixing With Mike
Whitney Houston's engineer. Amazing credentials and validation.
House of Kush has concepts I never realised. I also like Colt Capperrune, he makes commercial recordings.

I prefer professional resources, anyone can start a channel with no credentials with financial gain in mind, I've seen similar dropping videos into forums and disappearing. There's a money to earned, here's a tutor who earned $75000 a month.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

KVRAF
2753 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:26 am

E-Clip

KVRer
11 posts since 26 Jul, 2021

Post Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:57 am

SonicAcademy
Guy Michelmore (Film Scoring)
Underdog Electronic Music School

KVRAF
2388 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 am

The ones that have the best selection of plants, quaint books and rustic items naturally positioned around their Keystep/module combos, not to mention the quality of the grain on the wooden table on which it all rests.

KVRist
59 posts since 17 Oct, 2020

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:55 am

You Suck at Producing and Sol State.

KVRist
124 posts since 31 Aug, 2020

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:26 am

House of kush for me too. He's looking at music and not just sound.
His last video is veeery interesting (song analysis).

KVRian
1223 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Future

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Best ideas in music productions comes from mistakes and experiments ,creating more mistakes :)
For example if you BY MISTAKE put a 16 note in a wrong place it probably become a 32 note anf create dynamic.
All the saturation and harmonic excitement devices are discovered by mistake :)
I prefer to watch random guys enthusiasts sharing ideas than super pro doing tutorials and repeating same 'techniques' for decades - where is surprise and innovations in that,music evolve,must be new ideas and sound.
When start to dealing with sound design i was driven by idea 'How better than me do it',now it's 'What better i can do,nobody else have done yet' :):):)
Cheers :)

KVRer
6 posts since 3 Sep, 2021

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:13 am

If you do any work on mobile devices, it's definitely worth checking out thesoundtestroom. Doug is a character!

KVRist
130 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:40 am

Seed to Stage for Abletons.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”