DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

I think there is a bug in the flexi script. I set a note to "previous track" and another note to "next track". When I hit that notes the selected track changes as expected, but I also hear that the note triggers a sound. I would expect that no midi note is triggered.

I tested with two different MIDI controllers, Bitwig 4.0.1, DrivenByMoss 13.0.0, Windows 10.

Don’t know if its a bug, might also be a feature. But I could imagine a mode which would filter all mapped midi events. On the other hand you could place a midi note filter into your chain as workaround…

Where exactly should I place the midi note filter? In every track?

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 2.37.40 PM.png
Hi Jurgen, With 13.0.0, my NI KK S61 Mk1 keyboard crashes in Bitwig 4.0.1 using the Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 script when I turn a knob or touch a button. This is the dialog error message from Bitwig ^^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ztp wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:53 pm Hi, Moss! First of all, thank you for your hard work, which I'm already using!
I'm considering buying a Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2 and would like to know what is the main difference between your script and the one Bitwig provides since v3.3.4? I mean, besides controlling bitwig device params!
Thanks
ztp

EDITED: Just found that it seems Bitwig script also can control device parameters if one changes the KK to MIDI mode!
But it is only MIDI mode, which means you do not see any parameter or page names. Furthermnore you get several settings. Simply compare the 2 manuals.

When I setup my flexi controller cc values to the device parameter 1-8, is it possible to pin this specific controller to a fixed track in bitwig? I want to control the track parameters also when the track is not the selected active track.

arsc wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:10 pm I think there is a bug in the flexi script. I set a note to "previous track" and another note to "next track". When I hit that notes the selected track changes as expected, but I also hear that the note triggers a sound. I would expect that no midi note is triggered.

I tested with two different MIDI controllers, Bitwig 4.0.1, DrivenByMoss 13.0.0, Windows 10.
It is noted in the manual but I guess it might be easily overlooked:
"The blocked notes are only updated when loading a configuration or when switching between slots."

If this was not the case please tell me what you did map exactly and what the settings in the keyboard section are.

killmaster wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 2.37.40 PM.png

Hi Jurgen, With 13.0.0, my NI KK S61 Mk1 keyboard crashes in Bitwig 4.0.1 using the Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 script when I turn a knob or touch a button. This is the dialog error message from Bitwig ^^^
I cannot replicate your issue. Please tell me what is your OS. Also please post the full exception from the JavaScript console.

arsc wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:12 pm When I setup my flexi controller cc values to the device parameter 1-8, is it possible to pin this specific controller to a fixed track in bitwig? I want to control the track parameters also when the track is not the selected active track.
There is both "Selected Track: Toggle Pin" as well as "Device: Toggle Pin".

moss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:49 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 2.37.40 PM.png

I cannot replicate your issue. Please tell me what is your OS. Also please post the full exception from the JavaScript console.
Thanks for you help. I'm running OSX Big Sur 11.4

Here is console output on crash:

Called init()
Running.
begin 72, end 144, length 72
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 72, end 144, length 72
at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.display.AbstractTextDisplay.flush(AbstractTextDisplay.java:312)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.ni.kontrol.mki.controller.Kontrol1Display.flush(Kontrol1Display.java:53)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.ni.kontrol.mki.controller.Kontrol1Display.notifyOnDisplay(Kontrol1Display.java:169)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.display.AbstractTextDisplay.notify(AbstractTextDisplay.java:244)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.ni.kontrol.mki.controller.Kontrol1ControlSurface.octaveChanged(Kontrol1ControlSurface.java:304)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.ni.kontrol.mki.controller.Kontrol1UsbDevice.lambda$processHIDMessage$3(Kontrol1UsbDevice.java:909)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.BitwigStudioHost$ScheduledTask.invokeCallback(SourceFile:728)
at nHe.KJm(SourceFile:94)
at nHe.z21(SourceFile:90)
at czk.N2D(SourceFile:128)
at ldC.ijH(SourceFile:76)
at RSl.tm1(SourceFile:273)
at Lky.KJm(SourceFile:329)
at V2J.KJm(SourceFile:205)
at NVp.run(SourceFile:91)
at V2J.run(SourceFile:106)

Hi Jurgen,
Any chnace to add support for Akai Force ? It’s a Push like machine with a 64x64 mayrix pads. 7inc touch screen, dedicated scene launch buttons, different modes….
Can be the perfect Ableton Push (on steroids) replacement for Bitwig.
Have one and can beta test if needed !
Many many thanks !!!

killmaster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 pm

Called init()
Running.
Thanks! Will be fixed in the next update (maybe already later today)!

yassinex wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:11 pm Hi Jurgen,
Any chnace to add support for Akai Force ? It’s a Push like machine with a 64x64 mayrix pads. 7inc touch screen, dedicated scene launch buttons, different modes….
Can be the perfect Ableton Push (on steroids) replacement for Bitwig.
Have one and can beta test if needed !
Many many thanks !!!
Still no news on this.

DrivenByMoss 13.0.1 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 4.0
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Certain notification messages could crash devices with text display.
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: Toggling a value with a MIDI note did not work if Note off (0x80) was sent on note release.
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Removed blinking from playing clips.
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:32 am
killmaster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 pm

Called init()
Running.
Thanks! Will be fixed in the next update (maybe already later today)!
Yay!! Thanks so much!! EDIT: seems to have fixed it for me here!!
Last edited by killmaster on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Controller Scripting”