Nettle, what a nice surprise...

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to start a discussion about this entry. This is a really nice addition to my synth arsenal. Very unique and great sounds. I am on Mac of course, but a Windows version is promised...
I dig all synths which escape the century old VA paradigms...

It seems it does not listen to pitch bend. I would love to see that added, and of course I would like to see MPE as well... But for now this is my winner...

Yeah, +1.

Haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but yeah, does look like a very interesting tool for evolving pads especially.

Hey thanks a bunch for your feedback so far! I am in fact working on getting a Windows version up and running, so I'll post on KVR (maybe even in this thread haha) whenever it's uploaded. It might take some time because I'm not too familiar with the Windows OS atm but I will make sure it happens.
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:28 am It seems it does not listen to pitch bend. I would love to see that added, and of course I would like to see MPE as well...
Thanks for these suggestions. I had considered implementing pitch bend but I was hesitant because I personally don't use that wheel on my keyboard very much - however, that's not the most considerate thing to do on my part hahaha so I'll definitely add that in! I actually hadn't thought of exploring MPE capabilities, though I do remember messing around with the Seaboard in other plugins during one of my classes in college. I recall it being super cool to play with so I'll take a look and see what I can do. While I can't add these (and possibly more!) features during the voting period, you can expect to see an update sometime afterwards.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback and for trying out Nettle :DD

Testing out the Windows version now, works fine, also does aggressive basses impressively well. So well it makes me wish there was a mono mode and portamento, but, well, rules say no adding features till the voting is over, so perhaps someday in the future.

DSmolken - thanks for trying it out! Interesting point you make about aggressive bass sounds - I haven't messed around too much with those kinds of sounds (as you may infer from the demo video I made hahaha) but I can totally see where you're coming from. Something I gotta try...

You're right about the "no adding features" rule haha, but the suggestions of a mono mode and portamento are good ones that I will definitely implement in the future.

Yeah, based on the video I was expecting pads, but starting from the init preset and trying out modulating filter cutoff with the LFO I realized this does growly dubstep very easily. Metallic plucks are also very easy to get with complex hammer shape, quick decay, and a decaying filter.

Of course, the history of music is full of tools that turn out to be great for purposes their designers didn't really have in mind.

Beautifully said :') Glad to hear the processes you took to make some sounds as well.

I have been using the Windows version as well. Things seem to be working fine.

This instrument makes it easy to create interesting evolving textures and pads as mentioned earlier, and I too am impressed by the dirty bass tones that can be made. Many of the sounds I happen to stumble upon are fresh and new to the ear. Overall I’m enjoying this plugin very much and at the moment it’s certainly one of my favorites.
Last edited by budewd on Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the Windows version. Will try it out later :)

I've been trying this, definitely different, and in a good way. Still trying to get my head around it, but what I like is it sounds very organic to me.

And I love things that don't conform, well done :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I really dig this. With Whispair, GR-8, Reducktion and Nettle. It's been good year.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Really enjoying this synth in Logic! First time I've been able to get a nice, slightly detuned harpsichord out of a synth. Unique sounds! Good work!

budewd, LeVzi, v1o, and tickytock - thanks so much for your kind words <3

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”