Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

They wouldn't be hidden, I only installed them yesterday. But I did check, just to be sure.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:27 am Yeah, done all those things. The file is actually named "JP6K (64).dll" so it's hard to get that wrong. I even checked the plugin log file and they are listed, just like everything else. So it knows they are there.

Presonus just gave me a big, long list of things to try, most of which I have already done, but I won't get anything out of them until Monday now, I imagine. Of course, it has to be the one synth I use in every single song so I can't do any bloody thing on the new machine over the weekend. Typical!

Thanks for your replies, though, I appreciate the effort.
Can you see them in Plugin Manager (not sure what you're referring to when mentioning "log file")?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

What plugin manager?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

How about downloading Reaper and see if it shows up in that DAW ?

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:26 pm What plugin manager?
Screenshot1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow, never noticed that button down there before and when I did a search in the manual for "plugin manager" it came up empty. It just confirms that S1 can't see the plugins at all.

There are other annoyances, too. If I open a song with ANA2 or any of several other plugins in it, it tells me it can't find them and I have to add them in again, which makes them lose the patch settings they had. bx_oberhausen always loads with the INIT patch, which is an ongoing problem I've been having with several plugins for ages when moving a project from one machine to another, but now all the S1 presets I saved for it return zero values for every parameter.

These are problems I never have with Orion or Cubase, which makes it really annoying. There are a lot of things I like about Studio One but this stupid stuff makes me question my choices.

I'll do that with ANA2 and see.

I'm not getting that. windows 10, latest update and S1 5.3.............not happening here. Sorry.

I’m mixing a track in SO5 Pro and have started getting a horrible issue where randomly, there’s a pop, all sound cuts and the master meters peak out and say 666…

Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?
Cheers in advance.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:46 am I’m mixing a track in SO5 Pro and have started getting a horrible issue where randomly, there’s a pop, all sound cuts and the master meters peak out and say 666…

Cheers in advance.
Check the feedback knobs of the VST instruments you are using and reset them. It may seem like Damien is taking over Studio One but it's typically due to something you can't hear or see.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:11 am
simmo75 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:46 am I’m mixing a track in SO5 Pro and have started getting a horrible issue where randomly, there’s a pop, all sound cuts and the master meters peak out and say 666…

Cheers in advance.
Check the feedback knobs of the VST instruments you are using and reset them. It may seem like Damien is taking over Studio One but it's typically due to something you can't hear or see.
There’s no VST Instruments at all, all audio, it’s not feedback, it’s a random pop, the meters max out and go to 666 (literally)…
Thanks for the reply.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:26 am
There’s no VST Instruments at all, all audio, it’s not feedback, it’s a random pop, the meters max out and go to 666 (literally)…
Thanks for the reply.
No Limiters or Compressors being used ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 am
simmo75 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:26 am
Thanks for the reply.
No Limiters or Compressors being used ?
No limiters but there’s compression, nothing is peaking, it’s like a random spike. I’ve just been googling it and it seems to be a Studio One issue, the spike, the pop and the 666 meter error. There seems to be no fix for it…

simmo75 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:37 am No limiters but there’s compression, nothing is peaking, it’s like a random spike. I’ve just been googling it and it seems to be a Studio One issue, the spike, the pop and the 666 meter error. There seems to be no fix for it…
I created a track recently and ran into something similar but this was a big track with VI's and bounced audio tracks. I had to hunt down what was causing the sound to cut out. As far as I remember, I went through the usual volume checks of everything, checked the instruments and effects being used. I identified that Replika had it's feedback knob all the way to the right. I can't be 100% sure but I suspect that was causing the problem which actually happened at a particular section of the track. What I also did was reset the audio driver settings to something else, then created a new song to check if the audio was restored. I've not had any issues since going through that process but I did also adjust the track levels so they were below the threshold and check on the master limiter I was using.

Has anyone completed a full album on Studio One? I always see users having problems and selling the software. I talk to some engineers from time to time and none recommend it and are always speaking highly of Reaper. What's the appeal with Studio One? It seems like a mess. I've demoed it and was not a fan at all.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”