How Cool Is This? Laptop & Tablet in One

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
KVRAF
12576 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:06 pm

BONES wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 am
There are a series of these videos, of this guy using his laptop like it was an iPad with various different bits of hardware. It blurs the line between hardware and software more than anything I have ever seen.
The Zenbook Pro Duo looks amazing. Aside from using the second screen as a keyboard or drum pad, what is it allowing you to do that you can't do with an Ultrabook?

I once got to be on stage with The Advent (G-Flame) and his live rig was a great amalgamation of laptop and hardware. The main things he used were Ableton, a Pioneer DJM-600, and a live looper, although he had about 10 other pieces of hardware, including that strange Ableton crossfade controller that was made around 15 years ago. The best part is he was having a great time using it all.

GRRRRRRR!

Topic Starter

12327 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:38 pm

I am using it to separate the Piano Roll from the Mixer in Studio One, so basically as a second monitor. You can float both windows so I drag the Piano Roll down to the bottom screen and maximise it. I'd prefer to have the Mixer down there but Studio One treats it differently to the Piano Roll and the top and bottom of the window get cut off so you can't resize or move it (nothing to grab). Cubase will probably work better but I haven't installed that yet.

And mine's not a Pro model, it's the cooking variety with a "U" Series CPU and a much more basic graphics card. It doesn't get the numeral pad inside the trackpad, either. Still, it's probably at least three times gruntier than my Surface Pro, which is twice as much grunt as I actually need. BTW, someone mentioned that the main screen isn't a touchscreen on the newer model but it's not on mine, either, so maybe that's another advantage of the Pro model.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10, UR44C | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”