Bitwig Studio 4 announced (+beta available)!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll be honest, I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been talked about...

Anyone having issues with ANA 2 presets being messed up in Bitwig? I was trying to make my first complete project in Bitwig, but everything sounded all messed up when I tried loading many different presets in ANA. I switched back to Studio One 5 and ANA acted normally. I'm also a complete newb in Bitwig, so it very well could have been something I did.

cnt wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:01 am I've seen zero installations of Fruityloops in any studios I've been working in. Even in the academic world of audio engineering FL is like the only DAW that isn't taught by professionals (I know for a fact that Cubase/Logic/Reaper/Live/Bitwig is being taught at the audio engineering programs at the university). But I also know a lot of people love Fruity and produced incredibly good albums with it. The albums where mostly mixed in other DAWs in the end, but who gives a shit?! I don't have an urge to diss it just because *I* don't like it... Pubertal behavior.

Why would I go on a Fruity-forum and claim it's unprofessional just because no professional studios use it? Who cares? If someone use it for to produce good songs, good for them!
You wouldn't because it's not. You answered your own question.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:44 pm Dude you are using freaking FL, GTFO! :lol:
The guy is just trolling... best not reply.

yes please, subscribed...let's get back on topic, please and thank you ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

FLS just hasn’t traditionally followed the recording studio metaphor. They’ve been adding it slowly, but why would a studio invest in something their engineers will have to learn anew? That doesn’t mean it’s not worthwhile, just unfamiliar and not particularly well suited for that role.

It is interesting that with new versions Bitwig (4) and Ableton (11) swapped velocity lines. Ableton now have horizontal velocity lines, Bitwig - vertical.

Stan Navi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:13 pm It is interesting that with new versions Bitwig (4) and Ableton (11) swapped velocity lines. Ableton now have horizontal velocity lines, Bitwig - vertical.
That's clearly to avoid anyone accusing them or copying eachother ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Downangle wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:02 am I'll be honest, I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been talked about...

Anyone having issues with ANA 2 presets being messed up in Bitwig? I was trying to make my first complete project in Bitwig, but everything sounded all messed up when I tried loading many different presets in ANA. I switched back to Studio One 5 and ANA acted normally. I'm also a complete newb in Bitwig, so it very well could have been something I did.
ANA 2 vst3 doesn't work for me in Bitwig (patches are all screwed up when loading). Try using the vst2 instead.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

antic604 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:56 pm
Stan Navi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:13 pm It is interesting that with new versions Bitwig (4) and Ableton (11) swapped velocity lines. Ableton now have horizontal velocity lines, Bitwig - vertical.
That's clearly to avoid anyone accusing them or copying eachother ;) :D
Impossible. They have nothing in common :o
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

there is the letter 'i'

Did BitWig 4 add or already have key & scales like Cubase/Ableton?

worldshaker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:32 pm Did BitWig 4 add or already have key & scales like Cubase/Ableton?
Not yet. And both of them added that feature in their latest version, despite being on the market 30+ and 20+ years respectively. Bitwig will have it sooner, even though it's only 6 years old :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

worldshaker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:32 pm Did BitWig 4 add or already have key & scales like Cubase/Ableton?
Bitwig Dev's felt microtonality was more important than regular key/chord and scale stuff. It has advantages like tuning modulation, but probably not as useful as standard scales for most users.

It may be in their next update, it may be never...there is no road map for Bitwig.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^ Architect has patterns(ghost clip)/step recording/scales(custom, highlight)/chord auditioning(Bitwig has only notes) so all the things that are missing from Bitwig (at this moment)
viewforum.php?f=141 all of them can be modulated too (till we get MIDI Grid ...)

ps. although Architect has VST plugin support(has own mixer) out of the MIDI generator plugins can't be routed back into it (MIDI streams live only its mixer between VST plugins) but works perfectly with Bitwig where there is no such an issue >> viewtopic.php?p=7640153#p7640153 and it hasn't got piano-roll(AFAIK in the future going to have) just sequencers vs Bitwig ... :D so they can be good friends :hug: complement and reinforce each other nicely
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:09 pm ^^^ Architect has patterns(ghost clip)/step recording/scales(custom, highlight)/chord auditioning(Bitwig has only notes) so all the things that are missing from Bitwig (at this moment)
Dont forget the fix they need to do with EQ+ adding latency to a track that cannot be fixed in any way currently.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”